The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, Rodzilla72 said:

...but the truth is back in 2008 the label had finally had enough nonsense, cut their losses and went in and pried the 14 most finished songs that had any potential out of Axl's stubborn hands, stuck them on a record and cut their losses.

This is not true. By the time the 2008 album was released, there was another album ready to go. Axl more of less confirmed this during his chat, and again in an interview years later. 2008 CD wasn't the best 14 songs out of the 2-3 albums of finished material they had at the time, that should be apparent from what we have all heard from the Village leaks. 

With that being said, CD is a good "sampler" of the type of material that spans the two albums. CD2 being a bit darker in parts, however. CD2 also never had DJ Ashba added, at last by 2013. It was Bucket/Robin stuff, touched some by Bumblefoot, and likely Frank as well, just like the 2008 album. Had CD2 of been released 2009-2014, it, like CD would have similar style of songs, good songs, a few stinkers, and some amazing tracks too, the "big guns" as they say.

I'm of the strong opinion it is a damn shame we never got this album as intended during this time. We thought CD in 2008 was overproduced, and CD2 would have been as well of course, but now we're going to get CD2 ran through the NITL grinder and end up with an album mixed and mastered like Absurd, and Hard Skool, and I hope I'm wrong on that and they actually take care in that release, leaving the best work from those who made those songs, adding some Duff and Slash, Melissa, Frank, then appropriate, and then mixing and mastering it well, which is unlikely from what we have heard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodzilla72 said:

100% agree on both of these- you can talk about "well they said they've recorded a ton and there's so much new stuff ready to go... CD is a trilogy and there's 90 songs etc etc etc" all you want, but the truth is back in 2008 the label had finally had enough nonsense, cut their losses and went in and pried the 14 most finished songs that had any potential out of Axl's stubborn hands, stuck them on a record and cut their losses.

Over the next 14 years or so they've released 2 additional tracks from the massive trove left behind in CD's wake- as @Stro accurately pointed out - 1) a slightly reworked joke song with infantile lyrics first conceived by a former member over 20 years ago and 2) another 2+ decade old rocker with token bass & lead guitar additions from the reunited gang, clearly featuring the demo vocal with layers of effects and production.

So maybe none of the key people are "lying" that all this material exists, and if so... what? They just don't feel like releasing it? I'd say at this point it's mainly fear and anxiety- how will this be received? Is it good enough? Anything we release will just be compared to the past, etc etc etc. 

the release of HS and Absurd was a step in the right direction. With Axl it's always baby steps. According to Duff and Dizzy there is a shitload of material. According to Slash, they've worked on a lot of songs. There are many more people who have spoke about it and it seems there is at least enough material for an album.

I think if Axl was worried about how people will receive the material in the vault, he wouldn't have released Absurd as the first tune with Slash and Duff. A song he allegedly wanted to release since 2013 so I won't even begin to presume why Axl operates the way he does, but the point is we at least got something last year, not long ago. Hopefully more will be released soonish.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

agree with the above....if he was worried about how the songs would be received, Absurd wouldnt have been the first release by the "big 3" post reunion. Axl has said a lot over the years....so has Richard...so did DJ Ashba....so has Dizzy....now Slash has said things about new music along the same lines....honestly, what's the hold up? I dont think it's a savvy marketing campaign etc. What is a realistic option outside of the music just not being ready to go? Axl doesnt like it anymore?

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Hoarders over ten years ago had a lot more stuff than what has leaked thus far, but most of the ones I knew are no longer around.

Hopefully one or more eventually say "fuck it" and release what they have for the amusement of themselves, and enjoyment of the fans.

I agree there’s stuff out there hoarded. I just don’t see a “fuck it” moment happening in the near future or at all really. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I’ve got a smidgen of hope that they release a single Friday, if anything to make up for the Glasgow disappointment 

It would have been released in New Zealand and Australia by now. It's already Friday there.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

This is not true. By the time the 2008 album was released, there was another album ready to go. Axl more of less confirmed this during his chat, and again in an interview years later. 2008 CD wasn't the best 14 songs out of the 2-3 albums of finished material they had at the time, that should be apparent from what we have all heard from the Village leaks. 

With that being said, CD is a good "sampler" of the type of material that spans the two albums. CD2 being a bit darker in parts, however. CD2 also never had DJ Ashba added, at last by 2013. It was Bucket/Robin stuff, touched some by Bumblefoot, and likely Frank as well, just like the 2008 album. Had CD2 of been released 2009-2014, it, like CD would have similar style of songs, good songs, a few stinkers, and some amazing tracks too, the "big guns" as they say.

I'm of the strong opinion it is a damn shame we never got this album as intended during this time. We thought CD in 2008 was overproduced, and CD2 would have been as well of course, but now we're going to get CD2 ran through the NITL grinder and end up with an album mixed and mastered like Absurd, and Hard Skool, and I hope I'm wrong on that and they actually take care in that release, leaving the best work from those who made those songs, adding some Duff and Slash, Melissa, Frank, then appropriate, and then mixing and mastering it well, which is unlikely from what we have heard. 

I’ll choose to advocate for the Devil in this regards until proven otherwise. I don’t believe those songs exist in completed form. I do believe Axl spent some years trying to assemble tracks from old recordings of his, but I don’t believe it amounted on much. The reason we don’t have an album is because there isn’t an album to release. There’s all these 75% finished ideas that no one really knows what to do with. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Did I say the band has a great productivity? Nope. 

At some point I stopped believing anything they were saying with regards to new material. Sounds like they’ve done nothing and are just breadcrumbing. But do you 

2 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

I’ll choose to advocate for the Devil in this regards until proven otherwise. I don’t believe those songs exist in completed form. I do believe Axl spent some years trying to assemble tracks from old recordings of his, but I don’t believe it amounted on much. The reason we don’t have an album is because there isn’t an album to release. There’s all these 75% finished ideas that no one really knows what to do with. 

There isn't such a thing as "completed form". It is either released or unreleased. As we all know, CD could've been released in 2002 with a decent amount of tracks, it was in fact an album. The further changes were purely ideas from people with too much time on their hands to tweak it, but almost every recording part was done at that time. 

In the worst case scenario, which is illogical because we have plenty of evidence to prove this wrong, if Axl didn't record any new vocals in 20 years and the only unreleased material were those Village demos and The General, they would have at least 5 or 6 songs (Absurd and Hard Skool included) on their sleeves to release as singles with Slash and Duff parts. Still, only 2 songs were released. Which leads me to believe that the problem isn't the content itself, is just Axl's insecurity towards the release of a "new" song. 

In fact, that's why I think the band released Absurd first. More like an auto-sabotage move to prove a point that those songs were just thrown away tracks, no big deal, there's nothing much to talk about. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, timoteo said:

At some point I stopped believing anything they were saying with regards to new material. Sounds like they’ve done nothing and are just breadcrumbing. But do you 

Except that we know they have done sonething: Hardskool and Absurd. And then there is little reason to believe they are lying when they say they have done more. 

Edited by SoulMonster

42 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Except that we know they have done sonething: Hardskool and Absurd. And then there is little reason to believe they are lying when they say they have done more. 

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

we know that Axl said CD ll was completed a long time ago (with Bumble and Frank)

so that means completed vocals as well, if you choose to believe Axl and I don't believe he lied about it.

I hear you- I also agree with the belief that some deep psychological issues are holding things up at this point, but who knows?
You're right- all these folks say there's tons of material just ready to go, and yet... right? We'll see I guess.

I also have a theory. Personally the whole “axl is too insecure to release new music” sounds ridiculous. Psychological issues? Perhaps, maybe in way that he’s never satisfied, always working on things until that perfect tweak that makes everything right so it can be released.

But maybe it’s none of that and it’s all done waiting to be released but they’re just having a good laugh at all these theories and they just don’t want to stop the fun? 😜

Edited by svdv
Typo

10 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Liner notes are in obviously proving to be a real bitch on CD2

Written by Rose, Reed, Huge, Pitman, Finck, Carrol, Constanzo, Hudson, McKagan, Reese 😂

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1