The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

who decides when to release a song that was submitted to the label though? if the label/record company makes that decision, why would they wait to release it when there is no chance of it taking the world by storm/make money directly? the band is on tour, surely it would be more sensible to release it now.

I was under the impression Axl has the final say on when to release it but maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah. It could be that they don’t have the story straight. I can’t see the label holding onto new GNR singles unless they’re trying to get cooperation on how to promote them.

8 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah. It could be that they don’t have the story straight. I can’t see the label holding onto new GNR singles unless they’re trying to get cooperation on how to promote them.

yeah 1999 was a long time ago... why would they care enough to hold onto CD era tunes? from my point of view it doesn't seem like they have anything to gain from this approach but what do I know. Maybe they are owed another  album worth of material or some shit so they get to decide and for some reason that is beyond me they are choosing to wait.

my mind automatically thinks it's Axl that is the reason for not releasing new music in general so I might be too biased to even entertain the thought that it's someone else who is the reason for no release. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yeah 1999 was a long time ago... why would they care enough to hold onto CD era tunes? from my point of view it doesn't seem like they have anything to gain from this approach but what do I know. Maybe they are owed another  album worth of material or some shit so they get to decide and for some reason that is beyond me they are choosing to wait.

my mind automatically thinks it's Axl that is the reason for not releasing new music in general so I might be too biased to even entertain the thought it's someone else who is the reason for no release. 

You could be right. If they’re giving an honest account as to what they’ve been told it could have also been a typical dodge from management when asked about new music.

Edited by sofine11

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

You could be right. If they’re giving and honest account as to what they’ve been told it could have also been a typical dodge from management when asked about new music.

the Splat poster could be credible, it was, more or less, in the past from what I can gather, but something doesn't add up here, at least to me, so like you've said, could be that their source just chose to dodge the question or I've misunderstood what the insider poster meant.

Edited by Rovim

19 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Who is Sp1at and what has he done before to make him trustworthy?

Who is he?  I have my guesses.  If I knew the business better, I could tell you what I suspect he does.  He's careful or maybe just busy or has permission.  Doesn't come around often but when he does, I believe everything he puts out there.  I don't think he's part of the tight knit camp people, he's outside of that or, did or might be working with the band again.  I can't figure it out but he's on GNR's side.  

I'd like to meet him.  Have a few things explained about the last time we were in a similar situation.  I'm still dazed and confused.  :lol:  The whole trustworthy comes into play there.  Who does he work for and what's the mission?  I do trust him just there's more going on then meets the eye sort of thing.

Er, all my speculation, got no proof and it was a long time ago.

Just now, JimiRose said:

None of these sources or insiders are right, they all chat shit. hence it's mid july 2022 and there still hasn't been a new album since 2008. They just troll us. Time for all of us to accept the hard truths... PELE WAS RIGHT

we don't know what "the truth" is. Pele's opinions weren't the issue, it was his inability to discuss shit, he just kept repeating the single opinion he had.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

And honestly, the label allowed Axl to release Absurd. I highly doubt they’re holding more back just because.😆

I know I keep repeating some form of this question, but why would a label/UMG or whoever care what Axl releases? There is zero substantial money in it for anyone at this point. The money coming in is from the group's small but successful bunch of classic hits (licensing/streams/radio) and concert ticket sales/merch. 

Is there any reason why someone(s) outside the group would try to stop them from releasing anything?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

None of these sources or insiders are right, they all chat shit. hence it's mid july 2022 and there still hasn't been a new album since 2008. They just troll us. Time for all of us to accept the hard truths... PELE WAS RIGHT

Bingo

18 minutes ago, Rodzilla72 said:

I know I keep repeating some form of this question, but why would a label/UMG or whoever care what Axl releases? There is zero substantial money in it for anyone at this point. The money coming in is from the group's small but successful bunch of classic hits (licensing/streams/radio) and concert ticket sales/merch. 

Is there any reason why someone(s) outside the group would try to stop them from releasing anything?

Exactly. I imagine the label is just happy to pull in whatever they can with a digital release and call it a day. It doesn’t make much sense to sit on it.

Edited by sofine11

I’ve been following sp1at for years and he’s always been legit. I don’t think he’s talking about a record. I think he’s talking about the 2 songs Slash takes about earlier this year. It sounds like the tracks are ready to go. My guess it’s not the label that’s the issue 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I’ve been following sp1at for years and he’s always been legit. I don’t think he’s talking about a record. I think he’s talking about the 2 songs Slash takes about earlier this year. It sounds like the tracks are ready to go. My guess it’s not the label that’s the issue 😉

What's the last predictions of when the two songs Slash mentioned will see the light of day? 

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

What's the last predictions of when the two songs Slash mentioned will see the light of day? 

With regards to those tracks that were mentioned previously by Slash, I believe Axl got wind of Slash’s comments and the minor fallout from them in the GNR community. I believe that Axl will leverage those comments by using them as the new, new-material goalpost. 

No longer are we waiting on an album, there’s no album nor is there a promise of one. Instead, we are waiting on a couple of “new” singles which will validate Slash’s comments, bring Axl closure on the “new material” front and finally shut up the wretched super-fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If a band wants to release something they’ll find a way. You’re telling me Journey, Ozzy, RHCP, Tool, all these musicians find a way to release stuff, but magically when it comes to GNR they suddenly can’t? 

Slash and Duff clearly want to release music. I have a feeling there’s one sole reason we haven’t seen new music, and it’s the same reason we have gotten one new album in nearly 30 years. The label excuse is tired and bullshit.

I doubt they have anything ready 

it’s their way of promoting the live shows so you spend more

35 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

With regards to those tracks that were mentioned previously by Slash, I believe Axl got wind of Slash’s comments and the minor fallout from them in the GNR community. I believe that Axl will leverage those comments by using them as the new, new-material goalpost. 

No longer are we waiting on an album, there’s no album nor is there a promise of one. Instead, we are waiting on a couple of “new” singles which will validate Slash’s comments, bring Axl closure on the “new material” front and finally shut up the wretched super-fans. 

This bad went from having 3 albums worth of material to “maybe 2 songs” 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, timoteo said:

I doubt they have anything ready 

it’s their way of promoting the live shows so you spend more

This bad went from having 3 albums worth of material to “maybe 2 songs” 

Axl had 3 albums worth of unfinished material. How much of that material has complete vocals? 

5 hours ago, Rodzilla72 said:

Depends on who is paying for it and wants to put their time, money and resources down for it.  Did the release of two singles tell them anything about the release of more?  How well did their last album do with similar material?  Where do I make money on this band?

Some the reasons I would be looking at if my label was involved.  Why would I care what he releases now?  Don't quit playing what makes me money by injecting what doesn't make me money.

Edited by cineater