The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

15 hours ago, avahland said:

When you hear the proof it's not hoarded anymore.

So, then the answer is no. No one on this board has ever heard or claimed to have any? Cool. I’ll just assume any time someone mentions CD2 as being “out there”, they’re talking out their ass 👍🏻

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

So, then the answer is no. No one on this board has ever heard or claimed to have any? Cool. I’ll just assume any time someone mentions CD2 as being “out there”, they’re talking out their ass 👍🏻

The mythical CD2 may have just been a companion EP or LP with some track overlap from CD. The idea that it’s full of completely fresh tracks from the CD recording sessions I find more and more unlikely as time passes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, svdv said:

I also have a theory. Personally the whole “axl is too insecure to release new music” sounds ridiculous. Psychological issues? Perhaps, maybe in way that he’s never satisfied, always working on things until that perfect tweak that makes everything right so it can be released.

I'd buy that if the released songs were perfect in technical terms. That wasn't the case. There's plenty of edit fuckups, mixing and mastering issues and questionable decisions toward the arrangements (though this is very subjective). 

Before the reunion, I believe 100% that other struggles with the record company, the ongoing legal battle for whatever and the logistic of new releases would be the problem. Now, I doubt that any of that is really a problem, unless the record company is totally against the idea of Axl releasing CD-era stuff with Slash and Duff because of the underwhelming response after Absurd and Hard Skool, but I don't believe there is such a thing.

So yeah, IMO it's fear of having more negative responses, which translates to "too insecure". 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Certain people here like to imply they know that certain stuff exists and then not delve any further into what they're saying when asked about it. I agree it's just to be annoying at this point and I don't find it credible. 

• Like 4

On 4/18/2022 at 5:11 AM, Pele said:

Do you think Get In The Ring is cool too?

Do you get excited when the rap kicks in?

Do you chant along with the part that goes "I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice, PAIN!!!!"

Do your eyes bulge and your mouth froth as you scream PAIN!!! with so much passion, because it's just so cool?

Way to go down in flames...

• Haha 2

On 7/8/2022 at 10:45 AM, smokingarthur said:

The mythical CD2 may have just been a companion EP or LP with some track overlap from CD. The idea that it’s full of completely fresh tracks from the CD recording sessions I find more and more unlikely as time passes. 

It was the remix album plus hard school and absurd 

• ABSUЯD 1

11 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

New Sp1at update on Gnrevo: It's recorded, just waiting on the record company to release it. They never respond these days to queries, and have no idea what  songs have been done, just that it's re recorded CD era material, which is known anyway

I'd rather them release a full body of work rather than drip feed singles, that's just me being greedy though! Whether or not it happens, we'll just need to wait and see. I hope the above turns out to be legit.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dean said:

I'd rather them release a full body of work rather than drip feed singles, that's just me being greedy though! Whether or not it happens, we'll just need to wait and see. I hope the above turns out to be legit.

Is he suggesting an entire album has been turned over? 

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Is he suggesting an entire album has been turned over? 

I would assume so, going by the previous discussion on Evo. You can obviously pick it apart and say that it’d be a bit odd for a record company not to make the effort to liaise with the band if what has been said is true considering it’ll be the first album of original material with Slash and Duff in 31 years, but who knows? It could all be BS or could be legit.

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

He was responding to a thread asking about Slash's 1-2 songs comment.

Ahh, then scrap the above comment! That’s a bummer, but better than nothing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

New Sp1at update on Gnrevo: It's recorded, just waiting on the record company to release it. They never respond these days to queries, and have no idea what  songs have been done, just that it's re recorded CD era material, which is known anyway

Who is Sp1at and what has he done before to make him trustworthy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1