The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

31 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Maybe it's just nostalgia, assuming you're talking about the clip they used as the intro in 2006,but I get almost chills whenever I hear it. 2006 was my intro to GNR. I still thought that intro was their best I'd ever experienced live. That intro, Robin Jungle intro in darkness with some blue lights. All of a sudden Axl screams, spotlight turns on and he's already front and centre stage. 

That's it! I think it's a mix of the nostalgia and just how awesome the orchestral arrangement is. It sounds epic and foreboding. Would love to hear it as a completed song.

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

So - the sinister orchestral intro to the gigs in 06 are thought to be parts of The General?

Pretty sure it was confirmed on GNR's Twitter account. If i remember correctly, Axl also said way back when he did thsoe chats that we may have heard parts of The General somewhere... Additionally, if you listen closely to The General phone leak, you can hear the orchestral arrangement in the breakdown, after the solo part.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That's it! I think it's a mix of the nostalgia and just how awesome the orchestral arrangement is. It sounds epic and foreboding. Would love to hear it as a completed song.

Pretty sure it was confirmed on GNR's Twitter account. If i remember correctly, Axl also said way back when he did thsoe chats that we may have heard parts of The General somewhere... Additionally, if you listen closely to The General phone leak, you can hear the orchestral arrangement in the breakdown, after the solo part.

Cool - I’d heard that mentioned on here but wasn’t sure if true. Will need to have a listen out for that leak and listen again.

Absolutely mental it was played in a club….and all we got was that cellphone leak 🤣🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Cool - I’d heard that mentioned on here but wasn’t sure if true. Will need to have a listen out for that leak and listen again.

Absolutely mental it was played in a club….and all we got was that cellphone leak 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And there was even a semi-professional camera crew shooting some footage on that evening....but they missed The General or they hide it.
(That crew was from some kinda Vodka, fashion or Dance club)

23 minutes ago, avahland said:

And there was even a semi-professional camera crew shooting some footage on that evening....but they missed The General or they hide it.
(That crew was from some kinda Vodka, fashion or Dance club)

Crazy 🤣

58 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Well, I have not ever heard the general ever, I'm not asking for a link, only if there is a place where I could hear this instrumental partes!

On 6/24/2022 at 6:35 AM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Why the fuck can't he just finally fucking release The General and Soul Monster so that us Chinese diehards can move on with our fucking lives and forget this shitshow.

That's the thing. The waiting has been so pointless. In hindsight what harm would it have done to put this out as a download single at any point from 2010 till 14. Bumble always saud he thought they should have done a single release between each leg of those tours. 

• Like 1

If The General is what I think it is (a phone recording leak), then 2022 Axl will not be able to sing it live at all.

I remember piercing high pitched vocals on that one. Long time ago, so I might have remembered it differently.

But why release something you know you can't perform live anyways?

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

- Because as an artist you like to present you art 

- Because you want people to pay for your art 

- Because you don't have to play it live

Well I would hesitate if I were him too. It would be better to release something that's easier to sing live.

People will want you to play it live... and any attempt to do it, might wreck any ideas Axl once had about that song. A lot of this Chinese Era stuff is completely over the top. Which can be fun on a record, but playing it live is a nightmare.

For Slash as well lol (poor SOD solo).

Buckethead's influence on that stuff is quite large.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

It turned The Beatles into the GOAT.

Then again, I was watching Billie Eilish at Glastonbury last night and she basically mumbled a word every now and then over a backing track to receive five star reviews. You don’t even have to perform live these days. You just have to turn up.

She had lots of pyro to make up for the lack of thrilling music too…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

It turned The Beatles into the GOAT.

Then again, I was watching Billie Eilish at Glastonbury last night and she basically mumbled a word every now and then over a backing track to receive five star reviews. You don’t even have to perform live these days. You just have to turn up.

She had lots of pyro to make up for the lack of thrilling music too…

I really can't say anything about Billie Eilish, because that would mean I would have to listen to her and her music :lol:

Real musicians play live. I love bands like The Black Crowes, BlackBerry Smoke, but also Chris Stapleton. That guy can sing.

12 hours ago, Lethalis said:

If The General is what I think it is (a phone recording leak), then 2022 Axl will not be able to sing it live at all.

I remember piercing high pitched vocals on that one. Long time ago, so I might have remembered it differently.

Axl can barely pull off Hardskool live, so i would still hope The General gets released with original vocals. Besides, Melissa could provide backup vocals on those screaming parts we heard in the phone leak like she does in Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 7:45 PM, Shacklers Absolution said:

Or just release a new album and stop embarrassing themselves live

Maybe Myles Kennedy can join them on stage to help Axl :lol:

His Ides Of March album is not bad at all btw. And he can probably play that Street Of Dreams solo better than Slash :shrugs:

Edited by Lethalis

9 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Maybe Myles Kennedy can join them on stage to help Axl :lol:

His Ides Of March album is not bad at all btw. And he can probably play that Street Of Dreams solo better than Slash :shrugs:

I like the title track, and one or two other songs. Bought a copy for myself and my father. 

I agree with you on his guitar playing. I was impressed he played so well. I can only take his singing for a little while though. Like Sebastian Bach's album Angel Down, after spinning through it once or twice it goes back on the shelf for another few years until I want to hear Axl on those three tracks again. :D

On 6/25/2022 at 1:08 PM, Lethalis said:

I really can't say anything about Billie Eilish, because that would mean I would have to listen to her and her music :lol:

Real musicians play live. I love bands like The Black Crowes, BlackBerry Smoke, but also Chris Stapleton. That guy can sing.

we saw enuff znuff, la guns abd Tom Keifer last night.  They all sounded good.   Keifer has similar style as axl with the screaming etc.  He sounded  awesome, high energy, hardly any breaks, just song after song.  It was REALLY good.  

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So are we calling the classic "plans changed" on Slash saying new songs were coming for the Europe tour yet? Or we giving it a couple more shows? 

I have thought that they'd already have released something by now but you never know with these guys... when did they release Hard Skool. Wasn't it by the end of the leg?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So are we calling the classic "plans changed" on Slash saying new songs were coming for the Europe tour yet? Or we giving it a couple more shows? 

It is of course too early to conclude we won't hear anything new during the European leg, but I don't think anyone will fault you for believing we won't hear anything new, for this leg or the next :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No, it's not coming this summer. Surprisingly 😏

Edited by TheDemocracyRose
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just another push for the old goalposts, I'd say- people are already suggesting "something will happen in September for the SA tour" (extremely likely scenario, in my opinion)

On 6/10/2022 at 10:15 AM, Rodzilla72 said:

Because pushing back (or moving) the goalposts is what people expecting new music from this band do, sadly. 

Edited by Rodzilla72
  • Like 1