The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, bucketmaster101 said:

I wonder if we will look back on these times and say the journey was more interesting than the end result. 

I for one would certainly love to hear new (whether simply unheard or new-new) GNR material. But, as was the case with CD, the hype is probably just too big and it would never live up to the standards we expect. 

I'm not sure I'd class waiting for years and years for a fictional album as an 'interesting journey' personally! 

I'd have had a much better time if there had been music. 

5 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

I’d like to see all the quotes from the ‘band’ since ‘08 regarding plans for new music. That would be another 600 pages

It pains me to see all the shared optimism on page 1 dwindle down to a reality where our expectations were met, as this band set the bar so low that no longer are we even expecting an album, but we are all just waiting for another single to drop. 

16 hours ago, bucketmaster101 said:

I wonder if we will look back on these times and say the journey was more interesting than the end result. 

I for one would certainly love to hear new (whether simply unheard or new-new) GNR material. But, as was the case with CD, the hype is probably just too big and it would never live up to the standards we expect. 

No. In a lot of ways this wait is a lot worse than the wait for CD.

At least then something had been announced to wait for and the label would occasionally talk about it too. We don't really know if we should be bothering to hope for anything these days.

4 hours ago, Axl S said:

No. In a lot of ways this wait is a lot worse than the wait for CD.

At least then something had been announced to wait for and the label would occasionally talk about it too. We don't really know if we should be bothering to hope for anything these days.

This time Slash has talked about it. I think we should definitely bother to hope for new singles released...but never expect. 

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don’t believe Slash anymore since he lied, intentional or not, about new music coming out this June. He ranked himself as useful in interviews as Fortus, to my eyes.

June isn’t over yet, on top of which, that may have been the tentative plan until Axl put the kibosh on it. 

We are pretty sure they have at least a few more songs that are ready to go. The only thing holding them back is Axl.

I’d love to be a fly in the wall during those conversations between Slash, Duff & Axl regarding new music. I’m sure in those instances Axl’s bipolarity kicks in real quick…

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don’t believe Slash anymore since he lied, intentional or not, about new music coming out this June. He ranked himself as useful in interviews as Fortus, to my eyes.

Don't be silly. He didn't guarantee we would get new music in June. It was obviously tentative and around June. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't think Slash lied, the plans are probably not coming to fruition but he was honest in the intent behind what he said and I am sure he thought that is what would be happening

• Like 2

8 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

I’d love to be a fly in the wall during those conversations between Slash, Duff & Axl regarding new music. I’m sure in those instances Axl’s bipolarity kicks in real quick…

Slash and Duff have released tons of material since ‘93. Since this isn’t a real ‘band’, I wouldn’t be surprised if Slash and Duff didn’t give a shit. They collect a massive check and they’re happy. New music is a joke. Signs point to that considering the new music relEased has been CD leftovers. 

Edited by Trin9498
  • Like 2