The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

18 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don’t believe Slash anymore since he lied, intentional or not, about new music coming out this June. He ranked himself as useful in interviews as Fortus, to my eyes.

I don't think he lied. Think about it for a second. Why would he lie? All those years where Dizzy, Tommy or Richard spoke about stuff that didn't happen. Were they lying? Probably not, what motivation is there to lie in the middle of interviews about side projects? None really. Especially not for Tommy, Dizzy or Richard as they're fixed rate contract guys as far as we know.

I would wager that whenever any of these guys have said these things in the past that they believed what they were saying and the last they heard these were the plans.

If these things don't happen, I'd guess it's above their head at the Axl or TB level. Or maybe even further and involves more never-ending label disputes.

• Like 1

Slash is of course entirely aware of the danger of indicating a release date for GN'R music, he knows Axl better than any of use. That he then went as far as to suggest something could come out around June suggests things must have been pretty advanced at that time and that a release date in June was likely set internally. That it doesn't come to fruition shouldn't surprise anyone and definitely shouldn't cause frustration when even Slash himself wouldn't commit to a date or promise anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

do you really want another "absurd" or "hard shool" ?

I’m not expecting anything revolutionary and earth shattering from this band. But I would take anything I can get, doesn’t mean I’ll like the results. But anything is better than nothing. GNR forever living off a tiny catalog of songs is getting old. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Slash is of course entirely aware of the danger of indicating a release date for GN'R music, he knows Axl better than any of use. That he then went as far as to suggest something could come out around June suggests things must have been pretty advanced at that time and that a release date in June was likely set internally. That it doesn't come to fruition shouldn't surprise anyone and definitely shouldn't cause frustration when even Slash himself wouldn't commit to a date or promise anything.

I believe he felt that he had enough clout at that point based on what was discussed with Axl and TB previously that he was pretty confident that it might possibly maybe somehow probably occur. But it seems Axl likely had a change of heart, or the planetary alignment isn’t quite to his liking. 

• GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

do you really want another "absurd" or "hard shool" ?

Lol makes absolutely no difference to me. I think I’ve listened to Absurd like 3-4 times tops and Hard Skool definitely less than 10 times. Bad thing is the setlist would be better off with some CD deepcuts than with either of them, though.

5 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Lol makes absolutely no difference to me. I think I’ve listened to Absurd like 3-4 times tops and Hard Skool definitely less than 10 times. Bad thing is the setlist would be better off with some CD deepcuts than with either of them, though.

I agree, I wish I could have my $1.34 back for purchasing Absurd. I’d rather spend the money on .20 gallon of gas. 

It’ll be kinda funny when the next single ends up dropping and it’s a total Fuck You to us all. Rehashing OMG would serve that purpose. That’s why I’m thinking that’ll be the one. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, TheDemocracyRose said:

Last chance will be next week. Otherwise next target will be before the SA tour....

If nothing surfaces by the London shows then yeah it's done. All eyes on Rio at that point.

6 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Every time i hear the General instrumental i cry a little inside.

Maybe it's just nostalgia, assuming you're talking about the clip they used as the intro in 2006,but I get almost chills whenever I hear it. 2006 was my intro to GNR. I still thought that intro was their best I'd ever experienced live. That intro, Robin Jungle intro in darkness with some blue lights. All of a sudden Axl screams, spotlight turns on and he's already front and centre stage. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

18 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Maybe it's just nostalgia, assuming you're talking about the clip they used as the intro in 2006,but I get almost chills whenever I hear it. 2006 was my intro to GNR. I still thought that intro was their best I'd ever experienced live. That intro, Robin Jungle intro in darkness with some blue lights. All of a sudden Axl screams, spotlight turns on and he's already front and centre stage. 

So - the sinister orchestral intro to the gigs in 06 are thought to be parts of The General?