The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 6/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, JimiRose said:

Oh god we've gone back to the ridiculous myth that gnr arent releasing things because Axl is worried he cant sing it live anymore. I can just imagine axl sitting there now 'I've got the greatest song ever written in history ready to go, but Ill never release it, because i wont be able to pull it off in a live setting on peoples mobile phone recordings'

Just to clarify, no band in history has ever decided against releasing a song on an album or as a single because the lead singer is worried he wont sound perfect on it live. That's never happened and never will. 

But GnR is becoming retarded with their entire operation. U cannot treat your fans like crap and just say "working very seriously on it, vERy sOoN nEw MUsiC, UYI boxset THIS summer, CD2 2015, and then release such an inferior version of Härd Skööl and trying to trick people it is good. Slash and Frank destroyed that song, and if we get more songs, Slash and Frank will destroy those too.

8 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I’m now wondering if Slash said that “song or two in June” thing so that we would understand that when these things inevitably don’t materialize that it ain’t his fault. 

he said he imagined it will happen around june. You can understand from his wording that he didn't promise it will definitely happen  in june and that's sensible cause it's not really up to him, even if he knows more or less how Axl is going to approach it, he also knows like the rest of us that Axl is not reliable when it comes to "release dates" of even 1 song.

doesn't mean it won't happen, but carefully wording his statements about "new" music in interviews is the only way to go in his position imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

How about this? Since Slash said June, Maybe Slash should give an update again vs leaving that comment hanging out there?

but he didn't say it would be released in june, he said around the time of june and it wasn't a release date. Sounded like more of en educated guess to me. Any update would be welcomed of course. For example he could say maybe this year around july.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Probably not, but even, "Well, we didn't make it and now I am not sure what will happen," is better than silence.

can't hurt, sure. I suppose "didn't make it" depends on how you define "around june". Had Slash said "2 songs will be released in june" I probably would have felt that I needed an update now. I guess it's been a while since Slash talked about it.

I think a lot of music companies are still dealing with "supply chain issues". As an example, I ordered the Beatles 'Get Back' documentary on blu-ray all the way back in February. It was supposed to be released in April, but then I got an email stating that due to the problems in the supply chain (sounding like they were physically unable to manufacture the discs at that time), the release would be moved to July. No update yet, so I am assuming it will be sent to me sometime this month, but then again, there could be another delay.

It seems that the merchandise, especially the vinyl, for the "Hard Skool" release, was not available until just a month or two ago, despite being announced last fall. Perhaps there are supply chain issues in being able to properly put together the Illusion box set.

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

31 minutes ago, svdv said:

A volte questa band mi fa così arrabbiare che voglio metterli tutti in fila e schiaffeggiarli tutti in una volta. Quanto può essere difficile pubblicare nuova musica? Follemente facile. Se non vuoi, abbastanza giusto. Dillo solo allora lol

Do you think it's easy to make great music? And if they make you an album, because people like you always ask to make an album and this sucks, what will you say about it? When they were at the height of their inspiration they always gave priority to quality and not quantity. What good is an album with a good song or two just to shut the mouth of idiots like you? :fuckyou:

With things looking like the rest of the tour could be rescheduled (after the Scotland rescheduling), now would be a good time to release something to make up for it...

Of course it won't happen though, but it would sure be sweet!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Swedish said:

With things looking like the rest of the tour could be rescheduled (after the Scotland rescheduling), now would be a good time to release something to make up for it...

Of course it won't happen though, but it would sure be sweet!

Was just thinking the same thing 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

Yeah I'd rather want Slash to say:

"We are not really planning on releasing any new music right now", instead of this yearly shitshow we have to deal with............

At some point people need to realize they’re being lead on and call it a day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, timoteo said:

At some point people need to realize they’re being lead on and call it a day. 

They really did go to great lengths to "lead us on" then, I mean, all the trouble of writing all those songs, have Slash and Duff record on lots of them, even releasing two songs least year all part of this elaborate scheme of fooling us into believing they intend to release any more of the songs they have prepared. 

• Haha 1

Jeez, even if a new record isn't on the table in the nearest future, they could still be releasing tons of old videos, even if just on YT. But I guess there are "supply chain" issues or something, huh. Or Axl has in-ear monitor problems. But hey, he's cracking jokes. No, this band doesn't function normally, never has and never will, so please stop this apologetics, whoever. They could be doing heaps of other stuff beside releasing new music, but they just won't, that's the problem. And by these heaps I don't mean touring the greatest hits and jerking off to the point the singer can't fucking sing any longer. I mean, there's a clue right there...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4