The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

25 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I call bullshit. If they wanted to release something they would’ve, it’s not rocket science. Sick of GNR and their 10,000 excuses when it comes to new music.

This is not in regards to an album, this is likely the singles Slash was referring to. It could very well be true. But it’s exactly what we are expecting, nothing more nothing less. 

17 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

This is not in regards to an album, this is likely the singles Slash was referring to. It could very well be true. But it’s exactly what we are expecting, nothing more nothing less. 

It applies to the singles too. Every other band finds a way to release new stuff. It’s just more excuses. 

If they do anything else it'll be another one or two songs released the same way the last two were. Don't know why people are expecting an album. Seems obvious they're gonna be milking this as long as they possibly can.

15 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It applies to the singles too. Every other band finds a way to release new stuff. It’s just more excuses. 

I’m responding to the news of new material being finished. I do believe there are two complete tracks waiting for the go ahead. Unfortunately there probably aren’t many more than that. 

21 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Even if there is new stuff, 2022 is a dead year for new music because of the UYI box set. Can’t really see them doing both.

Every day that goes by in 2022 the less likely I believe a UYI box set comes out. 

I guess September 17, 2022 is the tell-tell sign. That would be the anniversary 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

New Sp1at update on Gnrevo: It's recorded, just waiting on the record company to release it. They never respond these days to queries, and have no idea what  songs have been done, just that it's re recorded CD era material, which is known anyway

So it's not actually GNR's fault that we don't have new music? It's the label's! :lol:

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

So you're saying that it's not actually GNR's fault that we don't have new music? It's the label's! :lol:

yeah I don't actually know a lot about these things, but not sure if Axl needs the record company's approval to release more new tunes. After all, Absurd was released. (which I like btw)

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

So it's not actually GNR's fault that we don't have new music? It's the label's! :lol:

It’s just more excuses in my opinion. Whoever told this “insider”, even it’s from a GNR camp, was probably just given the same old generic lies for why this band can’t materialize.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s just more excuses in my opinion. Whoever told this “insider”, even it’s from a GNR camp, was probably just given the same old generic lies for why this band can’t materialize.

Absolutely- as if a record company/label would care at this point if GnR decided to actually release new music- there's zero potential to make any real money off "new" music from them; the only big money is from touring their standard handful of classics peppered with new-ish covers and other excuses to hit the beer stand and/or bathroom.

The idea that a label is sat around not picking up GNR's calls is so fucking ludicrous it's embarrassing. 

I'm amazed that any so-called 'insider' has the nerve to peddle that one! It's pretty offensive to the intelligence of even the most gullible.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Even if there is new stuff, 2022 is a dead year for new music because of the UYI box set. Can’t really see them doing both.

There is absolutely no business type reason a boxset for UYI and a new album can't come out in the same year. End of the day both things do not impact each others success or failure, the same amount of each will still be sold or streamed. 

I will say that it's a pretty damning thing for GNR to have licensed several songs to movies since the reunion and not one of those is a new song. I think that shows where gnrs priorities are and where the industry views them too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

There is absolutely no business type reason a boxset for UYI and a new album can't come out in the same year. End of the day both things do not impact each others success or failure, the same amount of each will still be sold or streamed. 

I will say that it's a pretty damning thing for GNR to have licensed several songs to movies since the reunion and not one of those is a new song. I think that shows where gnrs priorities are and where the industry views them too.

jmo, but as far as releasing Gn'R material that would be accepted like the old shit commercially... well that window is maybe already closed but maybe Axl will release tunes from the cd era which some of the hardcore fans/fans that will stumble upon it will accept as a great addition to the catalog.

if Axl was interested in working on completely new shit with the current lineup, I believe that could have produced a good enough Guns album as well. Everyone except Frank is a songwriter/can come up with new instrumentals.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Because there’s  no money in new music. And how many writers/directors are sitting around going “gee, I’d really love a new Guns tune for this scene in my movie. I wrote this part specifically for it.” That ship along time ago. Remember when If The World was in Body of Lies?  When the movie was finished. At the end of the credits. Mainstream Guns N’ Roses is what sells.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The idea that a label is sat around not picking up GNR's calls is so fucking ludicrous it's embarrassing. 

I'm amazed that any so-called 'insider' has the nerve to peddle that one! It's pretty offensive to the intelligence of even the most gullible.

TBF - I think it’s well known Sp1at certainly would be one to pay attention to regarding ’sources’.

Maybe I AM gullible….but desperate times etc 🤣

52 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Because there’s  no money in new music. And how many writers/directors are sitting around going “gee, I’d really love a new Guns tune for this scene in my movie. I wrote this part specifically for it.” That ship along time ago. Remember when If The World was in Body of Lies?  When the movie was finished. At the end of the credits. Mainstream Guns N’ Roses is what sells.

Yeah... what's the problem with it being in the end credits? it's that they are putting something out there that is the important part. 

Of course the mainstream heavy hitters are the easy sell and what the majority of directors want, but if they came to gnr and said can we license one of your songs and GNR replied, how about we write a song for the movie... I highly doubt they'd shoot them down... unless the song stunk. When Soundgarden recorded live to rise for Avengers you were hardly expecting that, and people would have said their mainstream time had come and gone at that point... but they were on the tail of a big reunion and so they landed a new song on a huge movie, that song then appeared on their next album which helped promote things. What other old band just did a huge reunion and could have done something similar🤔

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

They didn't say that. They mean that whoever in the GnR camp they (sp1at) have connections with doesn't respond to queries.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

TBF - I think it’s well known Sp1at certainly would be one to pay attention to regarding ’sources’.

Maybe I AM gullible….but desperate times etc 🤣

You're not gullible.

But it's looking like we will remain in desperate times.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

They didn't say that. They mean that whoever in the GnR camp they (sp1at) have connections with doesn't respond to queries.

This. He said “songs” have been submitted to the label. And that’s all he knows as they (the band) are currently not responding to questions. Take it for what it is. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This. He said “songs” have been submitted to the label. And that’s all he knows as they (the band) are currently not responding to questions. Take it for what it is. 

who decides when to release a song that was submitted to the label though? if the label/record company makes that decision, why would they wait to release it when there is no chance of it taking the world by storm/make money directly? the band is on tour, surely it would be more sensible to release it now.

I was under the impression that Axl has the final say on when to release it but maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1