Is it the end of Guns n Roses?

DurhamGirl

With no end in sight of the pandemic, indeed in the UK schools open next week and then winter which could mean no concerts next year and no music  where do they go now, is it the end for Guns n Roses.

It would help if they were to make themselves more visible but they dont seem to want to do this.

Its a lot less the end than it was between 1993 to 2000 and whatever, they're actually together and touring now, this is like, a lot of life by GnR standards.  Leaks coming through, even an official animated video to an old unreleased song, this is like a green period by the lads standards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

You have been making so many random threads

Yes, @DurhamGirl should definitely spent some time on listening to all GNR albums for at least one time before she opens anymore pointless threads. 

No offense @DurhamGirl but its seems very strange to me that you haven’t even listened to GNRs little catalog for at least once (I think thats what you have posted a few days ago) but are posting like a maniac and suffering the end of the band ;-)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Look at it this way dearie, I' first got into this band in 1992, thats 18 years, in that time we've had one album of original material.  One sodding album. 

I hate to compound your pain, but it's worse than that - it's actually 28 years!

One album of original material in 28 years.

And some fans even refuse to refer to that one album as a GnR album. So, almost, no albums in years!

At least things can't get much worse. The only way is up!

If Guns cant 'figure out how to do stuff during a pandemic' and the pandemic goes into 2022 then yeah, theyd kinda be over. They should ask Lana Del Ray to explain how shes releasing an album in September.

Like cant we at least get an Opie AMA or anything?!?! 

Because while they have had periods without being in the public eye before, it wasnt when they were up an running as a touring band. Why'd they go dark for the pandemic with so many exciting new developments in music happening?

Susan and Mel bake a cake over Zoom? Anything!!! :lol:

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

If this Covid thing continues on into 2021-2022, the one upshot of no tours being allowed will be GNR being forced to admit that they are a non-existent entity beyond being a nostalgia touring band.

They'll not admit that. Fernando has some cups and toy cars to sell. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

Ha ha. Anyone remember 2003-2005? 
I surely do. 

1994 - 2001 was worse.

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

If this Covid thing continues on into 2021-2022, the one upshot of no tours being allowed will be GNR being forced to admit that they are a non-existent entity beyond being a nostalgia touring band.

LOL...  Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what they'll do...

1 minute ago, downzy said:

1994 - 2001 was worse.

LOL...  Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what they'll do...

Of course they won't say it in words, but it'll be fun to read Slash squirming in interviews in 2022 about why GNR still haven't managed to get a record out.

10 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Of course they won't say it in words, but it'll be fun to read Slash squirming in interviews in 2022 about why GNR still haven't managed to get a record out.

They don't and won't care.

Slash and others will simply say that's not their main priority; that they're having fun playing in front of thousands of fans who want to hear the music they know and love.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Look at it this way dearie, I' first got into this band in 1992, thats 18 years, in that time we've had one album of original material. 

That’s 28 years you thick cunt! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, downzy said:

1994 - 2001 was worse.

Yes and no, they were younger back then. In 1996 Axl told fans that we were going to have an album despite Slash departure. Sure, we waited 10 years but we got it. We also got RIR 2001, 2006 tour and a new band. But now we get bullshit cash grab stuff like vinyl Greates Hits, ridiculous merch and children books. We got AFD box set. Nobody was asking for any of this. Are they Kiss now? Axl has many issues with his voice. He is out shape. We may get a tour next year. So far all we get from them at the moment is politics. I have no problem with that at all. But that's the only thing. And I couldn't care less about Slash and Duff solo albums and tours.

New normal music business type things that I'd like to see from Guns, which would make them a real band include,

• Fortus and Slash video chatting about a single guitar related topic in a series of weekly chats. Topics like a legendary guitar they dig, famous players they admire, etc.
  • Dizzy and Melissa doing a similar thing about keys. But realistically maybe its a one off instead of a series. 
  • Duff and McBob, same thing again.
  • Frank - a produced featurette of his reflections on the previous drummers. Includes him with instructor working at the various styles. Talks gear too.
  • Mel, Dizzy and Duff -  A produced featurette about singing back up for Axl Rose.
  • Brain and Melissa - live stream of remix performance.
  • Duff and Tommy in "Punk as Fuck" the series. Chatting about the punk that fuels their playing in Guns.
  • Axls monthly playlist. Literally just a playlist once a month. No being on screen. No comments. Just release a "what Axls listening to" written playlist and throw it on socials. 
  • Axl gets into making memes. Basically an outlet for all the knock knock jokes that he cant whisper into Duffs ear.
  • Using the GNAir app to track Axls pizza inbound from Arnies from Indiana :awesomeface:
  • Roadie Reflections. For some its the first pause in action for decades. A produced featurette about the reflections on the road that down time has brought on.
  • Also, bring back Axls foot Dr for a chat :wub::lol:

And yes, I know none of this will happen. Im saying these are what I as a fan would expect from a real band during the pandemic. I would enjoy them. And these are all reasonable things that could be achieved if they cared.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yes and no, they were younger back then. In 1996 Axl told fans that we were going to have an album despite Slash departure. Sure, we waited 10 years but we got it. We also got RIR 2001, 2006 tour and a new band. But now we get bullshit cash grab stuff like vinyl Greates Hits, ridiculous merch and children books. We got AFD box set. Nobody was asking for any of this. Are they Kiss now? Axl has many issues with his voice. He is out shape. We may get a tour next year. So far all we get from them at the moment is politics. I have no problem with that at all. But that's the only thing. And I couldn't care less about Slash and Duff solo albums and tours.

If you followed the band daily between 1994 and 2001 (prior to RIR), there was literally nothing to get you excited save for Axl's mug shot, two interviews (one with RS and another with MTV), and one song released in demo form (Oh My God).  There were no tours, little to no news, not even an awareness of who was in the band.  All the while Axl was secretly tried to validate his choice of keeping the name despite being the lone original/classic member.  Few took you seriously if you tried to tell them you were still a huge GNR fan.  GNR was also considered a joke during the mid 90s to early 2000s.  It wasn't until the early to mid 2000s when a nostalgia for GNR emerged and it wasn't the worse thing in the world to admit you were a huge GNR fan.  

You can at least ignore GNR now if you choose to.  There were some great moments in the NITL tour; there have been more leaks; many enjoyed the AFD box set and the various SKUs; Axl crushed it with AC/DC.  For fans of the band from the classic era, it's still a marvellous thing to see Axl and Slash share the stage, even if we're four years on from the reunion tour.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Yes, @DurhamGirl should definitely spent some time on listening to all GNR albums for at least one time before she opens anymore pointless threads. 

No offense @DurhamGirl but its seems very strange to me that you haven’t even listened to GNRs little catalog for at least once (I think thats what you have posted a few days ago) but are posting like a maniac and suffering the end of the band ;-)

Thanks!  I shall stop posting so much, the reason I have been is that a) I am genuinly interested to hear what folk who have been around for a while say b) its been a bit quiet.

Edited by DurhamGirl

12 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

With no end in sight of the pandemic, indeed in the UK schools open next week and then winter which could mean no concerts next year and no music  where do they go now, is it the end for Guns n Roses.

It would help if they were to make themselves more visible but they dont seem to want to do this.

In England and Wales.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, downzy said:

If you followed the band daily between 1994 and 2001 (prior to RIR), there was literally nothing to get you excited save for Axl's mug shot, two interviews (one with RS and another with MTV), and one song released in demo form (Oh My God).  There were no tours, little to no news, not even an awareness of who was in the band.  All the while Axl was secretly tried to validate his choice of keeping the name despite being the lone original/classic member.  Few took you seriously if you tried to tell them you were still a huge GNR fan.  GNR was also considered a joke during the mid 90s to early 2000s.  It wasn't until the early to mid 2000s when a nostalgia for GNR emerged and it wasn't the worse thing in the world to admit you were a huge GNR fan.  

You can at least ignore GNR now if you choose to.  There were some great moments in the NITL tour; there have been more leaks; many enjoyed the AFD box set and the various SKUs; Axl crushed it with AC/DC.  For fans of the band from the classic era, it's still a marvellous thing to see Axl and Slash share the stage, even if we're four years on from the reunion tour.  

And all those things are happening now. But it is worst because they have lame ass managers. Axl can't sing. They are not getting any younger. There is not even an annoucement of any new album. They messed with people who have youtube accounts. Why? We have some leaks. But we have too keep it very secret and most of that it's just some few seconds of the songs. Having Slash and Duff back has changed very little the way the band operates. And this is a big disappointment for me personally. People enjoyed the box set. BUT NOBODY WAS ASKING FOR IT!!! The same way nobody is asking for children books and vinyl gratest hits. Don't ask me to thank them for this crap. To some degree it looks like they make fun of us. I don't even remember when was the last time Axl did an interview. AH! but his name is now a trademark :rolleyes:  What is the point of the official site, official social media and fan club? They charge fans a huge amount of money for backstage tour. And those fans don't even get to meet them just for 5 minutes for a picture or autograph.