09/26/21 - Baltimore, MD - Royal Farms Arena

alfierose

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

I watched Hard Skool live on YouTube and i must say its very good for the first time playing. We know that Axl is pure Micky Mouse but his performance was okay. The timing is good and he nailed the timing of the screams. Shadow Of Your Love was way out of rhythm when Axl sang it but this Hard Skool was okay. I love his Aay Aay during Slash solo

Maybe he will getting better and better singing Hard Skool

Shadow of your love way out of rhythem???? Are you sure you watched the right show? 😉 No problem with the timing at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

He sounded so winded. They should play it early on the set. Fuck they should open with it. But I'm sure he'll get better at it. 

I think someone said they were due to play it earlier in the set but Axl had to swap his IEM as there were issues?

24 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

Shadow of your love way out of rhythem???? Are you sure you watched the right show? 😉 No problem with the timing at all. 

I think the poster is refering to first time they did Shadow, which was out of rhythm.

As for Hard Skool: glad they finally played it and I think it was good enough for a first time. As others said: he's likely to get better, so I'm happy with this. Just a pity this leg is almost over and it will be a while before we see them again. This made me look forward more to Europe next year. I wonder if they'll add more dates. I still haven't decided on a show, as none are close to me and I have to look at what travel works best for me.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I think someone said they were due to play it earlier in the set but Axl had to swap his IEM as there were issues?

Axl said that before the song. 

He had his IEM swapped after Jungle. He had to finish the song without it. He literally ripped it off and threw it across the stage. 

There was a 2 minute or so hiatus after Jungle while they got the new one hooked up.

Edited by The Real McCoy

16 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Axl said that before the song. 

He had his IEM swapped after Jungle. He had to finish the song without it. He literally ripped it off and threw it across the stage. 

There was a 2 minute or so hiatus after Jungle while they got the new one hooked up.

👍

That setlist was pretty damn good! Something for everyone. Based on those videos of Hard Skool, I wish the band writes (or re-tools) songs that can be sung on a lower register. But still, it's cool that they are doing new songs. Also, the shows at this leg look really fun and the whole band seems to be really into it. Good time to be a Gn'R fan!

1 minute ago, GS67 said:

If you can get past the lady screaming and singing, this video doesn’t make AXL sound bad at all on the song. Tons better than the first video that was floating around 

https://www.facebook.com/Margott1

I think it's the quality of the cameras that can't pick up all the ranges and tones within Axl's voice, the human ear can do this better which is why Axl always sounds like the 80s during live gigs.

We're waiting on technology to catch up with Axl's vocals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, AtlasShrugged said:

I think it's the quality of the cameras that can't pick up all the ranges and tones within Axl's voice, the human ear can do this better which is why Axl always sounds like the 80s during live gigs.

We're waiting on technology to catch up with Axl's vocals.

I don’t have an issue at all with the clip on this lady’s profile