What is your GN'R 'holy grail'?

A holy grail in my book would be more specific than hoping for something to exist.  The holy grail aspect is something that has more proof of existence.  Briefly thinking about it, I'll label it categories of things that have been partially released that would be great if there was more of the same, something talked about for release but never happened, or briefly available but pulled.

Partially been released but want more - more of the material used for Live Era 87 - 93.  Maybe a volume two with separate AFD and UYI era release.

Something talked about but never came to fruition - Perfect Crime documentary with highlights from various spots (to capture everything you could possibly want).  

Briefly available but pulled - I never heard about a South American tour documentary but I do remember Estranged from the first Nu-GNR performance was posted on the official website.  More of that!

On 12/22/2020 at 1:44 PM, Legendador said:

NUMBER ONE

A official high-quality reworked version of "Crash Diet"

NUMBER TWO

MTV recorded 3 concerts of the band in Brazil in 1992 (2 in São Paulo and 1 in Rio de Janeiro) and I'd love to see that

NUMBER THREE

The "Perfect Crime" documentary

Did MTV ever air those concerts? Also, I know that there's tons of footage filmed during the UYI tour.

Presumably some of it would be for the Perfect Crime doc but was the documentary ever completed?

I know it's unlikely but as someone else said a Last Dance style documentary with this footage would be awesome.

Have current interviews with that version of the band spliced with footage and UYI era interviews. Hand Axl an iPad like they did with Michael Jordan.

13 minutes ago, mystery said:

I know it's unlikely but as someone else said a Last Dance style documentary with this footage would be awesome.

At this point, I hope the band doesn't release the Perfect Crime documentary or include it in a box set or anything... I hope they sell the footage to Netflix so they can make a proper documentary series out of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

At this point, I hope the band doesn't release the Perfect Crime documentary or include it in a box set or anything... I hope they sell the footage to Netflix so they can make a proper documentary series out of it.

A current documentary with the benefit of hindsight and wisdom of the band would be better anyway. Even picking a narrator and going through the tour with events and important shows highlighted would be good.

Just songs. Completed songs. Preferably on CD because I'm a collector.

I'd be interested in any GN'R related content but no footage whether it's from the Appetite/Illusion tour or even The Perfect Crime documentary would surpass what made me fell in love with this band in the first place - THE MUSIC. Everything else comes second.

Edited by Sisyphus

Perfect Crime Documentary boxset with additional discs of full shows like Inglewood 4 hour show from 1991 and one rare skin n bones tour from 1993 maybe milton keynes which had Izzy and Ronnie Wood! a 4rth discs could be extras like making fn videos and maybe some tracks from the UYI south american tour in 1992 which was wild and insane! 

I would like to see a real movie with a great production, no low budget bull shit. Like NWA did, or Queen.

A movie either about the making of AFD or, even better, about the years 85-93 with the last argentinia show as ending. The movie should include the scene where Axl jumps out of Slash's car as well as the scene where Slash is chasing by these little Predators while he was running, naked and covered in blood, across the golf course. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

For me personally? An insight into the rawness of production and Buckethead wearing an alternative mask is kinda cool

I actually prefer the mask he wore for rehearsals. I said it in another thread; the Gilby performance from 2000. The true return of Axl.

I wonder if the venue recorded it? There's actually video on YouTube of Gilbys band 2 months after this. Probably in case Axl or anyone else famous showed up.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:36 AM, GNRfanMILO said:

The Perfect Crime documentary

The 2010 SA Tour documentary

Every single CD era song that has Axl in it

Proshots from 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2010 (The Joint, Hong Kong, Hammerstein and Bucharest are some examples)

Houston / Dodgers 2016 proshots. Another option could be a NITL best-of proshot with the list made by people from this forum

AFD 1999

The VMA 2002 rehearsal (doubted about including it, but it’s one of those that I’m really curious to check out)

One of the 1991 theater shows that were shot on film, those would allow an Eagle Rock remasterization

YCBM demo with Steven

Home videos about the making of CD (don’t know if they exist)

An Axl autobiography from 1994 to 2016

Axl' autobiography in that era is a pretty cool thought.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, jamillos said:

4r62xw.jpg

It's baz's fault.

For me, it would be AFD 99, 1994-97 sessions (some of them are actually snakepit demos I believe!). Especially, back and forth again demo from Axl singing. We have that snippet only!
Also, Athens 1993 live (mtv pro-shot). I can settle that with a time-machine (only 3 hours limit and I'm ok) back then.
Even a footage with Axl singing dead flowers with Gilby in 2000 would be cool.

Edited by Steel

18 hours ago, Steel said:

It's baz's fault.

For me, it would be AFD 99, 1994-97 sessions (some of them are actually snakepit demos I believe!). Especially, back and forth again demo from Axl singing. We have that snippet only!
Also, Athens 1993 live (mtv pro-shot). I can settle that with a time-machine (only 3 hours limit and I'm ok) back then.
Even a footage with Axl singing dead flowers with Gilby in 2000 would be cool.

what snippet???

On 12/23/2020 at 10:13 PM, mystery said:

Did MTV ever air those concerts? Also, I know that there's tons of footage filmed during the UYI tour.

Presumably some of it would be for the Perfect Crime doc but was the documentary ever completed?

Have current interviews with that version of the band spliced with footage and UYI era interviews. Hand Axl an iPad like they did with Michael Jordan.

They never aired the Brazilian concerts!

We have some bits and pieces from a local TV station that filmed the concert from the parking lot:

MTV Special in São Paulo