Live Era Vinyl - YouTube video

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My latest YouTube video is out. Posting this in D&N because I'm showcasing the rare pressing of Live Era this time. 

Likes, comments and subscriptions always welcome :)

https://youtu.be/eVwmkmdpWF0

What, no contest where you’re giving it away 😂 Live Era is the only GnR vinyl that I want but don’t have and there’s no way I’m paying the current market rates. 

7 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

What, no contest where you’re giving it away 😂 Live Era is the only GnR vinyl that I want but don’t have and there’s no way I’m paying the current market rates. 

Haha, we're gonna run giveaways soon but not for THAT particular album lol. 

And yeah, I wouldn't pay current market prices either. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nice video. I wonder what the rarest official GNR vinyl actually is? If it's not Live Era, I would think either LLAS or maybe the CD/Shackler's 7" (can't imagine many copies of that were pressed.)

Thanks man. I have the CD / Shacklers 7" so maybe I'll include that in a video in the future. I used to have an original LLAS but now I have the L&L repress, which is fine with me. 

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks man. I have the CD / Shacklers 7" so maybe I'll include that in a video in the future. I used to have an original LLAS but now I have the L&L repress, which is fine with me. 

I have Lies so I've never bothered with a copy of LLAS :lol:

And like you, I wouldn't own Live Era on vinyl if I hadn't been able to get a great deal on it. Agree with You're Crazy being one of the best tracks, surprised you didn't mention Coma though (that's just a soundboard rip if I remember correctly?)

• Like 1

Good stuff! I bought my vinyl back when it was released just so I could listen to Coma (the Japanese CD import was more expensive at the time)

That album is def not something I bring out for a listen. It’s more of a collection piece than anything now and it’s stored correctly. Maybe I should have bought more! They were around $30 on Amazon back then

I get that the price point for a Live Era reissue may be a bit much. Doesn’t explain why they haven’t done TSI though. Not that anything can be explained with this band 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

And like you, I wouldn't own Live Era on vinyl if I hadn't been able to get a great deal on it. Agree with You're Crazy being one of the best tracks, surprised you didn't mention Coma though (that's just a soundboard rip if I remember correctly?)

Yeah I could've mentioned Coma but I don't really like the quality on it so it always slips my mind lol

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

Good stuff! I bought my vinyl back when it was released just so I could listen to Coma (the Japanese CD import was more expensive at the time)

That album is def not something I bring out for a listen. It’s more of a collection piece than anything now and it’s stored correctly. Maybe I should have bought more! They were around $30 on Amazon back then

I get that the price point for a Live Era reissue may be a bit much. Doesn’t explain why they haven’t done TSI though. Not that anything can be explained with this band 

They could do a Live Era reissue for $100 or so, but they won't. Same reason you said with Spaghetti: nothing with this band makes sense lol

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah I could've mentioned Coma but I don't really like the quality on it so it always slips my mind lol

It does sound weirdly out of place but it's also a raw representation of how good the band was, like You're Crazy, so it's one of my favourites.

I assume if there's ever gonna be a reissue of TSI? it would almost definitely be included in the UYI box set.

• Wow 1

My brother has all the GNR records on vinyl. Since he's moved out they are my mother's now. lol She would like to somehow put all the vinyls around the livingroom. She has to figure out if she wants to frame them or get shelves. Not sure yet.

We've never played the albums, but I'll take your word on how they sound.

I do play the live cd in my car alot. 

Was glad after a while GNR slowed down You're crazy. Much better than the AFD fast version.

From what I could see Russ you have one hell of a collection of albums.

My mom has many vinyls from the 80's "pop metal" bands. Her brother still has tons of albums from the 60;'s and 70's too.

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

For anyone interested, here's a tour of my whole vinyl / music area. More than a few forum members have hung out here as well as a former member of GN'R :)

I know you're not a shop... so is it just a room in your house that grew from a growing vinyl collection?! Impressive either way.

3 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I know you're not a shop... so is it just a room in your house that grew from a growing vinyl collection?! Impressive either way.

Yeah, it's my basement. When we first moved in, the vinyl took up a very small corner of the room but it continues to grow so more and more of the whole area keeps getting converted to everything about music. 

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but one former member of GN'R has hung out there with us many times. If you watch the first video on my channel and look in the comments, you'll see who it is :)

We've had many forum members over too including @Ottofrom Brazil. I've also had @downzy @ZoSoRose @Powerage5 @Wagszilla and many other forum members over to check it out. 

Still hoping to get @highvoltage@gunsguy and others to come check it out someday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

For anyone interested, here's a tour of my whole vinyl / music area. More than a few forum members have hung out here as well as a former member of GN'R :)

Watched this a half hour after the ball dropped on New Years.  Terrific run down and learned a few things. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 10:23 AM, downzy said:

Watched this a half hour after the ball dropped on New Years.  Terrific run down and learned a few things. 

Thanks man. I appreciate you watching and the feedback. I'm hoping a lot of people like the wide variety of videos we've got coming :)

On 12/31/2020 at 7:21 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Nice video. I wonder what the rarest official GNR vinyl actually is? If it's not Live Era, I would think either LLAS or maybe the CD/Shackler's 7" (can't imagine many copies of that were pressed.)

On 12/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, RussTCB said:

Back in the late 90’s I had a chance to get LLAS for £80 from a record shop. Back then it would have been a major investment and I decided against it. A few days later I decided to get it but it had gone.....😭. I shouldn’t have hesitated but there you go. When I see it’s worth about £300 now I do laugh. 😂

I have that CD/Shacklers 7” actually....just assumed that there would be a few of them floating about seeing as they were getting handed out with preorders at HMV in UK?

52 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Back in the late 90’s I had a chance to get LLAS for £80 from a record shop. Back then it would have been a major investment and I decided against it. A few days later I decided to get it but it had gone.....😭. I shouldn’t have hesitated but there you go. When I see it’s worth about £300 now I do laugh. 😂

I have that CD/Shacklers 7” actually....just assumed that there would be a few of them floating about seeing as they were getting handed out with preorders at HMV in UK?

I honestly have no clue how rare the CD / Shacklers 7" is. I bought it years ago for a good price and I only ever listened to it because the US pressing of the album sucks so much. Now that I finally have the Euro pressing of the album, I'll probably never bust out the 7" again. 

I just shot a ton more YouTube videos the other day but I may do one of the US  & Euro pressings of the album in the future. If I do, I'll include some info on the 7" too 

On 12/31/2020 at 3:40 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Dust N' Bones, Paradise City, You're Crazy, seem to shine on the record. The playing seems to be great, and I don't realllly mind overdubbed vocals.. but not 7 years later when it's really noticeable.