06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

I don't care what they soundcheck or play tonight because for the first show of the tour I'd expect it to be by the numbers. 

Just curious about what's on the list under alts and if anyone can get a photo of it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

What exactly would make you satisfied?

1st of all, change the order of the set at least a little bit each show. Open the show with different songs, close the main set with different songs, etc. Just don’t play the more or less same order for now almost seven years. Make it less predictable

Then drop songs that Axl can’t do justice anymore. Better being the most obvious one, but also YCBM and maybe even RQ. SCOM, PC and NR don’t sound good as well, but the will never drop them and I understand why.

Add songs that are easy for Axl to sing and they didn’t play before (I listed them in my previous post). 

Play less covers. I like their version of Wichita, but I don’t think it should be a staple in a GNR show. BHS needs to stay out of the set for the rest of GNR shows.

Cut the solos/jams. Play a 6 minute long KOHD, play a 6 minute long RQ, cut slash’s solo to 5 minutes max.

And as you mentioned, change the order of the second half of the set. Playing SCOM, NR, Patience, Wichita and KOHD in a row just kills the buzz. 

Sorry, i didn’t want to derail this thread into a setlist discussion, but I think each of those aspects would make a GNR show more interesting

then again this is also just my personal opinion ofc. I can see why people (especially more casual fans that don’t follow all the shows) are happy with the show and the songs they play 

Edited by SAU3R

According to Setlist, the band hadn't played the hard-rock cut since April 12, 2014. Slash and McKagan last played the song with Guns N' Roses during the Jan. 17, 1993, show at the Estadio River Plate in Buenos Aires, the final night of their Use Your Illusion tour. (They exited the group before the next show.)

Read More: Watch Guns N' Roses Play 'You're Crazy' for First Time in Years | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-youre-crazy-2020/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

1 minute ago, rebeldhipi said:

Is that so? 

Must be a show with Sebastan Bach.

It was Greensboro 2006. Sebastian joined them for My Michelle, but not You're Crazy.

11.02.06 - Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC
opening acts: Sebastian Bach, Papa Roach
attendance: 23,500
set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Better, Sweet Child O' Mine, You Could Be Mine, Piano Solo [Dizzy], The Blues, Jam, Robin & Richard guitar duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, I.R.S., Jam, November Rain, Guitar Solo (Don't Cry) [Bumblefoot], Rocket Queen, Madagascar, My Michelle [w/ Sebastian Bach], You're Crazy, Patience, Nightrain
encore: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City
notes: This show was originally scheduled for 10.31.06, but was moved due to a change in the tour's routing. The show started at approx. 11:30pm and ends around 2am. The band performs the electric version of 'You're Crazy.'

I don't know if I'm confident in Axl's abilities for SOD these days (that first high note in the first verse that he holds forever sounds like a bitch at the best of times), but I would absolutely love for them to add it today. Since I first heard it, especially that outro solo on any studio version, I always thought it had a classic GNR sound to it and would have loved to hear Slash's take on it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Beat me to it. 

They actually played it at MSG in 06 as well. 

Are you sure it was appetite fast?

Not closer to the 2021 version electrick but midtempo?

I have to check my boots when i get home.

Btw first opener was good. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

So they've soundchecked Reckless Life, You're Crazy AFD, Hardschool, TWAT, Back In Black... Locomotive at Daytona... Street Of Dreams is at least an alt... and they're still probably gonna play a standard 2021 show. :popcorn:

I think we will see at least Reckless Life and/or Back in Black tonight as they've soundchecked them two times.

• Like 2