06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

I really really hope they completely mix it up tonight. It would be really cool to see Reckless Life, PTU, SOD, Locomotive, Hardschool and things like that. 

Based on experience though, I can easily see a NITL set with a small addition.

On 5/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, Gavin82 said:

To get there its train the train St is a short walk from the venue or get a taxi.

As you leave there in 2016 when DC played  you had to 2 cross a bridge and there was like a bus St with an entire fleet of buses waiting if this is run the same way as I expect once you get over the bridge its easy enough there was loads of people to ask for which bus.

I don't think there is a train after the show because I remember the walk way leading to the train station was blocked off but this was 2016

Also those who are going I'd not want to be front stage as the concert ends from what I remember there was 1 way in 1 way out.

It absolutely pissed it down it was like I had just swam in the sea 

The main door is close, there is another open, you have to go by walk for 10 min more or less. There is a train till 1.30 that goes to Lisbon city

Half hour from half hour from 00.00 to 1.30.

Edited by kleber

Looking at the songs they play at soundcheck, my hopes for a reshuffled setlist are gone at this point already. We might get a couple of rare tracks (TWAT) and SOD at best, but apart from that it’s probably gonna be the same core setlist we have since 2016… even Wichita and The Seeker are still in there, Better apparently still hasn’t been dropped. I’d love to be wrong, but anything else than ISE, Brownstone, CD… would be a huge surprise tonight 

10 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Looking at the songs they play at soundcheck, my hopes for a reshuffled setlist are gone at this point already. We might get a couple of rare tracks (TWAT) and SOD at best, but apart from that it’s probably gonna be the same core setlist we have since 2016… even Wichita and The Seeker are still in there, Better apparently still hasn’t been dropped. I’d love to be wrong, but anything else than ISE, Brownstone, CD… would be a huge surprise tonight 

They don't have that many songs to choose from. Especially if they play for +3 hours.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they keep releasing EP's over the next few years, studio versions of covers would be cool as b-sides. Wichita, The Seeker, I Wanna Be Your Dog...

3 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Same

Yep. I know many won’t like it but if it’s a song the band likes enough to play live regularly then add it to an EP….easy win!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drlaban said:

They don't have that many songs to choose from. Especially if they play for +3 hours.

Keep my michelle and otgm as staples. Drop a few covers like Seeker. Rotate few CD songs that this lineup haven't played. Throw in old UYI songs they haven't done since 92, 93 and add 2 New songs. I'm sure that no one would complain about that.

6 minutes ago, drlaban said:

For me it’s not so much about the songs, it’s more about the order. Just make it a little less predictable 

and while their back catalogue isn’t that big, there still are some obvious cuts they could (and should!) play: Pretty Tied Up, Bad Obsession, Down on the Farm, YATF etc.. and they don’t have to play for 3+ hours. I guess most people would go home happy after a straight 2h15min set without extended solos, obscure covers and so on 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

What exactly would make you satisfied?

I’m also kind of bored with this band (although I’m still going to see them in 2 weeks) but if the setlist includes SOD, Hard Skool, Reckless Life, Absurd, You’re Crazy, SOYL and some Chinese songs like TWAT or Maddy then I don’t really have anything to bitch about and I don’t think anyone in 2016 would imagine they would play these songs.

And you brought up The Seeker - well, they played it since like 2011? It seems like Axl just loves performing this song.

Only thing I’d like to see them changing is this part when they play long slow songs one after another (NR, KOHD etc.) to make the show more dynamic.

• Like 2