06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

I'm certain there'll be new music... When Axl goes offstage and Duff does a Max Creeps song :lol:

Seriously though, you guys are setting yourselves up for failure. Failure that many of us have witnessed way too many times before. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

yep im in london, when its that temperature here we all get naked and go and sunbathe in local parks

I'm uk based aswell and once it gets to 21 everyone starts complaining it's too hot and we shouldn't be working. Another phrase constantly uttered in those temperatures is "beer garden?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

How hot is it down there? Axl is wearing a jacket and a scarf. Fashion > comfort 

To be fair it's a pretty windy venue by the river. And for Portugal standards it's kinda cold for this time of the year.

Last week was hot af but Axl always brings bad weather with him when he's performing over here 😂 Hopping not to get the Axl/DC storm again :nervous:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

When did slash say there would be a new song in June? Must’ve missed that.

EDIT: this?: https://98kupd.com/slash-teases-arrival-of-new-guns-n-roses-music-by-june/

Yes. Here is the interview (published last February):

Interviewer: I know there was a time when, you know, GN’R fans thought they'd never see you guys on stage together and I just wanted to get what it's like being… kind of like these last five years of being back together.

Slash: It's been great, man. We got back together and it was really, sort of like, one of those huge question marks, and it was only to do the Coachella Festivals, really. And it just snowballed into this tour that's really been sort of going ever since then. But we've had a blast doing it and I’m really happy that, finally, after all those years of, like, negativity and whatnot, we got past all that, and managed to get back together, and go out and play. So, yeah, there is new material coming - I know everybody's always asking. I would imagine there'll be one or two songs that come out around the time that we hit the road in June.

• Thanks 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

12 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

It's so non-commital that I wouldn't be reading too much into it.

Time passes and it becomes 'New song in June' but he literally says 'I imagine' and 'around the time'. They're not definites by any means. It stands to reason that we'll see something at some point this month but it wouldn't be a surprise if they just didn't, either. Think the best policy is enjoy the shows and be pleasantly surprised.

Well as a GNR fan, if you want to stay sane, you gotta prepare for the worst and kinda be able to imagine the... good. Something like that. 

19 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

good catch, sounds like

I just put 'ain'tgoindown' into the url of GNR's Linkfire account (where they previously uploaded Absurd and Hardskool) and there is no 404 (similar happened with HardSkool before release). But putting in 'aintgoindown' (or any other title except the aforementioned Absurd/Hardskool and now 'Ain't Goin Down') does return a 404. Check it out:

Correct link with no 404: https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/ain'tgoindown

Link which returns a 404: https://gunsnroses.lnk.to/aintgoindown

False alarm - see below.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I just put 'ain'tgoindown' into the url of GNR's Linkfire account (where they previously uploaded Absurd and Hardskool) and there is no 404. But putting in 'aintgoindown' (or any other title except the aforementioned Absurd/Hardskool and now 'Ain't Goin Down' does return a 404).Check it out:

I don’t think this means anything. It redirects you to a generic Linkfire page instead of one with a GNR logo and blank links. If you put an apostrophe in the middle of ANY Linkfire link it redirects you to the main page.

1 minute ago, LlamaRenegade said:

I don’t think this means anything. It redirects you to a generic Linkfire page instead of one with a GNR logo and blank links. If you put an apostrophe in the middle of ANY Linkfire link it redirects you to the main page.

Good point. Does anyone remember where the Hardskool page directed people to before they made it active? Was it a dedicated page?

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

3 minutes ago, LlamaRenegade said:

I just put a random apostrophe into the middle of 'down' and you're right. False alarm lol. Sorry all.

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Good point. Does anyone remember where the Hardskool page directed people to before they made it active?

I seem to remember the layout being the same as it is now, but with a GNR logo instead of the Hard Skool artwork. The links to streaming services simply led to their artist pages instead of the song itself.

Edit: After the link was made active but before the song was released, I mean.

Edited by LlamaRenegade

There is a possibility of them playing Aint Going Down and even releasing it as they did with SOY but I dont think it counts as a "new" song, Slash said they were working on old chinese material. Maybe when he said one or TWO releases around the time touring starts meant 1 CD song and Aint Going Down No More.

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I just put 'ain'tgoindown' into the url of GNR's Linkfire account (where they previously uploaded Absurd and Hardskool) and there is no 404 (similar happened with HardSkool before release). But putting in 'aintgoindown' (or any other title except the aforementioned Absurd/Hardskool and now 'Ain't Goin Down') does return a 404. Check it out:

False alarm - see below.

You’re forgetting that Ain’t Goin Down technically was already officially released on the AFD box set in 2018 (albeit in instrumental form).

4 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Seriously though, you guys are setting yourselves up for failure. Failure that many of us have witnessed way too many times before. 

But it's one the charms of being a masochistic Guns N' Roses fan... :book:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Rumor has it both Izzy and Steven were seen on flights heading to Lisbon and the new album will come out June 31. Angus will officially join Guns N' Roses as a full time member for this tour to bring back the 3-guitar thing and play the Chinese Democracy songs the proper way (but he will also play some AC/DC songs with the boys). Whether or not Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will join GNR to play a few Stones songs at this show remains uncertain. However, Paul McCartney likely once was in Lisbon, so there is a chance of him joining GNR for an extended reggae version of "Live And Let Die". However, the leaked setlist is believed to be just for soundcheck. They will likely perform their entire discography and have both Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin as secret openers. Axl was recently seen doing cardio workouts with Arnold Schwarzenegger who will take over lead vocals for "You Could Be Mine" (acoustic version, Axl will be playing banjo for this one).

My source told me the album release is on june 32...

• Haha 1