06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

2 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeWwUrIlKrV/?hl=en

most of TWAT from last night

Jeezo - that sounds chronic! 🤣 I guess the point of soundcheck is to see how it goes and how to approach it vocally….this isn’t good. Either sing lower or can the song.

Axl does that often….sings songs in the higher register that would some more comfortable and just plain better if he sang ‘lower’.

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Jeezo - that sounds chronic! 🤣 I guess the point of soundcheck is to see how it goes and how to approach it vocally….this isn’t good. Either sing lower or can the song.

Axl does that often….sings songs in the higher register that would some more comfortable and just plain better if he sang ‘lower’.

Thankfully he started singing the chorus of Better lower on the last tour.

17 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yes I dont know why he's so stubborn and keeps struggling in the higher register when it's clear that he cannot hit those notes anymore.

It would've been awesome to hear Reckless Life, Back In Black, Locomotive and TWAT (more regularly) back in 2016, but now... he just sounds bad on these soundcheck videos. There's no reason for him to embarrass himself singing those during a concert. I'm afraid to hear how bad SOD will be.

I swear he read the positive comments about the Pretty Tied Up and Think About You 2020 recordings and went "well, now I'm not going to sing those."

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It would've been awesome to hear Reckless Life, Back In Black, Locomotive and TWAT (more regularly) back in 2016, but now... he just sounds bad on these soundcheck videos. There's no reason for him to embarrass himself singing those during a concert. I'm afraid to hear how bad SOD will be.

I swear he read the positive comments about the Pretty Tied Up and Think About You 2020 recordings and went "well, now I'm not going to sing those."

I am excited to hear them nontheless, sure him sounding good would be a bonus but at this point we have to appreciate what we have

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alexmee239 said:

I am excited to hear them nontheless, sure him sounding good would be a bonus but at this point we have to appreciate what we have

Yea, I realize people are still excited to hear them and I'd like to be more positive about Axl. But at this point I'd rather hear a strong performance of an 'ok' song like Down On The Farm or You Ain't The First, than hear a bad performance of a great song like Locomotive or TWAT.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Please do not post YouTube videos unless they are official. Unofficial videos risk getting their channel blocked. 

This rule is not our choice but we have to enforce it :no:

ok, sorry

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

I'm sorry,and i know its a cellphone yada yada, but he sounds pretty bad.

I think he sounds about as good as ever does on this song outside of 06 or 2010. I think if he's half way capable of doing this song then it bodes well for a semi prepared Axl hitting the stage in Lisbon. I cannot see the Axl of last years WF'NBack tour managing this song before the first gig of the tour. 

Anyway, point is no it doesn't match the studio version but this is A) a soundcheck, so he isn't going to go hell for leather B) the first performance in 6 months besides rehearsal.

Expectations should be reasonable though! he struggled on this song when he was in his mid 40s

• Like 3