06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

Do we actually have ears on Axl singing on Reckless? This would be far from the first time they soundchecked an incredible setlist addition that Axl never sang on and never made it into the set. Looking at you, heavier update of Oh My God.

5 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Do we actually have ears on Axl singing on Reckless? This would be far from the first time they soundchecked an incredible setlist addition that Axl never sang on and never made it into the set. Looking at you, heavier update of Oh My God.

Yeah, there's clips of him singing it at soundcheck.

• Like 1

I guess I never thought of it, but Axl still sounds really good on those really old songs. SOYL last year, Reckless Life in that clip. I guess they are cleaner vocals originally than say the AFD and UYI tunes, but he can still pull then off pretty damn good. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I guess I never thought of it, but Axl still sounds really good on those really old songs. SOYL last year, Reckless Life in that clip. I guess they are cleaner vocals originally than say the AFD and UYI tunes, but he can still pull then off pretty damn good. 

His original voice was clean. The rasp was added as the years went on. Go back and listen to Anything Goes from Hollywood Rose.    

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

dude is a audio from outside the stadium with a cellphone  in a soundchek comone...

So what do you want to say by that? That his voice didnt crack? It's pretty clear even on a shitty cellphone audio clip. It's nothing new, it used to happen even on Axl/DC days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexmee239 said:

So what do you want to say by that? That his voice didnt crack? It's pretty clear even on a shitty cellphone audio clip. It's nothing new, it used to happen even on Axl/DC days.

i mean is still pretty good news im saying that

Hyped for GNR to return!

Seems like they're making some setlist changes. If they add those and/or change the setlist order I will be pleasantly surprised.

Don't share the faith of any new songs, Hardskool is still a new song. Would be weird to release a new single before it has had an airing.  

• Like 3

Cool to see Reckless Life being considered, all credit where credit is due GNR has busted out some decent deep cuts the last few years such as Locomotive. 

I think if they get rid of some unnecessary covers and switch up the order of the hits, I would be hard pressed to find fault with that

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ssiscool said:

I'm uk based aswell and once it gets to 21 everyone starts complaining it's too hot and we shouldn't be working. Another phrase constantly uttered in those temperatures is "beer garden?"

haha yep. fingers crossed though, when GnR Toured in 2017 it was about 33 degrees and everyone was topless in the stadium, so lets hope for something similar