06/04/22 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

59 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's so random to play Back In Black. My bet is Angus (and maybe Brian too) are gonna be there. Otherwise WTF to be honest

They always did some AC/DC during soundchecks and I remember an interview where they said they would often listen to the Back In Black album before a show to pump themselves up mentally or something. I could totally see that, AC/DC is like an anti-depressant, their music saved my life many times.

Maybe after having performed with AC/DC, Axl might have gotten the go ahead from Angus to play another AC/DC tune other than Whole Lotta Rosie with Guns? Angus and especially Brian joining them would be totally awesome. Don't know about Brian coming over from Florida, but Angus lives in the Netherlands, so there's always a realistic chance of him joining GNR when they are touring in Europe.

• Like 1

Whatever they choose to play tonight or any other night, hope they mix it up more and hopefully don't start with Easy. Drop half the covers and play more illusion songs. Would love to get Locomotive, The Garden, Bad Obsession 

• Like 1

Easy and  Brownstone are the best songs for Axl to begin the show, he can warm up for the toughest songs.This show ( the band, the stage setup, the playlist ) is a well-oiled machine and you don't want many new moving parts in it...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That was great. He tried out different registers on the verses there and didn't go for teh really high screams during the outtro but he sounded good.

The high screams was the only bad part. The verses is actually one of the best I've heard from Axl on TWAT. He sounded dreadful on that one even back in 2010, this is actually an improvement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

The high screams was the only bad part. The verses is actually one of the best I've heard from Axl on TWAT. He sounded dreadful on that one even back in 2010, this is actually an improvement.

Except when he mid-verse decided to sing in a lower voice, but that's okay in rehearsals. He will probably also try to reach the high notes in concert.

I also liked what else I have heard from his from the rehearsals. The little snippet of Reckless sounded good. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, slash78 said:

Easy and  Brownstone are the best songs for Axl to begin the show, he can warm up for the toughest songs.This show ( the band, the stage setup, the playlist ) is a well-oiled machine and you don't want many new moving parts in it...

Actually, I do. Otherwise the machine is damn boring. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thankfully he started singing the chorus of Better lower on the last tour.

Hmm - I must have missed that….might have to check that out as it would have to be ‘better’…sorry for the rubbish pun 🤣🤣🤣

• ABSUЯD 2

24 minutes ago, Swedish said:

The openers seem to start at 18 local time so I would guess that GNR hits the stage around 20, that would be in roughly 6 hours :)

They're announced for 8:30. Portugal is An hour behind, so it's over 7 hours actually.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Street Of Dreams will be on today's setlist, maybe on Alt.

Shot from Screen video from stage

tbah2dtqtMYUlOyfOnwnQQCzBCQcm0lgDaY7aOhh

They didnt soundcheck it so I dont think they're considering it for the first show. Would be a nice surprise tho.

Edited by Alexmee239