06/11/22 - Solvesborg, SE - Sweden Rock Festival

alfierose

I think counting Shadow as a cover is stupid, by that logic so is Reckless Life. The only person involved in writing those two songs on stage is Axl. When they play Slither they actually have more original writers on stage.

To my mind Shadow, Reckless aren't covers. Slither technically is but it at least has two people who wrote the song on stage and apart from not being on a GN'R release it's about as much of a GN'R written song as Shadow or Reckless are.

The Duff cover I just mentally consider his solo spot, doesn't even register for me as a proper song on the setlist.

Two of the covers in the set LALD and KOHD, I have no issue with them playing those songs when I see em live. They were released on the band's albums and are two of the band's biggest hits - there are casual rock fans out there that don't even realise they are covers.

That leaves Back In Black, Wichita & Seeker. They gotta drop these. I'm sure it's fun to hear one of them as a novelty when you're at a show but three! Three covers that aren't on any GN'R release and don't have any connection to any band member. 

I'll be disappointed if I get all three when I see them, because to my mind those are slots in the set where I could hear songs from the band I paid to see. 

Like @metallex78 said, I go to a GN'R show to hear GN'R songs not AC/DC songs.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, arrio said:

If guns Is going to play a new single where would it be at .i mean which gig you consider the most important in europe

The London shows. Biggest english speaking market and a lot of US outlets have a big presence there so it's likely the gig will be covered by the press and there will be reviews in the papers.

Other choice is the Netherlands gig but that's just cause it's on a Thursday and they can do the perform and release at midnight thing they did with Absurd.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cineater said:

Kat was recently sick too.  This might be the last time we see GNR as covid runs through the band.

I've got nothing on streams.

Last time? Huh? We're talking about COVID, not Ebola. I'm pretty sure all band members would have gotten vaccinated, the current strain is usually mild anyway and paxlovid seems to be very effective at keeping people from developing severe symptoms. I don't think GNR is at much risk of being killed off by COVID.

Sme shows might get postponed or cancelled.

• Like 3

This Sweden Rock gig gets very bad reviews from swedish magazines :facepalm:

Aftonbladet - (0/5)

Rocknytt - (2,5/5)

What the reviews have in common is the lack off rasp and too many covers 

But for you guys who was at the show, i hope you had fun! :headbang:i wished i had been there 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Last time? Huh? We're talking about COVID, not Ebola. I'm pretty sure all band members would have gotten vaccinated, the current strain is usually mild anyway and paxlovid seems to be very effective at keeping people from developing severe symptoms. I don't think GNR is at much risk of being killed off by COVID.

Sme shows might get postponed or cancelled.

Not forever last time but, I can see them cancelling if one of the band members, especially Slash gets it.  And they've been out on the streets.  Not being as careful this time out.  Let their guard down.  You can get a mild case and still function but do you want to take the stage with it?  Wouldn't surprise me if the whole European leg is messed up.

• Like 1

That setlist is dreadful, far too many covers and some of the gnr songs are just as bad (hard skool, absurd, reckless life, etc), hopefully we get more songs from the Illusion albums when we get to Glasgow and Spurs stadium.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Call me crazy, but when I go to a GN’R show, I’m not interested in hearing AC/DC, I actually want to hear GN’R songs. 

Your crazy! Guns songs at a guns show? Unbelievable 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Alexmee239 said:

Why did they drop Dont Cry out of all the songs? :cry:

Because it's either DC or Patience, now it's Patience. Let's be glad they alternate at least something. The way I see it, it will become very stale and rigid very soon; everything points in that direction. 

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Because it's either DC or Patience, now it's Patience. Let's be glad they alternate at least something. The way I see it, it will become very stale and rigid very soon; everything points in that direction. 

I don't think alternating means playing only one and never the other. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swede1991 said:

Aftonbladet - (0/5)

Rocknytt - (2,5/5)

But for you guys who was at the show, i hope you had fun! :headbang:i wished i had been there 

To be fair: Aftonbladet is a piece of shit newspaper 

4 hours ago, Swede1991 said:

Aftonbladet - (0/5)

Rocknytt - (2,5/5)

Yes, that's what I think too (Axl's voice is average and the setlist is strange). Moreover, they are touring but they can't create new songs, it's disappointing, 

Edited by axlfan88