06/11/22 - Solvesborg, SE - Sweden Rock Festival

alfierose

40 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

If a anyone in camp got sick they would cancel the show or shows. Zero fucking around with COVID when it comes to Guns. 

I wouldn't be so confident. Based on the few weeks last year that Frank kept putting on a mask for the bow when nobody else did I wouldn't be surprised if he tested positive and just kept doing the shows.

1 minute ago, Gnrcane said:

I wouldn't be so confident. Based on the few weeks last year that Frank kept putting on a mask for the bow when nobody else did I wouldn't be surprised if he tested positive and just kept doing the shows.

They are not going to risk millions of dollars in order to just tough it out and play while infected with COVID.  Motley is about to do their tour with even stricter protocols than Guns has. 

Also, last I heard Frank did not have COVID during the last tour. 

58 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

If anybody besides Axl, Slash or Duff got COVID I think they would just get somebody to fill in for a few shows.  Possibly use a tech if necessary.

If it's A, S or D and they are feeling well enough to perform, I'd think they'd just keep people away from them and have them stay in a marked off section of the stage and let the show go on.  Aren't all the European dates outdoor venues?  Very low risk if they do something like that, especially in an outdoor venue.

The risk is low but the cost is high.  Kind of like "oh fuck, I'm pregnant".  :lol:

Everybody but Axl has a replacement that they might be able to get to fill in if it's not the day of a show.  Could make for some interesting guest spots for us.  Not wishing anybody ill but would love to see some former members one more time.

51 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

If a anyone in camp got sick they would cancel the show or shows. Zero fucking around with COVID when it comes to Guns. 

That was the last time they were super cautious.  They already fucked up this time.  They all took vacations between Florida and Europe and went out in public.  They might be circling the wagons now and running down options.

Confirmed setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Slither
Rumble / Welcome to the Jungle
Better
Double Talkin' Jive
Reckless Life
Live and Let Die
Back in Black
Shadow of Your Love
Estranged
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
I Wanna Be Your Dog
Absurd
Hard Skool
Civil War
Slash Guitar Solo / Sweet Child o' Mine
November Rain
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
You're Crazy
Nightrain

Coma
Blackbird / Patience
Wichita Lineman
The Seeker
Paradise City

Funny how the concert that we imagined being shorter it's the longest one yet.

Edited by FabioRoses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, danijel00 said:

Maybe sinus problems? I saw that at a few shows back in 2016. It could explain why he's often sounds like he sings with a blocked nose

It seems like something like this, and this can also explain why is he in some moments without enough Air!

Because nowadays Axl is is in very good shape and still there are moments that feel that he don't have enough air.

6 hours ago, cineater said:

The risk is low but the cost is high.  Kind of like "oh fuck, I'm pregnant".  :lol:

Everybody but Axl has a replacement that they might be able to get to fill in if it's not the day of a show.  Could make for some interesting guest spots for us.  Not wishing anybody ill but would love to see some former members one more time.

Now I'm picturing Slash having to miss a show and Axl getting on the phone to Bumble and Robin to call in a huge favour.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

I just listened to that Back in Black.

People who are saying that he still can sing with rasp but he’s doesn’t use it to not blow out his voice are full of shit. He’s trying hard as fuck to sing it with rasp but it’s gone

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, mystery said:

I don't watch much of their current live stuff so I'm curious how well received I Wanna Be Your Dog is? It seems like one of the least necessary songs in the setlist.

I actually don’t mind it. Always been a fan of that song and hearing it with Duff and Slash is always a highlight. The band is so good right now it’s just a shame Axl is the weak link at this point. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NolaBola said:

Reviews by their very nature are not unbiased. It is a person's opinion of the art they are witnessing. Calm the fuck down. The person went to the show and thought it all sounded like shit. That was their opinion. And inner turmoil? What the fuck do you know about this person to claim the review is tainted by "inner turmoil?" Jesus. Some people on this forum and others sound like they are in a cult. 

Stop projecting your OWN BLATANT inner turmoil on me, you fucking nutjob 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyson said:

This is ANYTHING but an objective, unbiased review.  This reviewer is projecting their own inner turmoil on the band and it's not only quite obvious, but it's also sad.  I'm not saying you have to have loved the show or that it is without legitimate criticism (I don't know, I wasn't there), but this is ABSURD, indeed.  

You weren’t at the gig and never met the reviewer. Thank you for your baseless, uninformed take. Inner Turmoil indeed. 

30 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Stop projecting your OWN BLATANT inner turmoil on me, you fucking nutjob 

Quote of the day. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

You weren’t at the gig and never met the reviewer. Thank you for your baseless, uninformed take. Inner Turmoil indeed. 

Quote of the day. 

No, I wasn't at the gig (as I readily stated) but I did READ the spite filled review replete with utterly unnecessary insults...HENCE my JUSTIFIED observation about personal, biased animus (in part) informing the review. And I agree, that IS a good quote of the day! Thanks for chiming in, buddy!