06/11/22 - Solvesborg, SE - Sweden Rock Festival

alfierose

10 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Has Axl ever really spoken much to the audience if it wasn't a rant?

I've been to 5 shows. 1991, 2016, 2018 and 2 in 2021.

In 1991 (NYE Miami) all I really remember of Axl talking was threatening to go home because someone threw a firework at the stage and then letting us know that the next song (YCBM I think) was going to be broadcast on the MTV NYE show.

All of the reunion shows was just some quick Elvis impersonation or quick comment. 

Two shows he made jokes about Melissa (one about her outfit matching the yellow paint on the train horn switch).

The last 2021 show he did his extended thank you to all the fans and crew members for the"trifficult" tour. Outside of that he's never been particularly interactive with the audience at any show.

I'm just comment it person commented about she/him vision about it show. Sure  when i attend a show not hope see a "Talk Show".

But guess it person was annoying about the whole show.

The most comments was terrible.

On 6/12/2022 at 12:51 PM, 6lake sa66ath said:

From Aftonbladet :

Guns N 'Roses kills the festival atmosphere

Sofia Bergström

Guns N 'Roses did not take revenge after the previous failure at Sweden Rock.Photo: RICKARD NILSSON

MUSIC

SWEDEN ROCK Mercyful Fate's satanic sermon the night before was certainly a cautious prelude.

It will be Guns N 'Roses that spread the biggest fear at the festival.

Guns N 'Roses

Location: Festival Stage. Audience:Really small with people. It has probably never been so sparse before a main act on Sweden Rock. Duration: Three hours. That's about three hours too much. Best: You can not complain about "I wanna be your dog", maybe because Axl Rose does not sing. Even "Knockin 'on heaven's door" and "Coma" actually sound quite okay. Worst: The rest. Question: Does the band themselves think it sounds good?

NORWAY. Guns N 'Roses need no further presentation.

However, the members are in desperate need of their own watches. Someone has to teach Americans the clock and how to keep time.

Their debut at Sweden Rock twelve years ago immediately went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame. Axl Rose & co was almost an hour late and was met by burop from a wet and disappointed audience.

Her problem is not Axl's vocals, but the delay. She even called the 2010 concert a disaster just because of the 1 hour delay. She has no idea that she was lucky in 2010, because they were usually 3 hours late. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Technically that 2018 tour was in support of the LNL boxset. That said, I still agree that maybe a longer break from touring was needed.

They didn't need to tour to promote that. They basically could have done a weeks work from home doing Skype interviews and maybe fly to LA to before on Kimmel or Fallon. Done! The tour didn't even promote the boxset😄 

• Like 1

You can't compare Bruce to Axl this days, they are just on another league...

On his prime, Bruce couldn't touch Axl but he remains to be one hell of a singer live and studio. 

It would be more fair to compare Axl to Rob Halford due to his vocal approach and still Rob sings muuuuuuch better than Axl nowadays. 

Axl in 2016 proved he still was the best in his game during the AcDc shows....all that came afterwards was a clear downfall till nowadays that it became painful to listening him.

Once again, this is from someone who thinks Freddy, Plant, etc could only dream of being the best after Axl; but the truth must be said about his actual vocal abilities

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vloors said:

Meanwhile Iron Maiden at Download this week fuckin killed it

Bruce is 5 years older than Axl and is sounding amazing.

I went to see Maiden 2 years ago or so,  I couldn’t believe how well Bruce was sounding, especially after the cancer scare. Between my first maiden gig in 92 and 2 years ago, very little had changed with Bruce’s energy and range. 

You can compare GNR to any band out touring right now. They get up play a set and it works or doesn’t. Maiden & The Stones still sound good. GNR do not. It really matters nothing about the songs and how they were sung in the 90s. I played sport in the 90s because I could, now in my 40s I can’t. Age catches up. But I’m not still trying to make the team or make allowances for my slowness. If you can’t deliver, it’s time to stop. Axl can’t do the songs justice anymore. It’s not Bon Jovi bad yet, but it’s creeping up to it. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Two different vocals and styles, talk shit man.

4 years old.

Oh yeah? How about 70 year old Rob Halford and those screams?

It's not about getting old. It's about getting shit together, train and singing as per current capabilities. To respect audience ears.

I can sing whichever I want in my own house, in my own shower. But Axl is not singing in his bathroom. We're talking stadiums.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Oh yeah? How about 70 year old Rob Halford and those screams?

It's not about getting old. It's about getting shit together, train and singing as per current capabilities. To respect audience ears.

I can sing whichever I want in my own house, in my own shower. But Axl is not singing in his bathroom. We're talking stadiums.

exactly.  Alice cooper still sounds great, even Mic sounded really good last year.  Its always excuses

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I went to see Maiden 2 years ago or so,  I couldn’t believe how well Bruce was sounding, especially after the cancer scare. Between my first maiden gig in 92 and 2 years ago, very little had changed with Bruce’s energy and range. 

. I played sport in the 90s because I could, now in my 40s I can’t. Age catches up. 

You’re only in your 40s and you can’t play sports anymore? Fucking hell, how crippled are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, vloors said:

Meanwhile Iron Maiden at Download this week fuckin killed it

Bruce is 5 years older than Axl and is sounding amazing.

I don’t hear kill it, sounded bad, but I think is the recorded. Not soundes a strong voice at all.

Better than Axl, yes, but not as well as a 90’s Maiden show.

1 hour ago, axljungle said:

I don’t hear kill it, sounded bad, but I think is the recorded. Not soundes a strong voice at all.

Better than Axl, yes, but not as well as a 90’s Maiden show.

Well you have an impossible standard if you think Bruce sounds bad here🤣 60yr old man singing in the same key and absolutely belting it out with power, that's more than enough for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Well you have an impossible standard if you think Bruce sounds bad here🤣 60yr old man singing in the same key and absolutely belting it out with power, that's more than enough for me.

But there's no RASP! Where's the rasp? We all know that rasp is mandatory for a good performance 😱

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

exactly.  Alice cooper still sounds great, even Mic sounded really good last year.  Its always excuses

Alice has always had the same singing style. Never a screamer. Everyone also seems to forget Axl smoked for decades, which made his voice sound raspier over the years. Don’t think I’ve seen him without a cigarette since the late 90’s which is when his voice started to change into what it’s become now. 

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl is still singing in key, just not with the same style he’s known for.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Alice has always had the same singing style. Never a screamer. Everyone also seems to forget Axl smoked for decades, which made his voice sound raspier over the years. Don’t think I’ve seen him without a cigarette since the late 90’s which is when his voice started to change into what it’s become now. 

Axl is still singing in key, just not with the same style he’s known for.  

I know Axl is generally in key, but in terms of delivery he is worlds apart from someone like Bruce. Having said that I watched some of the Sweden rock show after everybody shit on it, and I have to say other than Jungle and a few others he was doing ok even without the rasp. I have heard much worse from him

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

But there's no RASP! Where's the rasp? We all know that rasp is mandatory for a good performance 😱

Will someone please think of the rasp! 😭

For Axl i'd take full power clean with little rasp, I would prefer full power with lots of rasp but it's not likely... not that the other is likely either though😄

2 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

BACK IN BLACK 2016

hard to see 

NOOOO DELETE THIS NOW!!!!

1 minute ago, darkside259 said:

NOOOO DELETE THIS NOW!!!!

IF THOSE FUCKERS DELETE THAT VIDEO IM GONNA BE FURIOS >:(

Edited by janrichmond
removed yt video
  • Like 1