Gibbos Appetite For Videos Facebook page deleted ?

I know you’re joking, however: Tokyo? Only if it’s one of the other nights, with the rare songs; otherwise, there already is a cleaned mkv version of awesome quality. Anyway, considering there’s stuff like Saskatoon and loads of others they’ve taped, it would make no sense to release something we already have. Which means there is a huge possibility that that’s exactly what they’re gonna do. But not this year – there should be a one-year delay, just to keep the tradition like with the AfD set. 

I’ve always been a little lost on the whole YouTube reporting shit. I can’t get past the very simple explanation that the band okays acts like this. 

Why would Facebook or YouTube give a shit if the artist wants this material up?  I’m either really stupid, or simplistic realistic.. I think It’s the latter, but who knows.. 

The band is against its fans. Simple, and done. 

12 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

I’ve always been a little lost on the whole YouTube reporting shit. I can’t get past the very simple explanation that the band okays acts like this. 

Why would Facebook or YouTube give a shit if the artist wants this material up?  I’m either really stupid, or simplistic realistic.. I think It’s the latter, but who knows.. 

The band is against its fans. Simple, and done. 

Yep its the band and their little worker trolls. Content from other bands are regularly shared and even embraced by the actual bands themselves.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PirateRadio said:

As far as I am aware, the band doesn't need to do anything - organizations like YouTube will act by the principle of better safe than sorry and remove videos on request by third parties without consulting with the copyright holder. So no active participation from the band is needed. 

The band could probably stop it, or at least intervene on specific cases to have the videos reinstated, but that would require active participation and dialogue with YouTube on their behalf. 

I conclude that they don't care enough to be bothered with trying to stop it. 

Edited by SoulMonster

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The band doesn't need to do anything - organizations like YouTube will act by the principle of better safe than sorry and remove videos on request by third parties without consulting with the copyright holder. So no active participation from the band is needed. 

The band could probably stop it, or at least intervene on specific cases to have the videos reinstated, but that would require active participation and dialogue with YouTube on their behalf. 

I conclude that they don't care enough to be bothered with trying to stop it. 

However, let's not forget to add the fact that it was indeed initiated by the management. You know, just in case some new fans don't know this...

Just now, jamillos said:

Seriously? I thought that's been established. I'm not getting into this. 

I know the morons claim they act on behalf of Team Brazil (they kinda have to) and I believe Team Brazil have themselves taken down some content (Guns N' Roses have a history of monitoring and curating online content), but I can't remember having seen evidence for Team Brazil instructing the morons to do it. This can simply be me not remembering stuff :D, it can also be that the evidence wasn't good enough for me. I seem to remember not being convinced by whatever screen shots presented. Was it the morons claiming they had been asked by Team Brazil to do it? If so, that isn't evidence really, considering that it came from them. Was it a message from Team Brazil that could be interpreted as they being okay with it? I can't remember.

Anyway, what we have now is morons continuing to take down content claiming they are acting on behalf of Team Brazil and Team Brazil claiming they aren't. Someone is lying, I lean towards it being the morons.

Can't know for sure, but I have a feeling that if TB / the band are involved in such takedowns, it's not so much that they fear a few hundred people watching some unreleased show from 1993 is going to harm their revenue, but that they, and Axl in particular, have a bit of an allergy to the old era of shows because:

A.) While we harken for such footage as a golden era, they remember it more as a chaotic and unhappy time they would rather keep in the past

B.) They, especially Axl, are in a mindset of, that was the old band, it's gone, they want to focus of how they see it nowadays

C.)This could be a big driving factor - legal issues might complicate any official release of old shows because of the old members, it might have to involve a whole shitshow of negotiations with various teams of lawyers and camps etc. 

I think all these things might well be barriers to archive material receiving a proper release. 

4 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

Can't know for sure, but I have a feeling that if TB / the band are involved in such takedowns, it's not so much that they fear a few hundred people watching some unreleased show from 1993 is going to harm their revenue, but that they, and Axl in particular, have a bit of an allergy to the old era of shows because:

A.) While we harken for such footage as a golden era, they remember it more as a chaotic and unhappy time they would rather keep in the past

B.) They, especially Axl, are in a mindset of, that was the old band, it's gone, they want to focus of how they see it nowadays

C.)This could be a big driving factor - legal issues might complicate any official release of old shows because of the old members, it might have to involve a whole shitshow of negotiations with various teams of lawyers and camps etc. 

I think all these things might well be barriers to archive material receiving a proper release. 

A. That's not true. They remember parts as chaotic, they remember other parts fondly. I'm sure if Axl sat down to talk about the UYI tour, he'd rant for a while on how 'he shouldn't have been on the tour' but was forced... and then he'd eventually come around to telling good stories from that period. 

B. I think the mindset is probably fairly different. The Oldguns used to be AFD/UYI now the old band is CD. Axl has embraced the old band, which is clear from the setlist and the imagery used to promote the band. 

C. legal issues. The Issues with GNR and releasing content were largely between Axl, Duff and Slash... more specifically Slash/Axl. Izzy and Steven haven't really obstructed releases. They are not allergic to money.

The real reason is they have no interest in archives. They probably wonder if people even care about live albums anymore, and the answer is some do.... specifically die-hard fans. If they upgraded the video quality and touched up the mixes to some of the old shows and sold them on youtube most people here would buy them. I think the costs would be covered fairly quickly.

On 5/12/2021 at 6:52 AM, jamillos said:

I know you’re joking, however: Tokyo? Only if it’s one of the other nights, with the rare songs; otherwise, there already is a cleaned mkv version of awesome quality. Anyway, considering there’s stuff like Saskatoon and loads of others they’ve taped, it would make no sense to release something we already have. Which means there is a huge possibility that that’s exactly what they’re gonna do. But not this year – there should be a one-year delay, just to keep the tradition like with the AfD set. 

I really really reaaaaaaally don’t like the Tokyo show they released. Aside from it sounding like a mess altogether it was a bad performance by Axl. Fuck I even forgot it was an official release, I watched a lot of bootlegs that looked and sounded better than that show.

17 minutes ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

I really really reaaaaaaally don’t like the Tokyo show they released. Aside from it sounding like a mess altogether it was a bad performance by Axl. Fuck I even forgot it was an official release, I watched a lot of bootlegs that looked and sounded better than that show.

It definitely wasn't a bad performance by Axl, I'd say a 92 standard IMO, more or less. But yes, the sound sucks. 

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

No need to make it more complicated - every other band has tons of stuff on youtube, official or not. Every other band releases music, even dead artist release more music.

It's Axl/the "big 3"/TB

Axl/TB/the GN'R brand have really created a perfect storm of shit. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters to them is money and whomever they can get it from. 

YouTube videos and fans general enjoyment from the past? Fuck that. Can't make a dime on that. Overpriced bullshit merch and minimum effort shows with high ticket prices? Bring it on. 

Seemingly every other band on Earth appreciates their die hard fans to some degree, except GN'R. GN'R sort of gave a shit about the die hards when that's all they had. Ever since 2016 when the Brinks truck backed up to Axl’s door, they've made it clear that they couldn't care less what die hard fans think.

56 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl/TB/the GN'R brand have really created a perfect storm of shit. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters to them is money and whomever they can get it from. 

YouTube videos and fans general enjoyment from the past? Fuck that. Can't make a dime on that. Overpriced bullshit merch and minimum effort shows with high ticket prices? Bring it on. 

Seemingly every other band on Earth appreciates their die hard fans to some degree, except GN'R. GN'R sort of gave a shit about the die hards when that's all they had. Ever since 2016 when the Brinks truck backed up to Axl’s door, they've made it clear that they couldn't care less what die hard fans think.

GN'R is a business/brand today more than a band, and not a great one at that. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah the change is noticeable. How quickly they forget that fans like us kept this shit-show on the road, all through the Chinese years. Business 101... don't fuck with your loyal customers. Guess the genius manager didn't learn that on his free 'how to manage bands' coursera course. As for Axl... it's kinda like the Ozzy thing, where Sharon does something everybody hates and then Ozzy say "I had no idea, don't ask me, nobody tells me anything, wasn't my idea to re-record those parts"... buck stops with the person paying the wage. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

There's different ways to do things - I get that.  But it seems odd to pretend there's not mountains of material out there.  If a person wants to see a killer clip of the UYI tour - why would you want them to go to questionable websites or buy bootlegs?  I'd think having things on youtube are the best of the bad options (best option = release it for sale).  Don't encourage people to buy expensive Japanese bootlegs or go to websites that might harm their computer or very illegal.  I don't get it.  I don't get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

YouTube videos and fans general enjoyment from the past? Fuck that. Can't make a dime on that. 

If all they cared for was money, wouldn't it then be better to monetize the Youtube videos rather than taking them down, or selling old gigs to fans rather than fighting bootlegs?

It seems to me it is more important to Axl to ensure fans are focused on the now rather than the then, and that this is more important than money.

• Haha 1

Just now, Spike Killer said:

There's different ways to do things - I get that.  But it seems odd to pretend there's not mountains of material out there.  If a person wants to see a killer clip of the UYI tour - why would you want them to go to questionable websites or buy bootlegs?  I'd think having things on youtube are the best of the bad options (best option = release it for sale).  Don't encourage people to buy expensive Japanese bootlegs or go to websites that might harm their computer or very illegal.  I don't get it.  I don't get it.

Yeah - release this shit and blow the bootleggers out of the water, or if you've got no interest in doing that, just shrug and think of it as a way of keeping people interested.....and hell, maybe even be pleased that people actually ARE interested?! 

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If all they cared for was money, wouldn't it then be better to monetize the Youtube videos rather than taking them down, or selling old gigs to fans rather than fighting bootlegs?

It seems to me it is more important to Axl to ensure fans are focused on the now rather than the then, and that this is more important than money.

You don't seriously believe that do you? 

It's more a matter of them (them being TB/the GN'R brand) having not one clue how the modern music business works. 

It's been explained to them many, many times how to please fans AND make money at the same time. The ways available to do that require effort though and they're not interested in any effort whatsoever. 

It's much easier to make a ton of money off over priced tickets and overpriced merch from the casual fans who will still buy it then actually make an efffot to make fans happy and possibly pull in smaller profits. 

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Yes, for the most part anyways. It certainly could be worse! At least they tour.

GN'R touring isn't a good thing for anyone outside of casual fans. So for die hard fans, it really couldn't get worse. At least from my POV 

• Like 2