Download Festival Reloaded to feature GNR free to air June 5-6

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/metallica-download-reloaded-sky-arts/

Download Festival have teamed up with Sky Arts for a new free-to-air TV event this June, titled ‘Reloaded.’

The two-night ‘Reloaded’ show will feature tracks from “the best Download headliner performances from the past 10 years” including Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Rammstein, Metallica, Guns N’ Roses, Linkin Park and more, and will air on June 5 – 6 (which is the weekend that should have marked Download 2021).

The event’s official website issued the following statement: “We’re taking you back to the hallowed grounds of Donington on the weekend that should have marked Download 2021. Tune into Sky Arts Freeview Channel 11 at 9pm on Saturday and Sunday for two awesome shows packed with performances. It’s guaranteed to get you reliving those epic Download memories!

“Joining Download 2022 headliners KISS, Iron Maiden and Biffy Clyro, the ‘Reloaded’ programs will also feature tracks from historic headline performances from Guns N’ Roses, Rammstein, Metallica, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Def Leppard, Halestorm, System of a Down, Muse, Parkway Drive, Slayer, Black Stone Cherry, Limp Bizkit, Enter Shikari, Avenged Sevenfold, The Prodigy and Aerosmith.”

“The past two years without Download Festival have been tough for us all, so we’re delighted to be able to bring some of the biggest and best Download performances to your living rooms this year,” says festival organizer Andy Copping.

“We hope you’ll get involved and set up a tent in your backyards to really enjoy a taste of Download from home. We are all working hard behind the scenes to make sure Download 2022 will be one for the history books. We can’t wait to be reunited with the Download family next June – and perhaps a few of you even earlier than that – to celebrate the festival we all know and love.”

Download Festival 2022 will take place at Donington Park on June 10 – 12, 2022. Last month, the festival made a major announcement, after they added over 70 new arists to the line-up, with those bands including Deftones, Korn, Megadeth, Steel Panther, The Ghost Inside, Funeral For A Friend, Descendents, Electric 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I bet it'll probably just be the 2 songs that they had aired before (before the Selects). Just a few songs for each band.

They say its over two days so thats alot of other tracks they may possibly play. We can only hope for the best. 

6 hours ago, Towelie said:

It was nauseating seeing all the rock press fawning over Axl's weak-ass performance in 2018, I even recall Kerrang saying how Axl had "redeemed himself" after his disasterous performance in 2006. Do these people have a working set of ears?

What a hilariously inaccurate take on things. 🤦‍♂️ Kerrang stopped being relevant so long ago….that type of comment nails why.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Damn it, for a second there I thought it was happening this year.

To hell with June 2022 in May 2021! 

The stream of prior concert footage is June 5 and 6 2021 next month.

The physical attendance of a new download festival wont be back until 2022

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Damn it, for a second there I thought it was happening this year.

To hell with June 2022 in May 2021! 

It is, the wording in the press release is awkward if you're thinking of the part I am, it's saying that they're showing highlights from the 2022 headliners in previous years, as well as other acts. 

42 minutes ago, vloors said:

The stream of prior concert footage is June 5 and 6 2021 next month.

The physical attendance of a new download festival wont be back until 2022

31 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

It is, the wording in the press release is awkward if you're thinking of the part I am, it's saying that they're showing highlights from the 2022 headliners in previous years, as well as other acts. 

Oh. These are weird times. 

17 hours ago, Towelie said:

It was nauseating seeing all the rock press fawning over Axl's weak-ass performance in 2018, I even recall Kerrang saying how Axl had "redeemed himself" after his disasterous performance in 2006. Do these people have a working set of ears?

No. Slash is on-stage and that is a blanket for Axls weak performances, the press are stupid. They've fawned over things and then the same publication / "journalist" will completely thrash the same thing 2yrs later. 

If we're being real, the people at Kerrang and Metalhammer and Classic rock all knew the performance was weak as piss, but!! they would like to someday get a cover story from GNR so they didn't slate them. They'll slate other bands for not delivering, heard them go through Def Leppard, Whitesnake etc. and that's because those guys have a thick skin and can take some criticism, if they gave the same reviews to GNR they'd be on the permanent shit list. 

I remember reading the review for Download 2006, they were basically slating the entire thing with the exception of when Bach came on. They don't mention Axl was on time, singing his ass off and the crowd decided to bottle him; they just said Axl storms off stage 3 songs in and comes back with less energy than he started. BS review. Then they review 2018, he's not singing well and the set is bloated, they "as good as it gets... masterclass" morons!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They should show some songs from SMKC in 2019.

Any way to watch this in the US? Wish they would just air it on YouTube or something. 

Yeah that would be great. I think just playing one alternative song from gnr would great, so last time they didn't put paradise city or shadow of your love. Either one of those would be cool... one's clearly much bigger than the other but!!

On 5/15/2021 at 2:01 AM, Towelie said:

They may have been thinking about the 2002 era. Or they have brain issues.

I hope they show Chinese Democracy and Better. :P

14 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah that would be great. I think just playing one alternative song from gnr would great, so last time they didn't put paradise city or shadow of your love. Either one of those would be cool... one's clearly much bigger than the other but!!

I would rather see SMKC personally. Better performance and Slash is more engaged.

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I would rather see SMKC personally. Better performance and Slash is more engaged.

True, plus the gnr performance was crap and Slash and co are almost always on form. As long as they play something like Avalon, WOF, You're a lie and not Anastastia... which I know people like, but I can't stand that song😄

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 6:16 AM, Tom2112 said:

True, plus the gnr performance was crap and Slash and co are almost always on form. As long as they play something like Avalon, WOF, You're a lie and not Anastastia... which I know people like, but I can't stand that song😄

The live Anastasia from Melbourne is my favorite live Slash performance of all time!!!!

On another note I ran accross an old Slash solo on youtube from the UYI days that I had never seen and it was fucking phenominal.  He was jammong out with Dizzy for a good part of it. I also ran accross a solo from 2018 or 2019 with Guns that I hadn't seen yet.. He played the Stones version of You Gotta Move and it was sick.. Too bad there are somany petty assholes in this world or I would post both.

• Like 2