Guns N Roses to headline BottleRock

4 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Righto folks... hands up, who here truly likes the first 3 Chilies albums?! I find them almost impossible to listen to. The odd moment here and there but mainly shite to my ears! Discuss...

first one is not my thing but Freaky Styley and The Uplift Mofo Party Plan... yeah those are great albums. If you're not really into funk and you prefer their more refined sound they've developed later, maybe these are not for you but so many great tracks imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I'm not sure Josh was that much disliked to be honest. He gets a lot of love on some sites. It's just that Frusciante has become somewhat of a living legend among many fans, and it's true that he's the best fit for that band. He grew up musically in the RHCP and he and Flea have created a musical language that no one can compete with. Plus, he's probably the best songwriter the band has ever had. But Josh did a good job, he was kinda like a fan himself, because of him they played deep cuts that they would never play otherwise and with him in the band they finally had a decent singer, hihi. 

Agreed on everything. Except that "finally had a decent singer". IMO I think he butchered John's backing vocals on some songs like Otherside and Snow. Best RHCP singer for me is still John and then Josh and then Anthony. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I'm not sure Josh was that much disliked to be honest. He gets a lot of love on some sites. It's just that Frusciante has become somewhat of a living legend among many fans, and it's true that he's the best fit for that band. He grew up musically in the RHCP and he and Flea have created a musical language that no one can compete with. Plus, he's probably the best songwriter the band has ever had. But Josh did a good job, he was kinda like a fan himself, because of him they played deep cuts that they would never play otherwise and with him in the band they finally had a decent singer, hihi. 

while John may not be as good a singer as he is a guitar player, I really like his voice. Josh's voice sounds cool with John's voice on his solo albums imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Righto folks... hands up, who here truly likes the first 3 Chilies albums?! I find them almost impossible to listen to. The odd moment here and there but mainly shite to my ears! Discuss...

Nobody. But, that shows how amazing their evolution is in music.

7 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

I loved Uplift Mofo when I first heard it. I don’t like it as much now, but it’s still a good album imo.

Didn’t like Freaky Styley at first but it’s grown on me a lot now.

Still can’t get into the first album. It’s the only RHCP album I still don’t like.

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I preferred them with Dave Navarro, although I also love the Blood sugar album. Hard gig to fill when you're taking it in a whole other direction. 

Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Josh's, one thing I never understood was how he was so disliked almost across the board. He didn't steal the gig, John left and Josh was hired. I think had Josh just come in and played the parts he'd have been accepted more, but then he'd be criticised fro not being original. No win situation🤣 At least he wasn't Dj Ashba though🥳

Wasn't Josh playing with them already when John left? I thought Josh's playing was fine, he wasn't butchering it like ashba, and he had a cool energy on stage.

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Wasn't Josh playing with them already when John left? I thought Josh's playing was fine, he wasn't butchering it like ashba, and he had a cool energy on stage.

Yeah he was a touring member already in 2007 and then they upgraded him to the main guitarist position in late 2008/ early 2009 (timeline is not clear).

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

He joined on the stadium arcadium tour as non member side musician.

Nobody equals Ashba. I thought he was reasonable but I didn't like how much effects he used. In general he was grand though.

On 5/18/2021 at 3:42 AM, James Bond said:

Reuniting with their guitarist, recording new music, playing diverse set lists.

Ah yes.

I love the Chili Peppers.

It’s continually bitching, ungrateful fans like you that give the rest of us a bad name.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to read my Guns N’ F’n Roses’ childrens book!

• Haha 3

Chad Smith should reconsider such silly ideas of releasing music and get hard schooled by TB/GNR management. A real management team with realistic goals. Who in the right mind releases new music for their fans? RHCP over here thinking they can release music as they please and have the goddamn nerve to communicate with their fans? I've never felt so insulted in my life. Their lack of silence disturbs me. Sad!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Chad Smith should reconsider such silly ideas of releasing music and get hard schooled by TB/GNR management. A real management team with realistic goals. Who in the right mind releases new music for their fans? RHCP over here thinking they can release music as they please and have the goddamn nerve to communicate with their fans? I've never felt so insulted in my life. Their lack of silence disturbs me. Sad!

The funniest part is that RHCP actually just recently fired their management team that they’ve had since 1998 and replaced them with some friend of theirs who has no prior management experience lol.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The funniest part is that RHCP actually just recently fired their management team that they’ve had since 1998 and replaced them with some friend of theirs who has no prior management experience lol.

Doing a bit of research and it is saying that the new manager, Guy Oseary, is the manager of U2 and Madonna so suggests he has a pretty decent pedigree!

On the subject of RHCP:

Chad Smith hosted another art show for his paintings the other day and talked to some fans and told them the new RHCP album would be out “very soon.” Also, John Frusciante’s barber (a guy named Shampoolio) posted a new pic of John the other day and then started talking to fans online and said that John told him the new RHCP album would be out this summer.

So it looks like RHCP will still be putting out their new album this summer, despite the fact that they won’t be touring now until 2022.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1