09/23/21 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center

Powerage5

14 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

He didn't do things the "way they should be done" when he released the illusion albums, but I bet you're not mad about that, are ya, pal?

Well pal, I specifically said the last 30 years..when did those albums come out?? Oh yeah, over 30 years ago. Although I’ll forgive you for not knowing that since Axl didn’t even mention them on the anniversary last week. 

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

What’s even weirder is the fact they played Coma and SOYL. So there goes the “he’s too scared to sing it” theory. There goes the “too afraid to try something new this leg” theory. Like what the fuck?

I think it's just one of those things we're going to have to chalk up as GNR being GNR. 

It doesn't make sense. 

And that's why it happened.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So the band didn't play the song tonight -- does it matter?

Nope. Doesn't matter at all. The public didn't even know the song existed until tonight at 12am, and most (that care to know) won't know until tomorrow sometime. Anyone that nitpicks that they didn't play it before its release is just being negative.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The mood here changes so quickly. From absolute elation and euphoria when Hard Skool was released to whining when it didn't get played at the first show after the release. This fan base's got community bipolar disorder.

I also notice many people (most without avatars or many posts) complaining about Hard Skool. Yeah, it's not Welcome to the Jungle, but it's still a cool song with Axl, Slash, and Duff on it... I think things are getting to the point where the complainers are going to shit on anything this band does no matter how good it may end up being. Even the one's that mildly compliment are like, "Not bad for a song that was written 20 years ago blah blah blah". We get it, We get it.

26 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I also notice many people (most without avatars or many posts) complaining about Hard Skool. Yeah, it's not Welcome to the Jungle, but it's still a cool song with Axl, Slash, and Duff on it... I think things are getting to the point where the complainers are going to shit on anything this band does no matter how good it may end up being. Even the one's that mildly compliment are like, "Not bad for a song that was written 20 years ago blah blah blah". We get it, We get it.

As Dizzy once said: "But you know what? Fuck those people." 

Edited by jamillos

7 minutes ago, downzy said:

No, it doesn’t matter.

But considering how they released Absurd, it doesn’t make a lot of sense either.

Why not play it?  

For people to hear the better - studio - version first. Lots of press will be on that. Lots of press would be on a live version, which - with current Axl's form - won't be as glorious, let's be honest. Whole different with Absurd, which is easy peasy vocal-wise when compared. I believe Baltimore will be the night. But I'm already happy as it is now. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jamillos said:

For people to hear the better - studio - version first. Lots of press will be on that. Lots of press would be on a live version, which - with current Axl's form - won't be as glorious, let's be honest. Whole different with Absurd, which is easy peasy vocal-wise when compared. I believe Baltimore will be the night. But I'm already happy as it is now. 

Well, I’m not sure how much press there will be.

But okay, let’s assume they want people to focus on the studio version and not the live version from the night before (nevemind the fact that nothing posted on youtube from concerts lasts longer than a few hours).

Then why didn’t they use the same approach with Absurd?  Because of the vocals?  Because people would have been put off if Axl didn’t nail the line “pussy full of maggots?”

I think you’re over thinking things.

It’s just really strange that with Absurd it gets a proper roll out and with Hard Skool, undoubtedly the far better song, it’s a scattered-shot approach that has little rhyme or reason to it.  There’s nothing about releasing a new single that requires it to be played live first.  But it just doesn’t make sense that Absurd gets the live treatment first while Hard Skool isn’t even acknowledged.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

No, it doesn’t matter.

But considering how they released Absurd, it doesn’t make a lot of sense either.

Why not play it?  

Axl probably just didn't feel like playing it on that particular night. He probably doesn't like having to deliver on expectations. He is not always good when under pressure. He will slip it in on some other date. Hah.

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

Well, I’m not sure how much press there will be.

But okay, let’s assume they want people to focus on the studio version and not the live version from the night before (nevemind the fact that nothing posted on youtube from concerts lasts longer than a few hours).

Then why didn’t they use the same approach with Absurd?  Because of the vocals?  Because people would have been put off if Axl didn’t nail the line “pussy full of maggots?”

I think you’re over thinking things.

It’s just really strange that with Absurd it gets a proper roll out and with Hard Skool, undoubtedly the far better song, it’s a scattered-shot approach that has little rhyme or reason to it.  There’s nothing about releasing a new single that requires it to be played live first.  But it just doesn’t make sense that Absurd gets the live treatment first while Hard Skool isn’t even acknowledged.

Again, I believe there are no vocal cautions to be made regarding Absurd live. Even if they made some press right after the show or put that live footage on their YT channel (not that they did any of that), it would have been quite alright – unlike with HS, which will be tricky (I’d guess Axl will alternate the chorus lines with Duff in concerts, especially near the end). Baltimore will tell us more. It would make sense to play it there. It's just a different type of beast.