DJ Ashba was approached to join the NITL Tour

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Two confirmed dates:

March 2015: Axl's phone call to Slash.

October 2015: Axl and Slash's first meeting in person (at Axl's house).

Axl could have worked with Pitman on the new album until October 2015. 

Axl and Slash met in person and all the plans were cancelled. 

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Axl could have worked with Pitman on the new album until October 2015. 

Axl and Slash met in person and all the plans were cancelled. 

Possibly, but I suppose Axl had something in mind when he asked for Slash's number in March. I don't think he called Slash just to say hi :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, Blackstar said:

Possibly, but I suppose Axl had something in mind when he asked for Slash's number in March. I don't think he called Slash just to say hi :lol:

Who knows. Nobody knew if a reunion could even work at this point. 

Working on the album while waiting for Slash to show up is not that unrealistic. 

I believe it. Despite Axl’s “reputation”- who has he actually let go/fire? Gilby? Anyone else? Matt and Pitman seemingly forced their own firings- which is a different animal IMHO.

At the end of the day, I think Axl’s a believer in carrying on with whoever will keep rallying to the banner. Once they stop- nothing owed- and the slot is gone- though some (i.e. Brain, Finck, Tobias) may retain “Guns N’ Roses Family” status…

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

I believe it, Axl wanted to have 3 guitar even before Slash left and if he had the guitar beast Buckethead and still made him share lead guitar duties I think he'd be crazy enough to want to keep DJ. Props to DJ for having the decency of turning it down. I liked his solos Ballad of Death and Mi Amor, they had pretty good melodies and were better that some random guitar wanking that we had with NuGNR when every member had to have a solo.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

It's funny, and it's easy to bag DJ, but he's still a great guitar player 

He relied on Nikki and Axl to much.

For example, SIXX:AM was a great Band. Take Nikki away and you get that Pyromantic crap. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

I believe it, Axl wanted to have 3 guitar even before Slash left and if he had the guitar beast Buckethead and still made him share lead guitar duties I think he'd be crazy enough to want to keep DJ. Props to DJ for having the decency of turning it down. I liked his solos Ballad of Death and Mi Amor, they had pretty good melodies and were better that some random guitar wanking that we had with NuGNR when every member had to have a solo.

Axl didn't want to have three guitarists before Slash left in the same way he had them in NuGnR; it seems he had thought of that as a solution to the Gilby/Paul situation (one for the studio and the other for the tour). And NuGnR started as a two guitar band. The three guitar thing was not planned. Axl replaced Finck with Buckethead, but then Finck returned and Axl didn't want to lose any of them, so it turned into a three guitar band.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

From user jujuhounds on the Hoffman forums: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/guns-n-roses-tour-has-earned-230-million-and-still-going-stong.667760/page-9#post-17091617

"As for Dj Ashba....after the 2014 Las Vegas residency, the band was told to go find other work while Axl put the finishing touches on the album and submitted it to the label. The original plan was submit album in 2014, release album in 2015, tour in 2016. By the end of 2014, Guns had been touring pretty much non-stop since December of 2009. It was time for them to take a small break and let public demand build back up. During this time, Nikki Sixx approached Dj and offered him a choice. Quit Guns N' Roses and record a double album with Sixx: A.M. and go on a 2 year world tour OR stay in GN'R, quit Sixx: A.M. and have an uncertain future. While Dj had talked **** about Nikki to Axl, Ashba ended up choosing the guaranteed album/tour deal. He had a PR company draft up that letter and well, the rest is pretty much open.

Well we saw how that worked out (Sixx AM).

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I doubt that. Slash went along with Frank over Matt/Steven, Richard over Izzy, Melissa being in etc . He knew that hundreds of millions were on the line. He wasn't walking away from that over Ashba. Axl calls the shots. 

Frank - They were told that Matt was a non-starter so they were basically forced to go with Frank. 

Richard- Well Izzy never showed and they couldn't come to an agreement and Slash and Duff seem to like him so they were like whatever fine.

Melissa - Slash doesn't care

2 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

He played on Silkworms. I think Slash would play with Paul Tobias at this point.

Big difference between playing on that song and having DJ Ashba on stage next to you every night.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Pitman was probably fired because he didn't get along with Slash and Duff, and then he bitched because only Axl's, Slash's and Duff's name were included in the reunion announcement, and his name wasn't.

So Slash and Duff didn't exactly join NuGnR. Slash had some leverage and I don't think he would accept Ashba.

Slash has a lot more leverage than people realize. Duff alone wouldn't be enough to play stadiums again. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl didn't want to have three guitarists before Slash left in the same way he had them in NuGnR; it seems he had thought of that as a solution to the Gilby/Paul situation (one for the studio and the other for the tour). And NuGnR started as a two guitar band. The three guitar thing was not planned. Axl replaced Finck with Buckethead, but then Finck returned and Axl didn't want to lose any of them, so it turned into a three guitar band.

what!?

I think Tommy Stinson's take is closer to the truth:

Tommy: (laughs) You know, [DJ] called me up on the phone and told me that he was gonna quit, you know, and this that and the other thing. I just kinda got to thinking … it was funny that he made such a big deal about it because there wasn’t really anything going on. He seemed like it was kind of inevitable that there was going to be a reunion happening, so I think he…I don’t know if he (laughs) tried to get in front of the curve to, you know, drum up some extra fucking press for himself. I don’t really know what the deal was, but I thought it odd. I thought it an odd time to make a big stink about quitting, you know?

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2017/arcint2017/interview-with-tommy-stinson-of-bash-pop/

1 minute ago, Frankfurt93 said:

what!?

See related topic:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/224581-slash-and-paul-huge/?do=findComment&comment=4892658

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Having DJ in the band with Slash and Duff is both hilarious and horrifyingly. I forced myself to like the guy in the band and I was a teenager at the beginning so I thought some of his BS was cool at the time. I have a lot of good memories with the 09-14 lineup, and he was a part of that

Dude is atrocious, though. He is a tacky, show boating, hack that puts out horrendous music now. I really enjoyed his 2 latest songs because they make me laugh. Some of the worst music I have heard in a long time, with videos to match

It might be a blessing in disguise ChiDem2 didn’t come out, as there’s no way he is good enough to be on studio released GNR music

I have a hard time with Fortus in the band with his showboating etc, no way I could've been ok with DJ.

• Like 2