Search "Hard Skool" on Spotify and GnR comes up (NOT THE SONG)

6 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

If you search "Hard Skool"  "Hard School" or "HardSchool" The number one result is "Shadow of your love"

"HardSkool" without the space brings up nothing.

This is interesting as fuck, Spotify isn't Google and it doesn't work like Google... It's not showing up in there because people searched for Gun's N Roses Hard Skool.  Something else is at work. 

I found that fascinating.  This is a smoking gun imo.

I don't know a ton about how this stuff works, but I know that people who DO spoil releases on Steam prior to announcements because they can see shit uploaded in preparation.   I'm hoping this is the same sort of thing, some kind of tags or pre-uploaded/pre-release stuff is giving away the game.

Interesting find, hope you're right. Everybody seems super focussed on Hardschool. And honestly, I get that. I'm excited to hear it too, especially since the re-worked Absurd/Silkworms turned out much better than I expected. BUT if this bullshit isn't leading to a whole album some time soon I'd still be super pissed off. GnR fans are getting super excited over a few breadcrumbs while GnR still has a whole fucking bakery in the vaults. In typical GnR fashion they're working at a downright glacial pace and for me another song leading to nothing just isn't enough to stop saying "fuck these guys". They're the single most frustrating band in the history of music. The most exciting GnR thing that became available since UYI is still The Village Sessions, and GnR didn't release that. 

38 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Knowing how Spotify works, this means the song is already in their system and set for release on a specific date in the not too far future.

I don't know how Spotify works or if this means anything at all, but I sure approve of MAXIMUM HYPE! 

The emotional rollercoaster is what makes being a fan exciting. 😜

1 minute ago, lilacmess said:

I don't know how Spotify works or if this means anything at all, but I sure approve of MAXIMUM HYPE! 

The emotional rollercoaster is what makes being a fan exciting. 😜

Not too hyped about Absurd or Hard School, if these end up on a possible album release of say roundabout 12 songs, that's already two tracks wasted imo. But I do appreciate them releasing at least something.

Slight chance of an album being named Hard School and except for the title track having only brandnew songs we have never heard of? I doubt it. But that would be quite a nice surprise.

7 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

FWIW, sono in Italia e non ho l'app Spotify sul mio telefono, la uso solo dal mio computer desktop e ho un abbonamento. Se cerco la canzone, qualunque sia l'ortografia che provo per il titolo, i GNR non vengono visualizzati qui.

The same here. I'm italian too

9 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Ciao! :LOL:Mi chiedo se il risultato è correlato alla posizione degli utenti o se stanno utilizzando un'app desktop o mobile

I think it depends on the country in which you do the research. For example, as suggested above, I also searched for Silkworm and it associates it with GnR.

2 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Ci ho provato anch'io e, stranamente, ottengo GNR se cerco "Baco da seta" e non se cerco "Baco da seta". Oh beh, ci vorranno due lunghissimi giorni prima che arrivi venerdì sera :D

I can't wait 🤞 Then, for us in Italy it will be a bit longer to wait.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, klakly said:

I can't wait 🤞 Then, for us in Italy it will be a bit longer to wait.

I'm not working saturday morning, so I might try to follow the live streams as long as I can keep my eyes open. Worst case, if nothing happens, at least I enjoyed some live GNR, which is always a good thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Non lavoro sabato mattina, quindi potrei provare a seguire i live streaming finché riesco a tenere gli occhi aperti. Nel peggiore dei casi, se non succede nulla, almeno mi sono goduto un po' di GNR dal vivo, che è sempre una buona cosa.

The concert in Chicago is Thursday night. For us it would be early Friday morning.

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is the Chicago/Hard Skool speculation purely based on the fact it's a Thursday, with a sprinkling of 'someone in the internet said soon is the word'? 

People seem to have really run with this one......

I guess it's that combined with a couple of other things: that it's been over a month since the release of Absurd, that Absurd has been unpinned from the band's social media (so they don't promote it as the "new" song anymore), what Fernando said, plus the Spotify search thing.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

If you search "Hard Skool"  "Hard School" or "HardSchool" The number one result is "Shadow of your love"

"HardSkool" without the space brings up nothing.

This is interesting as fuck, Spotify isn't Google and it doesn't work like Google... It's not showing up in there because people searched for Gun's N Roses Hard Skool.  Something else is at work. 

I found that fascinating.  This is a smoking gun imo.

I don't know a ton about how this stuff works, but I know that people who DO spoil releases on Steam prior to announcements because they can see shit uploaded in preparation.   I'm hoping this is the same sort of thing, some kind of tags or pre-uploaded/pre-release stuff is giving away the game.

Ok I tried it. It doesn't exactly bring up GNR as an artist but there are playlists associated with GNR.

That's because people (mostly GNR fans) have created playlists with the title Hard School or Hardschool.

So the AI thing might suggest GNR. It's nothing special.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is the Chicago/Hard Skool speculation purely based on the fact it's a Thursday, with a sprinkling of 'someone in the internet said soon is the word'? 

People seem to have really run with this one......

and it shows up on Spotify... at least sometimes... for some... who don't live in Canada

maybe-all-of-these-are-signs-signs.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess it's that combined with a couple of other things: that it's been over a month since the release of Absurd, that Absurd has been unpinned from the band's social media (so they don't promote it as the "new" song anymore), what Fernando said, plus the Spotify search thing.

Plus then there was this setlist photo posted on GnR official social media account asking if they should add something. It's coming boys and girls. And it's coming this week.