Search "Hard Skool" on Spotify and GnR comes up (NOT THE SONG)

worked for me on Spotify in the US.  I also typed in Perhaps, Eye on You, Atlas shrugged and GNR didn't show up at all in the results. 

I don't have the balls to type "Just a friend" bc I'm so scared that Axl covered that and will release it as the next song..........lol

• Haha 1

I don't buy it. This is in the same territory as the analysis of the reflection on a water bottle from GNR rehearsal back in March 2016 trying to "see" who's in the band. As long as no one knows exactly how the Spotify search engine works this is bogus IMO. What if it really has elements of google search in it?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I don't know. I think if Spotify search worked similarly to Google search, then it would appear to anyone who has created GnR playlists on Spotify regardless of country. But it seems it happens only with Spotify US, although the "news" about HS has made the rounds in media outlets all over the world.

I am in Canada. If I put " Hard Sk" gnr is the 2nd result( the band not soyl) but if I add any other letters or remove any "hard s" or " hard sko" then GNR goes away. 

Silkworms brings up Absurd first then GNR with Absurds cover art

Edited by Pskihq92
Typo
  • Like 1

I personally don't think it means much. Could just be that Spotify uses some data from search engines in its search. Also as someone else said there could be playlists titled Hard Skool with GNR tracks in them, although you'd think they would be the first thing to come up if that's the case. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get something soon lol. 

Also it doesn't actually work for me haha. 

Edited by Jw224

1 hour ago, betterman said:

So everybody in US gets GNR when typing "hard school", but not any in rest of the world??

Spotify maybe one company, but it operates within individual countries and regions differently.  As do all streaming services.  Content licensing is often region specific.  This is less so with music. 

The issue either has to do with GNR/Universal not having got things rolling in your specific country (say, Canada) or enough people in that region are searching "Hardschool + GNR" in a given country that Spotify's algorithms are limiting the results for that particular country.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Guys, typed in 'absurd' into the Spotify search function and it showed:

1 Absurd . Song

2 Absurd . Album

:wow::wow:

Please someone who knows how this works will elaborate?

I'm EXCITED!

It just shows the song as release on a self titled album. Been like that since it released 

• Thanks 1

I mean... it's there for us in the USA. I think it's clearly in the database, just not hit its release date yet. Not sure why that's not realistic. They've soundchecked the song and we've seen the stage screen graphics of "Hard Skool". It's obviously coming at some point. You can doubt it based on no proof other than it's not released yet.

19 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I mean... it's there for us in the USA. I think it's clearly in the database, just not hit its release date yet. Not sure why that's not realistic. They've soundchecked the song and we've seen the stage screen graphics of "Hard Skool". It's obviously coming at some point. You can doubt it based on no proof other than it's not released yet.

Can you check if "Hard School" also lists GNR? That would debunk this theory, or confirm it. If "Hard School" also gives a result for GNR then that's proof to me that spotifys search engine functions like the google one, since "Hard School" would not be in the database.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Can you check if "Hard School" also lists GNR? That would debunk this theory, or confirm it. If "Hard School" also gives a result for GNR then that's proof to me that spotifys search engine functions like the google one, since "Hard School" would not be in the database.

I just tried "Hard School". It will list Shadow but not GN'R whereas searching for Hard Skool lists both

Edited by Gibson87
  • Like 1