Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

16 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I got an email from Target stores. They are saying how they are paying their workers overtime to clean all their stores and we shouldn't worry about shopping there.

Honestly, I usually buy stuff from Target online. But it was cool to get this email from their President to let their customers know they are trying to contain this virus.

That's marketing or PR nonsense.   You can clean the store before opening, but all it takes is one sick person to cough on a given shelf or in a checkout line to have others infected.  

-------------------------------------------------

The World Health Organization finally got around to labeling the outbreak a pandemic.  

6 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

Ye I saw the update after my post. But I noticed the same with handshakes. What I don't get is that they suggested to bump elbows instead :facepalm::lol: Imagine how ridiculous everyone would look.

Someone actually tried to do that with me today, I'm not kidding... I wanted to punch her, but I refrained and instead smiled politely and waved... god, I hate myself, I'm such a phony.

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Someone actually tried to do that with me today, I'm not kidding... I wanted to punch her, but I refrained and instead smiled politely and waved... god, I hate myself, I'm such a phony.

Hahaha oh man I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face. How can we take this serious if this is what we get reduced to :lol: 

• Like 1

My company just announced that we are going all-virtual for a month, starting tomorrow. My brother’s university is doing the same, also starting tomorrow.

My friend has a heated barn out in the middle of the woods with internet and a built-in movie theater with a giant 4K screen and 5.1 surround sound. He says I can crash there if I want to. I’ll probably spend my time there working on a new album, and some books I’ve been writing. Make the most out of a shitty situation, I guess.

Stay safe, everyone!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’ve been using the shower hose. :lol: 

Speaking of your backside, are you really sure you weren't a victim of Sinaga the serial bummer? You after all are often incapacitated in strange circumstances whilst on the piss in Manchester. 

You are never going to know for sure, are you?

• Haha 1

Over the last couple of days I’ve been feeling chilly and dizzy and queasy and have had a painful headache. No cough or cold yet, tho.

I think it’s just a combo of lack of sleep and stress from this whole situation. The announcement today at work saying that we have to be remote for a month is really hitting me hard, I suppose. Didn’t realize just how “real” this thing is until it impacted me directly.

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Over the last couple of days I’ve been feeling chilly and dizzy and queasy and have had a painful headache. No cough or cold yet, tho.

I think it’s just a combo of lack of sleep and stress from this whole situation. The announcement today at work saying that we have to be remote for a month is really hitting me hard, I suppose. Didn’t realize just how “real” this thing is until it impacted me directly.

We had our first case in my city today and I can totally relate to how much more real it feels now. And dude contracted it at an international conference that our Prime Minister spoke at, so that doesnt exactly fill me with confidence in the PMs decision making either! 

I hope that living and working from the barn in the woods you mentioned will help you get caught up on sleep and feeling better. And I hope that focusing on your writing will help relieve the stress. Stress really can wear one down and give the symptoms you describe. For me, I was at home when I started to feel cold and achy so of course I get this sinking feeling that I have the virus... turns out I just forgot to close my window and its winter here :lol:

Anyways, we're all in this thing together. That barn sounds dope. Enjoy it and stay well! :headbang:

9 minutes ago, soon said:

We had our first case in my city today and I can totally relate to how much more real it feels now. And dude contracted it at an international conference that our Prime Minister spoke at, so that doesnt exactly fill me with confidence in the PMs decision making either! 

I hope that living and working from the barn in the woods you mentioned will help you get caught up on sleep and feeling better. And I hope that focusing on your writing will help relieve the stress. Stress really can wear one down and give the symptoms you describe. For me, I was at home when I started to feel cold and achy so of course I get this sinking feeling that I have the virus... turns out I just forgot to close my window and its winter here :lol:

Anyways, we're all in this thing together. That barn sounds dope. Enjoy it and stay well! :headbang:

Thanks! I’ll let you all know on here how it goes. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Speaking of your backside, are you really sure you weren't a victim of Sinaga the serial bummer? You after all are often incapacitated in strange circumstances whilst on the piss in Manchester. 

You are never going to know for sure, are you?

Having not had a poke up the ol’ Khyber I can’t be too sure but I have it on good authority that you know about it the morning after :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Having not had a poke up the ol’ Khyber I can’t be too sure

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I have it on good authority that you know about it the morning after :lol: 

(Dazey upon waking up) ''I must have been off my tits to be shoving garlic sauce up my anus in this nice Indonesian chap's apartment''.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Ha ha ha, Trump reading from teleprompter.  My 3rd grader could do it better.

Well who cares really, I think it was the message that was important here. And that message being, 'this is pretty damn serious.'

(and now I'm gonna head out to buy toilet paper tomorrow, if you can't beat 'em join 'em :lol:)