Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

@downzy I find myself in a very similar situation (minus feeling sick really) but my daughter is a bit younger than yours. The priority would be for her not to get sick but I just see how that would be possible if I already have it (which I dont think I do). I have been feeling slightly off since the time change but that's about it.

Yeah the time change doesn’t help. I always feel off for a week whenever that happens. The combo of that and the stress of this other stuff really took a toll on me the past week, but I don’t think I actually have the illness, thankfully.

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

From whence it will be known as MyGurnerForum :lol: 

Its gonna be called MyFuckinForumYouCunts! :lol:  We’re gonna have Take the Piss sections for all GnR members, football and boxing sections, rant aimlessly about society section, a drinking section, a drugs section, a decent fuckin’ music section, a films that i like section, a swan shagging section and a pervie section!  I seperated swan shagging from pervie there, dunno why :lol:  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

@downzy I find myself in a very similar situation (minus feeling sick really) but my daughter is a bit younger than yours. The priority would be for her not to get sick but I just see how that would be possible if I already have it (which I dont think I do). I have been feeling slightly off since the time change but that's about it.

Yes, the fucking senselessness of moving clocks around has thrown a lot of people off.  It definitely had an effect on me and I was dealing with a cold last weekend.  

I started feeling fine by Tuesday but then these symptoms started to come on late Wednesday night.  I must admit that I might have been a bit careless this week as I didn't expect it to reach where I live so soon, but there's something like 5 to 7 confirmed cases in my area as of this morning.  I have a set schedule of taking my daughter to the local pool for swims, the butterfly conservatory, city library, and the local museum for the past couple of weeks.  So it's not out of realm of possibility that she and I could have picked it up at some point.  

I'm staying in for the most part because people can't take a sneeze or a cough right now and I'm done showing my meds and methods for a simple chronic cold.

Bitch I need to steam 1-2 times a week to clear my damn sinuses.

44 minutes ago, downzy said:

I'm self isolating myself as I'm showing some symptoms.  They're mostly mild as of now and have been for the last 24 hours.  I may not have it but if I do hopefully this is the worst of it and I'll be better in a few days.  Better to be safe than sorry.  

You should be fine if you handle it that way, get well soon man.

Edited by UcudBmine

44 minutes ago, downzy said:

I'm self isolating myself as I'm showing some symptoms.  They're mostly mild as of now and have been for the last 24 hours.  I may not have it but if I do hopefully this is the worst of it and I'll be better in a few days.  Better to be safe than sorry.  

Shit buddy! All the best to you and yours etc*. :) 

* serious post quota for 2020 completed. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

Womens World Curling Championship is cancelled. The Juno Awards are cancelled. Basically, everything good is gone :( 

Heres an overview of the world of professional sports,

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/coronavirus-sports-march-12-1.5495042

This is cool, though. An NBA player has pledged $100 000 to support arena workers at his home court who are loosing their income from the season being suspended,

Spoiler

Cavaliers star forward Kevin Love is committing $100,000 US toward helping arena workers in Cleveland who were impacted by the shutdown due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Love announced his intentions to make the donation through the Kevin Love Fund on Instagram.

Love, who has been very open about his struggles with anxiety, said he appreciates how the outbreak can be "extremely overwhelming" to people and that the suspension of the NBA season has caused a "sudden life shift" for workers at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse — home of the Cavs.

The team announced plans to financially help staff during the interruption.

Earlier, arena CEO Len Komorwski said despite the cancellation of the Mid-American Conference tournament that employees will be paid as if the event was held.

(from the above linked article)

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

Bolsonaro tested positive.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, at least the virus gets something right.

Bolsonaro just spent a week with Trump in the US. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Which shows how different our morals(or lack of) are

I don’t wish a deadly disease on anyone because karma is real

If Karma was real both of those motherfuckers would be riddled by now. :lol:  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

If Karma was real both of those motherfuckers would be riddled by now. :lol:  

Karma is real and this disease is nothing to joke about as people are dying

if you wish a deadly disease on someone. You have no morals and karma will come back to you and wishing harm on someone simply because you have a different political view is absolutely disgusting

Edited by Gibsonfender2323