Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

34 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The number of cases isn’t expected to peak for at least another month from what I’ve been reading. Settle in folks, this isn’t going to be over any time soon.

I’m glad I have hobbies like music and writing to keep me motivated during this long period of time where I’ll be holed up indoors.

I built out an excel chart to help me keep track of all my different short story ideas that I’ll be compiling into four different anthology collections (one collection per genre). Gonna try to work on at least one story entry a day, for the most part.

Then there’s also my new album (it’ll be my fourth full-length LP). Still just in the very early writing stages of that, and probably won’t be recording anytime soon, but if what you’re saying is true that this is gonna be long term, then I guess I’m in no need to rush.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, downzy said:

I've read that if you can take a deep breath and hold it to 10 without coughing you're almost certain not to have it, or at least, not severe enough to worry about it.

This was a hoax. Been in the news here. 

• Like 1

shops closing as of tomorrow. Schools too. elder care centers too.

Good.

I'm driving around, seeing all these notice board on shops, everything eerily deserted. Yesterday, massive queues in shopping mall, everyone hamstering food. Me too. I was the only one with a mask, hidden beneath my scarf. Absolute madness.

So this  is what it feels like to take part in a disaster movie... Ok, it sucks. The stand was more entertaining than experiencing it in real life :lol:

Edited by action

There's a press conference by our chancellor at noon, but it looks like Austria is also shutting down everything completely, from tomorrow? or more likely Monday on, all shops (except food and pharmacies) and all restaurants are closed. 

Edited by EricA

If people do start avoiding gatherings and self isolating its gonna be great for tea leafs, sort of like the Blitz, they just ran wild, although the fact that a lot of places were bombed out probably helped.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm about 70% convinced I have the bugger. 

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not had the cough so much though. More sinuses for me. All the symptoms online seem to vary. 

OMG, HE'S GOT THE CORONA AIDS, QUICK, PAINT A YELLOW X ON HIS DOOR AND MAKE HIM RING A BELL EVERYWHERE HE GOES SHOUTING 'UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN!' :lol:  Nah, I hope you're alright mate.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think the number of confirmed infected have been a thorough ruse, a blind alley. It has obviously been much higher and for much longer prevalent.

Well not really. Confirmed infected is just that, the number who have been tested and confirmed to have contracted the virus. The real number is likely 10-20 times greater as was clarified at the press conference yesterday. I don't think we're being misled. 

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, another one with the Coronies!  Times like this I wish I had a shotgun!

I don't even think I have it :lol: bit of a sore throat and a mild cough and everyone was like "OMG DON'T COME IN!!!!@!!!!@11" 

I offered to do what work I can from here and my senior vet told me she doesn't want me working if I'm sick :shrugs: so Netflix!

I'm self isolating myself as I'm showing some symptoms.  They're mostly mild as of now and have been for the last 24 hours.  I may not have it but if I do hopefully this is the worst of it and I'll be better in a few days.  Better to be safe than sorry.  

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

I'm self isolating myself as I'm showing some symptoms.  They're mostly mild as of now and have been for the last 24 hours.  I may not have it but if I do hopefully this is the worst of it and I'll be better in a few days.  Better to be safe than sorry.  

Hope you dont have it. What does that look like from your end? Are you living alone? Staying in the basement away from family? Etc...

6 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Hope you dont have it. What does that look like from your end? Are you living alone? Staying in the basement away from family? Etc...

Thanks.  If this is all it is then I kind of hope I do have it and build up an immunity.  

Currently feeling tightness in my chest, a small cough, and general aches, nausea, fatigue, and weariness.  So far no shortness of breath and no fever.  I've already dealt with Norovirus and influenza in January which were way worse.  Again, I might not have it, but protecting myself and others just in case.

I live with my wife and daughter in a detached house.  I work from home and have been looking after my two year old while my wife works for an insurance company about an hour away.  She's staying home today to look after our daughter while I keep myself confined in our bedroom with my laptop.  We thankfully stocked up on supplies last week.  Unfortunately my wife is saying she now feels slight compression in her chest as well so I'm hoping with me being two days ahead that if we do have it I can take over for her if she starts feeling worse and needs some rest.   My kid has been sick all week, but mostly with cold symptoms.  She likely has the same thing as me but showing now signs of fatigue or any difference in her disposition.  Thankfully this doesn't seem to be hitting kids as hard as adults so I'm not super concerned about her.  Fingers crossed.  

It's important to remind ourselves that 80 percent of those who contract the virus will not need medical attention and can ride out the infection at home.  Important is to do everything you can to protect others.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, downzy said:

Who will take over this forum if you die?

• Haha 3

@downzy I find myself in a very similar situation (minus feeling sick really) but my daughter is a bit younger than yours. The priority would be for her not to get sick but I just don't see how that would be possible if I already have it (which I dont think I do). I have been feeling slightly off since the time change but that's about it.

Furthermore, there doesnt seem to be an outbreak in the east end of Toronto but everyone are going bananas since the NBA suspended the season.

Edited by Coma16