Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

Norway has stopped testing some people now. If you have mild symptoms you are not getting a test but should go in home isolation. I suppose it is because tests are getting scarce or because health personnel must stay at hospitals to deal with everybody who is in intensive care.

Talks about closing our borders.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Norway has stopped testing some people now. If you have mild symptoms you are not getting a test but should go in home isolation. I suppose it is because tests are getting scarce or because health personnel must stay at hospitals to deal with everybody who is in intensive care.

Talks about closing our borders.

Yeah, tests have been scarce here for a week, I think. And they said it was a worldwide problem.

I heard Norway was kicking out tourists and only letting Norwegians coming from abroad in if they self quarantaine for two weeks?

What I find thoroughly weird is that Norway, Denmark en to a lesser degree Finland are taking harsh measures, but Sweden is basically doing nothing except for banning gathering of over 500 people and some economic measures. They seem more to have the UK approach.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, tests have been scarce here for a week, I think. And they said it was a worldwide problem.

I heard Norway was kicking out tourists and only letting Norwegians coming from abroad in if they self quarantaine for two weeks?

What I find thoroughly weird is that Norway, Denmark en to a lesser degree Finland are taking harsh measures, but Sweden is basically doing nothing except for banning gathering of over 500 people and some economic measures. They seem more to have the UK approach.

I don't think we are kicking out tourists, but we are about to close the borders to foreigners.

Hopefully we will learn a lot from this ordeal, and how different countries take different approaches, so we are better equipped for the next pandemic.

Most eyes go towards South Korea now, and how they have succeeded in dealing with it. They started out pretty similar to Italy, but the progress of the disease in these countries, and number of deaths, have been very different.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think we are kicking out tourists, but we are about to close the borders to foreigners.

Hopefully we will learn a lot from this ordeal, and how different countries take different approaches, so we are better equipped for the next pandemic.

Most eyes go towards South Korea now, and how they have succeeded in dealing with it. They started out pretty similar to Italy, but the progress of the disease in these countries, and number of deaths, have been very different.

Yeah, I hope we're all doing enough to prevent Italian situations. Now the people have to prove they take things seriously and can put aside their own selfish needs and wishes and show some solidarity with the weaker people and people in health care, really.

Reactions are mixed. On social media you see lots of people starting up actions to go grocery shopping for elderly neighbours or to have a call with them or something. So that's nice. But then theere's been some fighting in supermarkets where people are trying to buy up all the pasta, rice and toiletpaper. Makes me feel ashamed for them, how low can you go? So let's see which side will prevail.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Yeah, I hope we're all doing enough to prevent Italian situations. Now the people have to prove they take things seriously and can put aside their own selfish needs and wishes and show some solidarity with the weaker people and people in health care, really.

Reactions are mixed. On social media you see lots of people starting up actions to go grocery shopping for elderly neighbours or to have a call with them or something. So that's nice. But then theere's been some fighting in supermarkets where people are trying to buy up all the pasta, rice and toiletpaper. Makes me feel ashamed for them, how low can you go? So let's see which side will prevail.

I see a lot of encouraging solidarism here in Norway too. People are really trying to help each other out. People coming together, what a beautiful thing. Too bad it needs to be induced through a time of hardship.

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

If there needs to be around 70% of people to catch the virus to develop herd immunity why not get people who are up for volunterilally catching it to get injected with a dose. I'd definately be up for taking one. Nice strong dose doc do your worst.

I saw you could earn a lot of money a few days ago if you would voluntarily be infected, for a study, somewhere in London.

It's difficult in the UK to know what to do for the best. Apart from large events everything is just continuing as normal. I stopped my husband from taking our youngest to swimming club last night because I figured him (Dad) sat with a load of other adults in uncomfortable humid temperatures probably wasn't ideal and he's over 50 with asthma.

Today youngest has a hobby class this morning and a kids party this evening, I could keep him away (to much protest I imagine) but he'll be mixing with all the same kids come Monday morning at school, just as he has done all week.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, action said:

are you doing ok, Diesel? How's your cough?

I had fever and sinus problems. Not so much a cough which is why I am about 70% it wasn't the corona bug as, from reading about the symptoms, cough (lower respiratory) seems to dominate among the symptoms. I have spent the entire time lying in bed re-watching Star Trek: Voyager

PS

I didn't get the aches and pains either, which some sufferers describe.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I had fever and sinus problems. Not so much a cough which is why I am about 70% it wasn't the corona bug as, from reading about the symptoms, cough (lower respiratory) seems to dominate among the symptoms. I have spent the entire time lying in bed re-watching Star Trek: Voyager

PS

I didn't get the aches and pains either, which some sufferers describe.

I'm havin a creepy feeling in my chest. hard to describe. I don't have breathing problems or anything like that. More a sense of fear. I'm not even sure I feel anything at all, and wether its just in my head

4 minutes ago, action said:

I'm havin a creepy feeling in my chest. hard to describe. I don't have breathing problems or anything like that. More a sense of fear. I'm not even sure I feel anything at all, and wether its just in my head

Medically, that is what is commonly known as 'shitting it' :lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

My hands were shaking a bit this morning but it was nothing a couple of beers couldn't take care of.

Getting more and more annoyed by this mass hysteria, though.

Same, I had to check 3 stores for fucking cat litter. And I'm wiping my ass with toiletpaper made of gold leaf because the cheap bastards are filling their bomb shelters with the cheap stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, EvanG said:

My hands were shaking a bit this morning but it was nothing a couple of beers couldn't take care of.

Coronavirus is the least of your problems mate :lol:

13 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

Same, I had to check 3 stores for fucking cat litter. And I'm wiping my ass with toiletpaper made of gold leaf because the cheap bastards are filling their bomb shelters with the cheap stuff.

Look on the brightside, a slight chink in that bomb shelters reinforcing and the whole shithouse will go up in flames, to quote some mad alcoholic :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

15 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

What is this obsession with toilet paper? :huh: I don't get why people suddenly think they need to stockpile hundreds of rolls because they *might* have to spend a week or two in their house.  How much do these people shit!?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

What is this obsession with toilet paper? :huh: I don't get why people suddenly think they need to stockpile hundreds of rolls because they *might* have to spend a week or two in their house.  How much do these people shit!?

You clearly don’t have a five year old who uses ten rolls to take a piss. :lol: