Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

11 minutes ago, username said:

Personally, no. But I'd hate to see my parents get infected or something. That's much more worrying to me than getting it myself. 

Same. My mother has been having trouble getting over being sick the last few times she has got sick - Something like this i don't know.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't mind a bit of self-isolation with his wife.

My husband has a bad cough and is self isolating. The guidelines say that we can  not be within a couple of metres from each other. This is distinctly not what I had in mind. 

It also means I'm doing the parenting alone for a week. Bah! 

I have been getting emails from my bank and restaurants around the Dallas area regarding the virus and how they are doing extra cleaning to help keep their places open and keep us all safe. It's nice for them to take the time and let us know.

I have been a little scared to eat out lately.

There was supposed to be the first concert in the new Globe life stadium (Ranger's stadium), but it's been cancelled. I have the Motley Crue and GNR concerts there this summer. I know it sounds stupid to want to see my concerts, but I can't believe how sports have been cancelled and flights around the world. I have never remembered any virus making everyone take such strict percussions to contain a disease before. It's very scary, but good that everyone is doing what they can to help out.

One doctor was answering questions on the news and he said this virus might be around for months before they can find a cure or even contain it. So damn scary to know how easily our lives can be disrupted and possibly kill a lot of people.

Stay well people.

3 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Same. My mother has been having trouble getting over being sick the last few times she has got sick - Something like this i don't know.

I hope you and your mom and family will stay well. I know I worry about my parents too even though they are healthy. You just never know?

• Thanks 1

I go to a trade school in Ohio, and hoping that doesn't get cancelled for a few weeks cause I'm done in a month and a half. Anyways saw my landlord today he bought disinfectant wipes for everybody in the building. Hoping this shit gets contained, stay safe everybody.

Interesting article on various projections and how bad this could all get.  It's lengthy, but a good read:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

This is what you can conclude:

There will be some other external factors that will influence the fatality rate

Excluding these, countries that are prepared will see a fatality rate of ~0.5% (South Korea) to 0.9% (rest of China).

Countries that are overwhelmed will have a fatality rate between ~3%-5%

Put in another way: Countries that act fast can reduce the number of deaths by ten. And that’s just counting the fatality rate. Acting fast also drastically reduces the cases, making this even more of a no-brainer.

4 hours ago, action said:

This is Bolsonaro's communication guy (very retarded, btw), he is now with COVID-19 and might spreaded it for Bolsonaro and Trump. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Not had the cough so much though. More sinuses for me. All the symptoms online seem to vary. 

I've read that if you can take a deep breath and hold it to 10 without coughing you're almost certain not to have it, or at least, not severe enough to worry about it.

I'm wondering how much the psychosomatic effect will take effect.  There are very few cases where I live but I feel like my head is playing tricks on me.  I just got over a cold last week and now I feel as though my chest if heavy.  I have no problems breathing but have a slight cough.  I'm also tired from looking after my very active two year old all day, all week, so that's probably the main cause.  

Anyway, hope everyone stays safe.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

I've read that if you can take a deep breath and hold it to 10 without coughing you're almost certain not to have it, or at least, not severe enough to worry about it.

I'm wondering how much the psychosomatic effect will take effect.  There are very few cases where I live but I feel like my head is playing tricks on me.  I just got over a cold last week and now I feel as though my chest if heavy.  I have no problems breathing but have a slight cough.  I'm also tired from looking after my very active two year old all day, all week, so that's probably the main cause.  

Anyway, hope everyone stays safe.  

The cough seems the one common denominator and I don't have that so maybe I don't have it. I probably have seasonal flu then. I am paranoid. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The cough seems the one common denominator and I don't have that so maybe I don't have it. I probably have seasonal flu then. I am paranoid. 

I think everybody's paranoid. Here in Ohio they closed school's (k-12) for 3 weeks, and the governor says atleast 100,000 people have it which seems kinda bullshit to me but you never know.

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

I think everybody's paranoid. Here in Ohio they closed school's (k-12) for 3 weeks, and the governor says atleast 100,000 people have it which seems kinda bullshit to me but you never know.

They've just done the same in Ontario. It's been a mess of a school year already with striking in the province.

14 minutes ago, James Bond said:

They've just done the same in Ontario. It's been a mess of a school year already with striking in the province.

I also see it lasting longer than two weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if kids aren’t back in classrooms by the end of April, if not longer. 

1 minute ago, downzy said:

I also see it lasting longer than two weeks. I wouldn’t be surprised if kids aren’t back in classrooms by the end of April, if not longer. 

Coincidentally I was just plotting out my vacation days at work yesterday. It looks like I'll just be taking some time off with my daughter if they do indeed keep schools closed longer.