UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

23 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Oh, I guess anything related to "it will be released" and "we'll be waiting forever" was everywhere in this forum.

The question is: is "the general" a good song or just an overrated myth?

The latter for sure. For it to meet 20 years of built up expectations??? Extremely doubtful imo

• Sad 1

Another thing I've just remembered.

Didn't Slash said that the UYI Boxset would feature the '89 Las Vegas concert that was later corrected for the '92 Las Vegas concert (the same for the "Yesterdays" AMAs live video)?

If so, wasn't this the same concert for LIVE ERA's Nightrain, Yesterdays, Rocket Queen and Paradise City?

Why bother to release something we already have?

41 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Another thing I've just remembered.

Didn't Slash said that the UYI Boxset would feature the '89 Las Vegas concert that was later corrected for the '92 Las Vegas concert (the same for the "Yesterdays" AMAs live video)?

If so, wasn't this the same concert for LIVE ERA's Nightrain, Yesterdays, Rocket Queen and Paradise City?

Why bother to release something we already have?

bc we don t have that concert, and live era is truly a frankestein idk if you r talking about the  recopilation of videos of those songs like in "wttj live era" or if you r talking about the studio record in wich case is re-recorded for axl in "chinese times".

On 8/8/2022 at 3:30 PM, Legendador said:

Slash said, Fernando said, Fortus said, Susan said, but soon is the word.

As Axl said once in this forum: "live your lives and don't keep on waiting on the band to be happy".

To be fair, it's possible to live a very happy life and be a fan of this band. Even as a big fan, at this point I probably only spend 1 to 2 hours a week listening and reading any news about Guns.

In that 1 to 2 hours though, occasionally I will moan about the band's failure to release anything cool for many many years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2022 at 7:13 PM, darkside259 said:

bc we don t have that concert, and live era is truly a frankestein idk if you r talking about the  recopilation of videos of those songs like in "wttj live era" or if you r talking about the studio record in wich case is re-recorded for axl in "chinese times".

The studio record.

This Metallica package has a leather jacket and was still half the price of the AFD set!

ABOUT METALLICA DELUXE EDITION

14 CDs/6 LPs/6 DVDs & SO MUCH MORE!

https://store.rhino.com/en/rhino-store/metallica-deluxe-leather-jacket-bundle/081227881405.html?fbclid=IwAR0Yih_4Vg4UeVoLCuN_HnJlhqQVGDjtGjohmWCQ1Meeetu3VWOiFrBN5zU&ad_id=23850921251360064&campaign_id=23850921251330064&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Go buy it then!

Then get a life....

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Completely unnecessary,Broham. Just showing what similar bands are offering for box sets. I can assure you,Axl will not read what you wrote and offer you a backstage pass. 

Thunderram thinks everyone who compares GNR to other bands are "entitled narcissists."

"How dare you demand that GNR do exactly what you want them to do!" :lol:He doesn't seem to grasp the tone of many posts, don't pay much attention to him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RocketTess said:

So, will there be a UYI boxset out this year? It’s way overdue (if you ask me). 

Apparently there could be some kind of announcement in the next few weeks going by the discussions a few pages back. 👍 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

What's this about? 

Basically @troccoli had a meeting with the record company recently and reckoned some announcement was gonna be happening.

The record company reached out to Troccoli for the AFD set and at the start of the UYI project because he is probably the biggest GNR collector on earth! So the fact he met recently suggests we are close.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Basically @troccoli had a meeting with the record company recently and reckoned some announcement was gonna be happening.

The record company reached out to Troccoli for the AFD set and at the start of the UYI project because he is probably the biggest GNR collector on earth! So the fact he met recently suggests we are close.

Better late than never…

On 8/19/2022 at 4:12 AM, thunderram said:

Go buy it then!

Then get a life....

To be fair to them, I don't think it is unreasonable to wish GNR did things differently on a forum meant to exchange ideas!  I certainly wish GNR did things even 1/8th like how Metallica or Pearl Jam approached giving fans tons of happiness via more musical experiences

• Like 4

15 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Better late than never…

Well….yes. 🤣 I’m really looking forward to it as UYI played a MASSIVE part in my musical path…..so I can wait. I have enough other bands to keep me entertained in the meantime. The MetallicA boxes are absolute behemoths with so much stuff to get through!

• Like 2