UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

12 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

To be honest, the get the Ritz 91 show on Blu Ray is awesome. 

The absence of demos is a major bummer. And really annoying is that you don’t even get all the tracks if you buy a deluxe bundle but would have to buy the double cds in addition. This is a(nother) fucked up rip off. 

Yeah - a bit annoying. At the very least they could add a download card I guess.

I wonder if there will be a hidden treat this time….the complete list of demos on a little USB…..that’s easy to do surely 🤣

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

Locomotive was only played a few times in total, and none of those shows are represented in any of the releases.

IIRC, Breakdown was never performed live so there was zero chance of that. Not even sure GoE was ever performed live during that era either.

According to setlist.fm they played Breakdown 2 times, Locomotive 6 times, Garden of Eden 2 times, and Coma 5 times during UYI tour.

Therefore, they could publish these too, if it is true that every concert was recorded. The quality doesn't have to be top notch. 

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

CD 30th anniversary is a long way away 

It's coming out 10 years late just like the original album

Just now, RussTCB said:

I'll stream all of the contents for sure. Probably obtain and watch the Ritz show once, maybe twice. 

At least they've finally announced it. 

Where did they announce it? I don't see anything on their FB page

I have to say this is a bit of a letdown. 

46 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

To be honest, the get the Ritz 91 show on Blu Ray is awesome. 

The absence of demos is a major bummer. And really annoying is that you don’t even get all the tracks if you buy a deluxe bundle but would have to buy the double cds in addition. This is a(nother) fucked up rip off. 

Exactly.

The only good thing about this is the Ritz 91 recording and bluray (and the Vegas one too I guess). The thing that I was most looking forward to was possibly hearing the old demos/alt mixes etc. Even those other live tracks are mostly ones we've heard before. Would've been cooler if they had included Coma from Chicago 92 and other more rare tracks like that.

I think the Saskatoon 93 video was more exciting than this.

• Like 2

All i wanted to know. A full peak GnR in high resolution, this shit is gonna be a hit on youtube, people love to watch legendary shows in modern video quality, it's the best ''time machine'' we have in real life.

The bonus disc is a Blu-ray Video of the complete Live In New York concert film, newly transferred from 35mm film prints to 4K UHD and presented in 1080p 24fps HD, in its entirety, along with audio mixed in Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround, and PCM 48kHz 24-bit stereo. The Blu-ray menu features the brand-new live music video "You Could Be Mine." This is the first-time release of any complete audio and video concerts from the Use Your Illusion era GN'R.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I have to say this is a bit of a letdown. 

Exactly.

The only good thing about this is the Ritz 91 recording and bluray (and the Vegas one too I guess). The thing that I was most looking forward to was possibly hearing the old demos/alt mixes etc. Even those other live tracks are mostly ones we've heard before. Would've been cooler if they had included Coma from Chicago 92 and other more rare tracks like that.

I think the Saskatoon 93 video was more exciting than this.

It’s more the lack of alt mixes that’s disappointing - there are loads of demos out on the net but not the Clearmountain mixes. I really did think we would get a cleaned up version of AGD too.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

They'll probably end up getting my money for the Super Deluxe CD set. The live bonus tracks on the standalone releases I'll happily just listen to elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderram said:

Locomotive was only played a few times in total, and none of those shows are represented in any of the releases.

IIRC, Breakdown was never performed live so there was zero chance of that. Not even sure GoE was ever performed live during that era either.

Breakdown was played twice live. Audio is available on the MA December 1991 bootleg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

Breakdown was played twice live. Audio is available on the MA December 1991 bootleg

I was at this show. I couldnt believe they were playing it.  This is one of my top 3 concerts I have been to in my life. I will never forget how the concrete floor was shaking. Everyone standing on their seats and ushers trying in vain to get people down. The titty show before on the screens and the girl and her boyfriend being tossed because she was hoisted up and he was fingering her for the cameras, lol.  I would love a soundboard (or the video) of this show. One of my holy grail items.

• Haha 1