UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

12 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Now that you say it, I've never seen a photo of Axl riding a bike..that fucking poser thing might be true after all

He rode a bike accross the stage during the 1988 Felt Forum show lol

EDIT: Looks like @Blackstar posted evidence hah

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2022 at 12:27 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

The director and crew didn't know when YCBM was gonna be played because GNR didnt have a set setlist, so they rolled cameras the entire time.

I don’t really buy that unless they did actually say that. They were probably hired to do the full show. Because there’s obviously more than one camera angle in the original YCBM video and they only performed the song once, so they used other parts of the show to cutaway to

1 hour ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

I don’t really buy that unless they did actually say that. They were probably hired to do the full show. Because there’s obviously more than one camera angle in the original YCBM video and they only performed the song once, so they used other parts of the show to cutaway to

They did say that but now I can't fucking remember where I read it lol, the director said something like: every band usually plays the song multiple times for a music video, but not Guns N Roses, and that they got lucky that exactly when YCBM was played they managed to get like 9 different cameras rolling from different angles. Maybe @Blackstar knows more because I really can't remember where I read about that.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He was also posing as a boxer... not sure if he ever fought a boxing game.

Come on now :lol:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WTF. Why? Just..why. SO random, who ever rode a bike across a stage at a live show?

Atleast now I know he wasn't posing as a cyclist afterall.:lol:

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Halford used to ride a Harley on stage :D

I mean, I get it that's really badass, but a BIKE? Now I wish I was alive during the 80s, this is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen LOL, really anything goes at those shows. Maybe people would stop calling him a poser if he rode a bike wearing biker shorts on stage during the 1991 shows?

20 hours ago, Draguns said:

I have to say that the most ridiculous  fashion from Axl during the UYI tour was the biker shorts. It was definitely TMI. 

Yeah especially when Axl would pair it with that like tiny vest thing, idk what it is called if it is called anything in particular lol.  But the outfit he wore at the start of the Tokyo DVD

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

He rode one on a clip from a gig in 2006/7 it was on that Gmatter site years back that someone rinsed videos off. That's where that Prostitute video came from

What Prostitute video? Please set me free from my ignorance :P

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

What Prostitute video? Please set me free from my ignorance :P

It's not a music video or anything. If I remember right GmatterTV was a site/company that made custom big screen video stuff for GN'R in the CD era. Someone found a few videos buried on there site. One of them was that bike clip i mentioned that looked like it was ripped from there big screen feed. Another was a weird video for prostitute. I think the Better music video and maybe even the 2010 gig came from there but not too sure about that ill have a root through my externals and see if I can find them.

There was also a few short videos showing a cgi design mockup for how the stage was to be set up. which included two drum kits

Edited by Shacklermyrye

What were Paris and Tokyo recorded with? It was some kind of tape, right? And not true film? 

The Brownstone from Ritz '91 is so killer... Sorum just pummeling the shit out of the intro. Sometimes he just wins you over with his donkey-kong stylings.

Axl shimmying in front of the drum riser as they build it up... ahhh I can't wait!

Edited by Ant000
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

They did say that but now I can't fucking remember where I read it lol, the director said something like: every band usually plays the song multiple times for a music video, but not Guns N Roses, and that they got lucky that exactly when YCBM was played they managed to get like 9 different cameras rolling from different angles. Maybe @Blackstar knows more because I really can't remember where I read about that.

The information is from this site, which is run by Luis Marciano, a member of the editing team:

You Could Be Mine was the first single to drop from GN’R’s 1991 Studio Album, Use Your Illusion II.  It was also a music video promo for the Mega-Movie Terminator 2-Judgment Day, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.  The video also served as an appetizer for Guns N’ Roses fans anticipating the long awaited release of the Illusion records slated to drop later in the year.  Gun’s video performance was captured during a live show at the Ritz in NYC.  The performance shoot was produced by Propaganda Films/The Foundry (Metal Music Video Division), and directed by Jean Pellerin.  The concert was shot on 16mm film, employing 9 cameras, the rest of the video was produced by Carolco Pictures.  Unlike most music video shoots, this is not a lip-sync performance to playback.  Guns N’ Roses were playing live and did not provide a Set List, so the Film Crew had no way to prepare for the near 6 minute song You Could Be Mine.  Pellerin filmed the entire concert and as luck would have it, nearly every camera rolls out at different times during the “YCBM” performance.  A lot of times bands re-take the stage and will perform a single again to get a Music Video in the can.  Not GN’R.  This was probably one of their last shows played with Izzy Stradlin’ (May 16, 1991), that was actually shot on film.  It was a raucous GN”R performance in their prime at a sold out club gig in NYC.  It was a loud, raw, high energy performance that would definitely be worth seeing again.  That film and tape is sitting in a vault somewhere.. just waiting to be edited.

Directed by Jean Pellerin/Edit Directed by Mark Racco

https://dfyproductions.com/music-videos/ 

It was posted by @WillBailey a few pages back.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The information is from this site, which is run by Luis Marciano, a member of the editing team:

You Could Be Mine was the first single to drop from GN’R’s 1991 Studio Album, Use Your Illusion II.  It was also a music video promo for the Mega-Movie Terminator 2-Judgment Day, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.  The video also served as an appetizer for Guns N’ Roses fans anticipating the long awaited release of the Illusion records slated to drop later in the year.  Gun’s video performance was captured during a live show at the Ritz in NYC.  The performance shoot was produced by Propaganda Films/The Foundry (Metal Music Video Division), and directed by Jean Pellerin.  The concert was shot on 16mm film, employing 9 cameras, the rest of the video was produced by Carolco Pictures.  Unlike most music video shoots, this is not a lip-sync performance to playback.  Guns N’ Roses were playing live and did not provide a Set List, so the Film Crew had no way to prepare for the near 6 minute song You Could Be Mine.  Pellerin filmed the entire concert and as luck would have it, nearly every camera rolls out at different times during the “YCBM” performance.  A lot of times bands re-take the stage and will perform a single again to get a Music Video in the can.  Not GN’R.  This was probably one of their last shows played with Izzy Stradlin’ (May 16, 1991), that was actually shot on film.  It was a raucous GN”R performance in their prime at a sold out club gig in NYC.  It was a loud, raw, high energy performance that would definitely be worth seeing again.  That film and tape is sitting in a vault somewhere.. just waiting to be edited.

Directed by Jean Pellerin/Edit Directed by Mark Racco

https://dfyproductions.com/music-videos/ 

It was posted by @WillBailey a few pages back.

I think the concerts shown at the Gnr photographic history are also shot film

Cool that they're releasing Ritz 91 since it's not only a great show but has a very unusual setlist with Mr Brownstone not being the second song, PC being early in the set and Jungle being the closer.

BTW seeing how he sings fast-paced tunes like Shadow & Reckless Life pretty decently nowadays imo (angry Mickey I call it) I think Axl could do a decent job if they played Perfect Crime now. The angry Mickey sounds better than the normal Mickey.

Cool that they're releasing Ritz 91 since it's not only a great show but has a very unusual setlist with Mr Brownstone not being the second song, PC being early in the set and Jungle being the closer.

BTW seeing how he sings fast-paced tunes like Shadow & Reckless Life pretty decently nowadays imo (angry Mickey I call it) I think Axl could do a decent job if they played Perfect Crime now. The angry Mickey sounds better than the normal Mickey.

• Like 1