UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

That video is just so incredible. Reminds of why I fell in love with this band and why the last couple years have been hard to be a fan. 

They were so good and talented. Slash sounds amazing. So much blues and swagger. Axl is just a 90s icon. Dude was just a total badass and everyone wanted to be him. 

I am excited for the release. Just wish it was packed with more outtakes and all of the live content was available in the box set. And the price is unreasonable 

• Like 2

Fucking great video. I'm going nuts if I'm not able to watch the whole show in blu ray quality without spending 300 bucks. 

What a band. So much energy, barely live releases. It's a shame. They have to sell this fucking blu ray separately. Everything else is just stupid and bad managing as always.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2020 at 1:06 PM, WillBailey said:

Excellent ideas here. Love the idea where they could use shows shot on film from that era (warm up gigs come to mind) to turn them into HD glorious moments.

I'm in the "no bullshit" stickers, guitar picks, rings whatever team.

My two cents about the video stuff:

- Please upgrade any show (besides Tokyo 92 obviously) like INXS did recently. Thats some dedication! Imagine that work done on Chicago 92.

- 1991 pro-shots: Inglewood is obvious. MSG might be a good pick as well (Breakdown + Locomotive!!). Saratoga could be great as well. Or Denver (YCBM as an opener!!)

- 1992 pro-shots: see above for a Chicago remaster/upgrade. All other ideas in the thread are great.

- 1993 pro-shots: Tel Aviv or Paris.

I'd rather have more video than audio but if we look at the AFD boxset its a long stretch. Oh well, lets see what comes out of this!

6 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

They listened to us on the film/warm up gig thing. ;)

Edited by WillBailey

11 hours ago, baldek said:

Honestly, this video encapsulates Guns N' Roses in the 90s. In your face, unpredictable and a complete mess. What's not to love about this? Gimme more please.

You're absolutely right , but to me it is just TOO much of mess...rock n' roll isn't about perfection at all, but to my ears this is just too much...so many errors...and the clean production reveals anything :) .At the time GNR were the biggest band in the world, and they are still my fav today...so many great songs. But live they were raw energy (which I love) and a HELL of a mess (which I...bah). In the same years I've seen Aerosmith for example...another level. BUT if I have see only one concert it will be GNR for sure...so they must be right in some way! ;)

Edited by DaveHawk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I was hoping that we would get Inglewood.

1 hour ago, WillBailey said:

Ritz 1991 makes sense for the film quality, but Inglewood would have been great indeed.

The audio from Inglewood is one of those things that should have been a given in this set. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

Wish Inglewood would be on it, I'd rather have that in Pro-shot rather than this entire box set.

Hell, I just wanna see Breakdown in any video form, fan footage, someone had to have shot the song at the venue.

That or Garden of Eden.

They should have released audio of at least a couple of live shows if they had audio of them or done a UYI Live compilation of all the songs they did during the tour. It does suck that songs like Bad Apples, the Garden, Garden of Eden, Locomotive, and Breakdown will likely never get official live releases.

14 minutes ago, mystery said:

They should have released audio of at least a couple of live shows if they had audio of them or done a UYI Live compilation of all the songs they did during the tour. It does suck that songs like Bad Apples, the Garden, Garden of Eden, Locomotive, and Breakdown will likely never get official live releases.

Bad Apples from Rio '91 is on the 2CD version of UYI I.

A compilation of live rarities would've been awesome, though. Most of the tour might not have been recorded in great quality, but a USB stick with some soundboard recordings and maybe 720p videos would've been ideal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Bad Apples from Rio '91 is on the 2CD version of UYI I.

A compilation of live rarities would've been awesome, though. Most of the tour might not have been recorded in great quality, but a USB stick with some soundboard recordings and maybe 720p videos would've been ideal.

That's good to know. I swear I saw video of it being performed at that show too but whenever I look up RIR 91 that song is absent.

8 minutes ago, mystery said:

That's good to know. I swear I saw video of it being performed at that show too but whenever I look up RIR 91 that song is absent.

There's an audio recording from the 2nd Rio show that's been around for decades, but the stupid radio host talks over most of Bad Apples. I'm looking forward to finally getting a good live recording of that song, it's definitely one of GNR's most underrated. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I was hoping that we would get Inglewood.

6 hours ago, WillBailey said:

Ritz 1991 makes sense for the film quality, but Inglewood would have been great indeed.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The audio from Inglewood is one of those things that should have been a given in this set. 

5 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

Wish Inglewood would be on it, I'd rather have that in Pro-shot rather than this entire box set.

Hell, I just wanna see Breakdown in any video form, fan footage, someone had to have shot the song at the venue.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The audio alone would've caused so many GN'R fans to buy this set. 

3 hours ago, Whisky said:

Really, Inglewood should inside this boxset. Also, i hope GNR release other gigs at streaming platforms.

19 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I thought Inglewood shows were available on YouTube as an audio...

Hasn’t a well know GNR fan cleaned up and released Inglewood? I recall seeing an extract and it was absolutely awesome quality bearing in mind it wasn’t official. The audio had been given a clean and although not perfect….it was very good.

Edited by DTJ80

7 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Apologies if this has been covered..

Am i right in thinking if you buy the main box set you still don’t get all the versions of the live tracks on the deluxe two cd version? 

(as in the Paris & London songs etc..)

Yes. You have to get both.