UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

It only took until 2022 but we finally got another GNR music video :lol:

Agree that I hope the show isn't all edited like this but I assume it is not.

On  positive note the footage for this looks AMAZING and it is cool to see the band in it's absolute sloppy prime, not perfect but that somehow adds to how great they sound. Nice to see shots of the crowd and a little that looks like rehearsal footage as well. 

Only thing baffling to me is why include this release as part of the UYI boxset? I'd have made it a separate live album + Blu-ray release, there's only so much gold in this mine.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Only thing baffling to me is why include this release as part of the UYI boxset? I'd have made it a separate live album + Blu-ray release, there's only so much gold in this mine.  

Baffling? It's deliberately included there to milk the fans who only want the Bluray so they will have to buy the entire boxset to be able to get it. You can't charge that amount for a seperate release, which will come later down the line anyway.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • GNFNR 1

I don't get it. Why use a clip show from various performances but use full performance audio from a specific show to promote a box set where it's advertised that you can see the full un-interrupted show from the night the audio was recorded? 

What's wrong with just pulling the performance from the show and posting that? 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

I don't get it. Why use a clip show from various performances but use full performance audio from a specific show to promote a box set where it's advertised that you can see the full un-interrupted show from the night the audio was recorded? 

Maybe for the people to get an idea of the cool footage that the full show contains?

• Like 2

Just now, Blackstar said:

Maybe for the people to get an idea of the cool footage that the full show contains?

nah, I don't think so. It's all footage from various shows. The blu-ray is just from one night. Unless Axl was really committed to multiple outfit changes at one show. 

9 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

TB thinks that will squeeze more money out of the fans this way.

It’s quite obvious and apparent. “Wanna see YCBM in full??? Just spend $250 you dipshit!” I forgot to throw in some cringe “f’ns”. 

• Like 1

Probably been suggested before but why not just try to recreate the music video with the upgraded source footage and use the studio version of the song? The footage seems very music video like already and it's obvious they'll likely never have the rights to the T-2 footage.

A non-Terminator 2 YCBM video sounds better than live audio with footage that's from a bunch of different performances. Save the live audio with the actual video footage for people who buy the set.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

nah, I don't think so. It's all footage from various shows. The blu-ray is just from one night. Unless Axl was really committed to multiple outfit changes at one show. 

What various shows? Maybe there's only some footage from Pantages, but I'm not so sure.

Yes, Axl wore all these (and even more) outfits at the Ritz show (or at least almost all of them).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

For me it's all very simple - as simple as it was with the AFD box set as well. Yes, it's expensive and all that, and it's bad that (for the time being) you have to buy the whole thing to get the blu-ray, and it's also a shame for the people who like to have everything in physical format. However, in this day and age, you can have access to everything without having to buy the physical product. So I'm very happy they're releasing this, because I know I'll have access to it regardless of whether I buy the box or not.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It’s literally that.

People don’t seem to understand that this is just the new “official music video” for YCBM Live (as it says on their latest tweet).

It’s essentially the Terminator video, with remastered visuals and the clips of the movie removed so they don’t have to pay royalties or whatever. It’s supposed to replace that video.

They fucked up by marketing it as a “full live performance” though. But then again, the 15 second snippet was evident of what to expect.

Obviously the Blu-ray will be just the normal concert. 

The music is live. How is it a fuck up saying 'full live performance'??? Also, this video is not meant to replace the studio video, that's just a moronic leap. Of course it reminds you of the Terminator video as it's the performance used, but you have to view the two things as separate... the way it's intended. Why the fuck would the splice in clips of T2 into the live video?? 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, dgnr said:

Yes, it was not advertised right, I was really expecting YCBM live performance. But the quality is amazing, makes you wonder about all the great Illusions tour stuff they have in the vault :ph34r:

Don't torture yourself, that vault is locked.

Unfortunately, if it didn't see the light of day with this boxset, it's more than likely not going to see release anytime soon... although, GNR doing a similar thing to Aerosmith and releasing rare shows online would be excellent... but we all just want to see the documentary

• Like 1

Having now watched the video (its been a busy day), I'm left wondering why they haven't made a bigger deal of the concert film.

This footage is golden and looks strong enough to have been a proper standalone release rather than just an added extra in a box set.

Dare I say it, but a limited cinema release would likely have been a success. 

Edited by SilverMachine
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Baffling? It's deliberately included there to milk the fans who only want the Bluray so they will have to buy the entire boxset to be able to get it. You can't charge that amount for a seperate release, which will come later down the line anyway.

Only saw the above post after posting my comment.

A box set by its very nature is a small run. A Blu-Ray / digital release for a feature length film has far more scope for a bigger margin (if money is the objective). Furthermore, an exclusive release with a streaming partner like a Netflix or Apple - which I'm convinced they could have secured with this footage, could have also pulled in bigger bucks and gathered a great deal of new interest in the band.

I really feel like they're under selling this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Uhh..hold on but since when does that seem unlikely. And especially when he knows it's being filmed? That they included film footage from other shows, of which there are like 2-3 only, is a dumb conspiracy theory lol. What would even actually be the point of mixing in footage from other shows, when you have footage of the entire show where it was played, I don't understand peoples logic sometimes.

Not a conspiracy, just trying to figure out why one performance audio clip is being used over footage of various clips with wardrobe changes from band members, different guitars etc. when the performance of the same song with the same audio is being included in the box set as part of a single show. 

I am very glad they released this. They have so much footage that they recorded during this tour. I don't love it. I will probably get a copy of all versions online. When the price comes down to something that I consider a good deal then I will buy it. I mean, I got the whole L&L version for around $200 and some change, so I know I will be able to do that with this. I am just glad that they are putting anything "semi-new" out.