UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

I finally got the chance to open the box set and watch the Ritz Blu Ray. It's awesome. The band was on fire! The audio version of this concert does not do it justice. You need to watch it! It saddened me that Axl and Slash wasted 20 years on a feud when it's clear they had and still have chemistry.  Additionally, that 91 version of GNR was much better than the 92 version. I didn't realize it before, but the 92 version became too bloated. I do like the 92 version of GNR, but it became clear as to which version of GNR was better.

One compliant that I have about the box set is that it's not accessible for someone like me that has a hand disability. I couldn't take the item out and needed help in removing and putting it back. I wish that it was much more accessible.  I'm glad that the audio version of the Ritz and Las Vegas is on Spotify. Unfortunately, I will not be able to watch the Ritz as much as I would like to. Accessibility is something that should have been thought about when they designed this, especially at this price. 

You could always put the discs in easier cases for you and just display the box :)

On 11/25/2022 at 3:55 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Did they play there in 2006? Tbh I only mentioned 2012 because they renamed the venue back to "The Ritz" for that show.

Sorry I thought you meant the whole tours, not only Ritz shows. :) Too bad they didnt play it in 2006 though!

Hopefully, thousands of the box sets will go unsold, which will force them to sell the contents of the set individually, as they did with the Locked N' Loaded set. That might be one way to obtain the Ritz blu-ray without having to pay for the entire set.

This box set is one of the larger disappointments I've experienced in my 35 years of following this band. To boot, I cancelled my order for the limited edition 4 LP set, because I was sick of getting emails stating that because of production delays, the shipping date kept getting pushed out. My guess is, they can't count to 5,000 (the number that was supposed to be produced), and took more orders for it than they could fulfill.

Welcome to the BUNGLE.

2 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Hopefully, thousands of the box sets will go unsold, which will force them to sell the contents of the set individually, as they did with the Locked N' Loaded set. That might be one way to obtain the Ritz blu-ray without having to pay for the entire set.

This box set is one of the larger disappointments I've experienced in my 35 years of following this band. To boot, I cancelled my order for the limited edition 4 LP set, because I was sick of getting emails stating that because of production delays, the shipping date kept getting pushed out. My guess is, they can't count to 5,000 (the number that was supposed to be produced), and took more orders for it than they could fulfill.

Welcome to the BUNGLE.

lol

On 11/26/2022 at 1:16 PM, Spiritual_Chaos said:

That kind of "my favorite band bias" won't hold up in court.

In my opinion it's not, because Robert Englund was involved in this music video. The band playing in the church scene from the movie and Vinnie Vincent even wearing the red and green stripes shirt and glove while soloing. And I think that stands out from other music videos with film scenes

In my opinion it's not, because Celine Dion does her performance par on the actual set. She sings the song on the Titanic. And I think that stands out from other music videos with film scenes

In my opinion it's not, because Bryan Adams and his band plays in the Sherwood Forest. Close to where the sheriff has ravaged the lands and the poor people are suffering. And I think that stands out from other music videos with film scenes

why are you mad?

7 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Welcome to the BUNGLE.

I noticed a couple days ago the coloured 4LP set was restocked on a Canadian retailer, but for $160 there's no way I'm picking these up. I don't care about the numbering or the turntable mat, they're asking $40 per disc which is crazy for a set like this.

But if any Canadians are looking for the 4LP set with free shipping, here's the link (use UD10 for 10% off) https://shop.udiscovermusic.ca/products/use-your-illusion-deluxe-boxset

edit: I should also add, that site has the 2CD deluxe editions for $25CDN, which is about $19USD, so it's a much better price than on the official GNR store ($30USD).

edit 2: For that price, I decided to get the 2CD deluxe editions. I've listened to the live tracks plenty of times since these were released, but still haven't listened to any of the remastered album tracks, so I'll play these CD's in my truck as soon as I get them.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

After a few singles that created immense anticipation, Emo supergroup LS Dunes released their debut album Past Lives . And the success was so great that the band surpassed a rock giant in the charts: simply Guns N' Roses .

The Stream N' Destroy newsletter, which compiles sales data for CD, vinyl and paid digital versions, showed the LS Dunes with 6,800 sales in the first week after launch.

The group of Axl Rose and Slash sold 3,000 copies of the recently released super deluxe version of the classic Use Your Illusion , which features 77 songs, including the remastered originals and a huge amount of live versions in New York and Las Vegas.

Note: 3.000 copies only? Jesus. 

• Wow 3

11 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

After a few singles that created immense anticipation, Emo supergroup LS Dunes released their debut album Past Lives . And the success was so great that the band surpassed a rock giant in the charts: simply Guns N' Roses .

The Stream N' Destroy newsletter, which compiles sales data for CD, vinyl and paid digital versions, showed the LS Dunes with 6,800 sales in the first week after launch.

The group of Axl Rose and Slash sold 3,000 copies of the recently released super deluxe version of the classic Use Your Illusion , which features 77 songs, including the remastered originals and a huge amount of live versions in New York and Las Vegas.

I'm surprised it was that many actually, with the re-release  not entering the Billboard 200 album charts. 

I mentioned this before, but here in the UK, th UYI reissue didn't enter the top 100 (they don't publish charts beyond that). You need around 4000 sales to enter the top 40, so presumably you could crack the top 100 with about 500 copies sold. Not good. 

Can blame bad promotion, high price, poor content, whatever you want, but the fact remains- people really didn't buy this. 

When people say 'no-one would buy a new GNR album' I've always disagreed, but after seeing this info I do wonder how much interest there is in GNR now besides a nostalgic night out for very casual fans. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm surprised it was that many actually, with the re-release  not entering the Billboard 200 album charts. 

I mentioned this before, but here in the UK, th UYI reissue didn't enter the top 100 (they don't publish charts beyond that). You need around 4000 sales to enter the top 40, so presumably you could crack the top 100 with about 500 copies sold. Not good. 

Can blame bad promotion, high price, poor content, whatever you want, but the fact remains- people really didn't buy this. 

When people say 'no-one would buy a new GNR album' I've always disagreed, but after seeing this info I do wonder how much interest there is in GNR now besides a nostalgic night out for very casual fans. 

I agree it was overpriced but I think the only product that Gn'R can make some money on as Gn'R without digitally selling audio and video of live performences of the band and merch is the tickets.

12 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Source?

EDIT: Nevermind: https://streamndestroy.substack.com/p/ls-dunes-guns-n-roses-epica

Edited by Blackstar

18 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I agree it was overpriced but I think the only product that Gn'R can make some money on as Gn'R without digitally selling audio and video of live performences of the band and merch is the tickets.

Oh undoubtedly that's the big earner now, hence why they do that and not much else. 

I've always thought of GNR to be the biggest band in the world to have so few fans. It's quite amazing really- I heard people at the NITL shows, right at the front saying Estranged must be a 'new one' and having never listened to UYI, let alone CD. Yet they're there, head to toe in merch, having paid a lot for a ticket. 

They just don't seem to have the fanbase other bands do....yet can still shift tickets relatively well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh undoubtedly that's the big earner now, hence why they do that and not much else. 

I've always thought of GNR to be the biggest band in the world to have so few fans. It's quite amazing really- I heard people at the NITL shows, right at the front saying Estranged must be a 'new one' and having never listened to UYI, let alone CD. Yet they're there, head to toe in merch, having paid a lot for a ticket. 

They just don't seem to have the fanbase other bands do....yet can still shift tickets relatively well. 

I don't know that the poor sales of the box sets mean that Gn'R don't have a large fanbase. Gn'R is a good band to be a casual fan of as well imo. Greatest Hits sold a lot of copies and 3 generations of fans often attend the shows.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I don't know that the poor sales of the box sets mean that Gn'R don't have a large fanbase. Gn'R is a good band to be a casual fan of as well imo. Greatest Hits sold a lot of copies and 3 generations of fans often attend the shows.

Yeah, I agree, but I do think they haven't got that base of very dedicated fans that others such as, say, Iron Maiden, Metallica or Pearl Jam have. 

I am surprised by quite how poorly this release has sold (especially when you factor in the 2cd versions, vinyl etc) but then UYI 2 is my favourite album of all time, by miles, and I haven't bought this yet, so perhaps people like me are the issue here! 

I will pick this up, but at a price I think is reasonable and which I know it will hit quicker than I can say 'Locked and Loaded'! 

https://streamndestroy.substack.com/p/ls-dunes-guns-n-roses-epica

I see that the standalone UYI I and II have topped the UK Rock and Metal chart:

Album Sales

CD, LP, Paid Digital 

L.S. DUNES 6800
GUNS N’ ROSES (DELUXE) 3000
EPICA (EP) 1300 
HE IS LEGEND 700 
CHELSEA GRIN 500

(Note: From what I understand, these numbers are about the UK only?).

Official Rock & Metal Albums Chart 🇬🇧

18 November 22 - 24 November 2022  

1. Guns N’ Roses, Use Your Illusion I 
  2. Guns N’ Roses, Use Your Illusion II 
  3. Foo Fighters, The Essential Foo Fighters 
  4. Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon 
  5. L.S. Dunes, Past Lives  
  6. Pink Floyd, Animals 
  7. Guns N’ Roses, Use Your Illusion (Super Deluxe) 
  8. Symposium, Do You Remember How It Was? (1996 - 1999) 
  9. Ozzy Osbourne, Patient Number 9 
  10. Clutch, Sunrise On Slaughter Beach 
  11. Nirvana, Nevermind 
  12. Slipknot, The End, So Far 
  13. Epica, The Alchemy Project EP 
  14. Alter Bridge, Pawns & Kings 
  15. Guns N’ Roses, Appetite for Destruction 
  16. Jordan Red, Hands That Build The World 
  17. Green Day, American Idiot 
  18. Monster Magnet, Test Patterns - Vol. 1
  19. Ghost, Impera
  20. Brutus, Unison Life 
  21. Foo Fighters, Greatest Hits 
  22. Architects, The Classic Symptoms of a Broken Heart 
  23. Black Sabbath, Paranoid 
  24. Pink Floyd, The Wall 
  25. AC/DC, Back in Black 
  26. Nirvana, Nirvana 
  27. Megadeth, The Sick, The Dying… And The Dead! 
  28. Guns N’ Roses, Greatest Hits 
  29. Dream Theater, Lost Not Forgotten Archives - Old Bridge 
  30. Devin Townsend, Lightwork 
Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I agree, but I do think they haven't got that base of very dedicated fans that others such as, say, Iron Maiden, Metallica or Pearl Jam have. 

I am surprised by quite how poorly this release has sold (especially when you factor in the 2cd versions, vinyl etc) but then UYI 2 is my favourite album of all time, by miles, and I haven't bought this yet, so perhaps people like me are the issue here! 

I will pick this up, but at a price I think is reasonable and which I know it will hit quicker than I can say 'Locked and Loaded'! 

maybe for a lot of hardcore fans Gn'R went away for a long time cause without Slash and other classic band members,, the band wasn't appealing to them anymore and with not enough product to keep it interesting. It took for Axl a long time to release Chinese and then he didn't release another album so maybe not goood enough for a lot of fans that were dedicated before it went to shit.

upside of that is that many fans have missed especially Slash in Gn'R again so they made a lot of money from the NITL tour but how shit went down with Guns from '93 to 2016 I think did some damage when it comes to the number and dedication of the casual fan and also the fanatics.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

https://streamndestroy.substack.com/p/ls-dunes-guns-n-roses-epica

I see that the standalone UYI I and II have topped the UK Rock and Metal chart:

Album Sales

CD, LP, Paid Digital 

L.S. DUNES 6800
GUNS N’ ROSES (DELUXE) 3000
EPICA (EP) 1300 
HE IS LEGEND 700 
CHELSEA GRIN 500

(Note: From what I understand, these numbers are about the UK only).

Official Rock & Metal Albums Chart 🇬🇧

18 November 22 - 24 November 2022  

1. Guns N’ Roses, Use Your Illusion I 
  2. Guns N’ Roses, Use Your Illusion II 
  3. Foo Fighters, The Essential Foo Fighters 
  4. Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon 
  5. L.S. Dunes, Past Lives  
  6. Pink Floyd, Animals 
  7. Guns N’ Roses, Use Your Illusion (Super Deluxe) 
  8. Symposium, Do You Remember How It Was? (1996 - 1999) 
  9. Ozzy Osbourne, Patient Number 9 
  10. Clutch, Sunrise On Slaughter Beach 
  11. Nirvana, Nevermind 
  12. Slipknot, The End, So Far 
  13. Epica, The Alchemy Project EP 
  14. Alter Bridge, Pawns & Kings 
  15. Guns N’ Roses, Appetite for Destruction 
  16. Jordan Red, Hands That Build The World 
  17. Green Day, American Idiot 
  18. Monster Magnet, Test Patterns - Vol. 1
  19. Ghost, Impera
  20. Brutus, Unison Life 
  21. Foo Fighters, Greatest Hits 
  22. Architects, The Classic Symptoms of a Broken Heart 
  23. Black Sabbath, Paranoid 
  24. Pink Floyd, The Wall 
  25. AC/DC, Back in Black 
  26. Nirvana, Nirvana 
  27. Megadeth, The Sick, The Dying… And The Dead! 
  28. Guns N’ Roses, Greatest Hits 
  29. Dream Theater, Lost Not Forgotten Archives - Old Bridge 
  30. Devin Townsend, Lightwork 

That's interesting. 

3000 copies would get you somewhere in the Top 100 albums here, (on an average week) but it wasn't there.

Seeing as those figures don't seem to include streaming, that would explain why it wasn't there perhaps. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rovim said:

maybe for a lot of hardcore fans Gn'R went away for a long time cause without Slash and other classic band members,, the band wasn't appealing to them anymore and with not enough product to keep it interesting. It took for Axl a long time to release Chinese and then he didn't release another album so maybe not goood enough for a lot of fans that were dedicated before it went to shit.

upside of that is that many fans have missed especially Slash in Gn'R again so they made a lot of money from the NITL tour but how shit went down with Guns from '93 to 2016 I think did some damage when it comes to the number and dedication of the casual fan and also the fanatics.

Fair analysis there! They've driven a lot of people off this board I suppose, just via sheer boredom/frustration so if you play that out on a wider scale it's inevitable I guess that they don't have the same fanbase. 

UYI I and II have re-entered the Billboard 100 Album sales chart at #25 and #26 respectively. UYI Super Deluxe entered at #46.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/top-album-sales/2022-11-26/

UYI Super Deluxe entered the Top Current Album sales chart at #31:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/current-albums/2022-11-26/

#9 and #10 at Top Hard Rock Albums:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hard-rock-albums/2022-11-26/

#45 and #48 at Top Rock & Alternative Albums:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/top-rock-alternative-albums/2022-11-26/

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think you'd probably be surprised how many people go to gigs because they have either too many money and just want an evening out or they wanna post videos on Insta and tell everyone they saw <insert cool band name here>. You only have the look at how many metal bands have t-shirts in Primark, for example. I don't think it's unique to GNR tbh. I think you'd have the same at a Metallica gig, especially if it was somewhere such as London where the cost of a ticket compared to income isn't so huge (to some).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

I think you'd probably be surprised how many people go to gigs because they have either too many money and just want an evening out or they wanna post videos on Insta and tell everyone they saw <insert cool band name here>. You only have the look at how many metal bands have t-shirts in Primark, for example. I don't think it's unique to GNR tbh. I think you'd have the same at a Metallica gig, especially if it was somewhere such as London where the cost of a ticket compared to income isn't so huge (to some).

People tell me this quite often! I think because I'm very passionate about music and it takes up all my free time and money, I sometimes don't realise it isn't that important to a lot of people (even though everyone says how much they love music). 

I did look in Primark recently actually....they seem to have moved on from 'accesorize with an iconic rock band' shirts to a massive selection of American football/basketball team shirts and hoodies. Which explains why so many people in my city are wandering around with 'LA Lakers' and 'Chicago Bulls' stuff on.

That's even weirder really- wandering around with the merch of a sports team you not even don't support but don't even know the rules of the game they play! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rovim said:

maybe for a lot of hardcore fans Gn'R went away for a long time cause without Slash and other classic band members,, the band wasn't appealing to them anymore and with not enough product to keep it interesting.

That was me. I totally stopped following Gnr during that time, I only started again when the rumours about reforming were happening. I wasn't even aware that CD was a thing! I never saw ads or any promotion. First I knew about it was when I joined the forum. I doubt I'm the only one like this

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

People tell me this quite often! I think because I'm very passionate about music and it takes up all my free time and money, I sometimes don't realise it isn't that important to a lot of people (even though everyone says how much they love music). 

I did look in Primark recently actually....they seem to have moved on from 'accesorize with an iconic rock band' shirts to a massive selection of American football/basketball team shirts and hoodies. Which explains why so many people in my city are wandering around with 'LA Lakers' and 'Chicago Bulls' stuff on.

That's even weirder really- wandering around with the merch of a sports team you not even don't support but don't even know the rules of the game they play! 

I think that's exactly it - you've hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1