UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It would be cool if at least some of the Arkeen demos were released, but I don't know if GNR would be able to release stuff like Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, etc.

01 - Crash Diet (04:52)
02 - The Garden (05:05)
03 - Too Much Too Fast (06:30)
04 - Sunny Lovers Day [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
05 - Walk On By [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
06 - Martyr Of The 20th Century [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
07 - Bad Obsession [Izzy Stradlin on vocals] (05:02)
08 - Just Another Sunday (04:35)
09 - Bring It Down Home (05:44)
10 - Sentimental Movie [Duff Mckagan on vocals] (04:43)
11 - Second Time Loser [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
12 - Drinkin [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
13 - Make Your Play [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
14 - Yesterdays (03:40)
15 - Crash Diet [Alternate mix] (04:27)
16 - Drum Machine Instrumental #1 (03:32)
17 - Drum Machine Instrumental #2 (03:34)
18 - It's So Easy [Acoustic, DOES NOT CIRCULATE]

Bad Obsession, The Garden and Yesterdays in decent quality would be nice.

Too Much Too Fast is a cracking tune….it’s cheesy and all sorts but damned catchy to me! 🤣

Always liked Sentimental Movie too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Too Much Too Fast is a cracking tune….it’s cheesy and all sorts but damned catchy to me! 🤣

Always liked Sentimental Movie too. 

Agreed, I always liked it better than stuff like Crash Diet. It's a fun, catchy song, but it goes on a bit too long. Never been a big fan of Sentimental Movie though.

Shame none of that stuff was on the AFD box set, but maybe they only have the rights to those 3 songs that ended up on UYI, or none of the rights at all? Would be cool to hear some of that stuff in decent quality.

11 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

If we get a proper released version of "Bring it Back Home" I think I'll cry. That's always been an amazing song

Hyped for this boxset more than the AfD one tbh, there's more 'unreleased' content from the UYI years than AfD.

Anything that's managed by the label is always handled better than the usual management so we should get proper singles and promotion. 

I wonder if we'll get TSI in the boxset like how Lies was included in the AfD one? Human Being Era starts now. 

Bring it back home was recorded in 86 before UYI was ever thought of.

As far as unreleased songs go there’s just Ain’t Going Down and the outro of 14 years basically. Everything else they recorded made the albums and later TSI.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

As far as unreleased songs go there’s just Ain’t Going Down and the outro of 14 years basically. Everything else they recorded made the albums and later TSI.

I guess it is possible there more we don’t know about….This I Love demo? Back and Forth Again demo? I don’t think anyone knew of The Plague or New Work Tune do it is possible. Ain’t Going Down is a certainty though.

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

A Beer and a Cigarette?

Down on the Street?

On 12/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It would be cool if at least some of the Arkeen demos were released, but I don't know if GNR would be able to release stuff like Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, etc.

Now some of these songs would be cool reworked.. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, Sausagebrain said:

Hooray - another 31st anniversary boxset!

Seriously though - I loved the UYI years in all of their twisted, overblown glory. I'd be completely 'in' for a big box set. (Just hope they go easy on the replica merch, yeah?) 

Same. Grew up with this era, just hope it's not overly compressed and loud. 

On 12/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I just listened to this demo the other day and forgot how good some of these songs were. For the most part, none of these would be good enough to make a gnr album, but still very cool songs to listen too. 

I would die to hear the acoustic It’s so easy

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Kind of related to this but I wish the band would put up the music video for You Could Be Mine on their channel. The use of Terminator 2 footage is the most likely reason it's only available unofficially.

Same, especially when there is an edit with no T2 footage that’s been around forever.

• Like 3

A few years ago a filmmaker named Mark Racco posted two unreleased music videos on youtube for My Michelle and Mr Browstone using footage from that concert , i spoke with him and he told me the studio needed music videos for those singles despite the fact that they were about 4 years old. He also shot the footage for You Could Be Mine from the same concert. All shot on 16mm. 

Edit: The music videos were removed from youtube but im sure theyre out there somewhere.

Edit 2 : Found the Mr Brownstone music video 

edit 3: found his version of You Could be mine:

Edited by janrichmond
removed link to YT
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

A few years ago a filmmaker named Mark Racco posted two unreleased music videos on youtube for My Michelle and Mr Browstone using footage from that concert , i spoke with him and he told me the studio needed music videos for those singles despite the fact that they were about 4 years old. He also shot the footage for You Could Be Mine from the same concert. All shot on 16mm. 

Edit: The music videos were removed from youtube but im sure theyre out there somewhere.

Mr Brownstone and My Michelle were shot at the Pantages Theatre show, the one before the Ritz.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

edit 3: found his version of You Could be mine: https://vk.com/video-194520149_456239665

Delete links ! The videos will be removed.

Only videos from the official channel can be uploaded.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 7:18 PM, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

edit 3: found his version of You Could be mine:

Won't post the link here but on YouTube I found a short pro-shot clip of the band at Milton Keynes in 1993 that looks like an unreleased video for Double Talkin Jive. It's got the studio version over live footage similar to what you posted.

Edit: Looks like it's from a Robert John documentary I never knew about. 

This link has the whole thing Not sure if it's against the rules to post.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3461-1994-06-19-guns-n-roses-the-photographic-history-documentary

Edited by mystery

It might be worth it to contact that film maker Mark Racco while he is still alive, asking if he has filmed the whole gig. That would be pretty insane to see a whole 1991 show in film quality, they could release that for sure. Cool gig aswell as it has some rarities (Bad Apples) and Shannon Hoon came out as guest.

On 1/7/2022 at 7:26 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Mr Brownstone and My Michelle were shot at the Pantages Theatre show, the one before the Ritz.

The reason the label asked for videos of those songs is cause they were worried that Axl was gonna delay UYI again, so they needed something “new” to keep GnR alive on mtv in the meantime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The reason the label asked for videos of those songs is cause they were worried that Axl was gonna delay UYI again, so they needed something “new” to keep GnR alive on mtv in the meantime.

I've heard a few theories, one being that these were filmed as an "audition" to see if he was the right guy to film the YCBM video, but who knows really. The videos for My Michelle and Mr Brownstone are cool but they look like they were done pretty quickly, not really "ready for MTV" in the state we've seen them.

• Like 1