UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

16 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

Isn't Ritz 91 the one where Slash totally fucks up the intro to SCOM and has to restart it 3 times? 

There's no way they'd release that full show officially, if so.

Yep, Slash was lying, I don't understand how we could all believe him with Ritz 91. They should release the St Louis show

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

Isn't Ritz 91 the one where Slash totally fucks up the intro to SCOM and has to restart it 3 times? 

There's no way they'd release that full show officially, if so.

Where is the problem? You can cut out the fails easily. He just started three times. Just cut the two tries out on the official material... and "Slash totally fucks up" i don't agree. That's not a total fuck up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Where did you hear that? I hope they drop a song or two on their youtube channel for a preview and a little promotion prior to its release..

nowhere lol, is just that im from latam and i don t know exactly when summer for you guys hahahah 

Edited by darkside259

10 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Where is the problem? You can cut out the fails easily. He just started three times. Just cut the two tries out on the official material... and "Slash totally fucks up" i don't agree. That's not a total fuck up.

What degree of fuck up would you describe it as then, on a scale of 0 to Ashba Golden Gods? Lol 

I'm not Slash-bashing btw, he's my favourite top hatted guitarist of all time, but even he would admit making several false starts on the SCOM intro was an embarrassing fuck up - not that it even bothers me - it's just an exemplar of how raw/casual/drunk he was at that time, it's fine

On 12/14/2021 at 3:55 PM, LandOla said:

Fuck it if it's audio only

Honestly I am totally down if it is audio only, especially if they are given a proper mix.  We have not had a single GNR live audio album, besides counting the heavily overdubbed and scattered "Live Era".  I could use a nice quality, full, unedited audio concert from the old days

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Honestly I am totally down if it is audio only, especially if they are given a proper mix.  We have not had a single GNR live audio album, besides counting the heavily overdubbed and scattered "Live Era".  I could use a nice quality, full, unedited audio concert from the old days

That's a weird way to spin a negative (no video) into a positive. We are getting the audio no matter what. What you are "down" for is to not get something that will make it infinitely better. It's a cop out if they don't release the video footage aswell. No way to see all the stuff that was going on like the Pizza delivery, couch etc. during the shows. Ontop of that, if they only release it in audio it WILL be edited, and not a full unedited concert, because they will cut out all the pauses/talk/banter/anything that isn't the performance for the audio track of the songs.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's a weird way to spin a negative (no video) into a positive. We are getting the audio no matter what. What you are "down" for is to not get something that will make it infinitely better. It's a cop out if they don't release the video footage aswell. No way to see all the stuff that was going on like the Pizza delivery, couch etc. during the shows. Ontop of that, if they only release it in audio it WILL be edited, and not a full unedited concert, because they will cut out all the pauses/talk/banter/anything that isn't the performance for the audio track of the songs.

I am just being honest, I am totally down still for the boxset even if it is audio-only.  Ofc video is perferred but if it is audio-only and mixed well, I am cool with that

On 12/20/2021 at 11:29 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

If any banter between songs is removed I will be really pissed 😡 that’s part of the fun of all the old gnr shows

• Like 1

I assume any rants/intros/etc will be cut out of the audio versions (why waste space on vinyl or CD for that?) but the videos will probably be the full shows.

I agree with @WhazUp though, it's not like I'm actually gonna watch the videos too often, so if it's audio only I'd be fine with that. Something like the recent Skid Row box set would be fine - pack it full of vinyl, no extra bullshit, and charge me a couple hundred bucks.

edit: something like this would be nice,

UYI + TSI? remastered - 5 LP's
Ritz 1991 - 3 LP's
Las Vegas 1992 - 3 LP's
Live Rarities Compilation - 2 LP's
Demos N' Leftovers - 2 LP's.

Throw it in packaging like this, and take my $400.

SkidRow.jpg

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 2

If we get a proper released version of "Bring it Back Home" I think I'll cry. That's always been an amazing song

Hyped for this boxset more than the AfD one tbh, there's more 'unreleased' content from the UYI years than AfD.

Anything that's managed by the label is always handled better than the usual management so we should get proper singles and promotion. 

I wonder if we'll get TSI in the boxset like how Lies was included in the AfD one? Human Being Era starts now. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

If we get a proper released version of "Bring it Back Home" I think I'll cry. That's always been an amazing song

Hyped for this boxset more than the AfD one tbh, there's more 'unreleased' content from the UYI years than AfD.

Anything that's managed by the label is always handled better than the usual management so we should get proper singles and promotion. 

I wonder if we'll get TSI in the boxset like how Lies was included in the AfD one? Human Being Era starts now. 

Bring It Back Home was always my favorite bootleg rarity to listen to ... A few years back I remember discovering on youtube a slightly different intro version which I loved even more ... Always wished to hear a proper recording the riff solo melody and vocals/lyrics are so great 

It would be cool if at least some of the Arkeen demos were released, but I don't know if GNR would be able to release stuff like Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, etc.

01 - Crash Diet (04:52)
02 - The Garden (05:05)
03 - Too Much Too Fast (06:30)
04 - Sunny Lovers Day [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
05 - Walk On By [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
06 - Martyr Of The 20th Century [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
07 - Bad Obsession [Izzy Stradlin on vocals] (05:02)
08 - Just Another Sunday (04:35)
09 - Bring It Down Home (05:44)
10 - Sentimental Movie [Duff Mckagan on vocals] (04:43)
11 - Second Time Loser [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
12 - Drinkin [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
13 - Make Your Play [DOES NOT CIRCULATE]
14 - Yesterdays (03:40)
15 - Crash Diet [Alternate mix] (04:27)
16 - Drum Machine Instrumental #1 (03:32)
17 - Drum Machine Instrumental #2 (03:34)
18 - It's So Easy [Acoustic, DOES NOT CIRCULATE]

Bad Obsession, The Garden and Yesterdays in decent quality would be nice.

• Like 4