Russia Invades Ukraine

Gibson87

16 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Not a military expert, but I don’t see how another push for Kyiv would be successful with Belarus. It failed with a full Russian force

Guess they want to distract Ukraine from Eastern front somehow. These drones (Iranian it seems) attacks on civilian targets are attempt to spread fear because they have very little  success in against UA army...

But yes, 1st attempt to capture Kyiv was not full Russian army attempt... They presumed it is easy target, and they went in 3 day special op :D

Also, Ukraine has more power (man and equipment) today than in the beggining of war so I guess it will be long and bloody war...

Putin won't end this war until he gets Ukraine. Then he'll move on to other countries that were once part of USSR.

North Korea is launching missiles toward the DMZ zone warning South Korea again.

Is any country going to address any of this? Obviously what weapons the world is givning Ukraine isn't doing much since Russia hasn't stopped nor will Putin.  I think the only way this will stop is if someone kills Putin. Can they get close enough? Is anyone in his inner circle going to take that chance?

Meanwhile, more and more civilians are being killed in Ukraine.

And no warning to Iran with giving Russia those drones?

We are all doomed.

On 10/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Putin won't end this war until he gets Ukraine. Then he'll move on to other countries that were once part of USSR.

North Korea is launching missiles toward the DMZ zone warning South Korea again.

Is any country going to address any of this? Obviously what weapons the world is givning Ukraine isn't doing much since Russia hasn't stopped nor will Putin.  I think the only way this will stop is if someone kills Putin. Can they get close enough? Is anyone in his inner circle going to take that chance?

Meanwhile, more and more civilians are being killed in Ukraine.

And no warning to Iran with giving Russia those drones?

We are all doomed.

:wow:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Actually, I was watching the news earlier and they said everyone's going to be fine; just not you.

:lol:

Fuck me, she was bad enough when covid was a thing. Some people shouldn’t be allowed to watch the news. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Truly pathetic. I don’t think any of us could have predicted a supposed world power imploding like this on the world stage. Decades of work from Putin to consolidate power and appear as a strategic mastermind has evaporated in less than a year. Sadly, he will never be held accountable 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I just looked up news reports and it's not as bad as I assumed. Only 2 people dead(still sucks) from seemingly errant missiles.

I thought they were doing fucking targeted missile strikes on Poland, which would ensure full scale global war.

Oh gosh, yeah that would do it! That would be terrifying 

Still sucks, and this war needs to stop, but it won’t be a NATO intervention nor should it be

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Latest on this is that it most likely was rockets shot up from Ukraina to try to intercept incoming Russian missiles. 

Yep, it seems that way. Also, even if it was Russian, no way it would be intentionally in this moment. But the message is clear, we are not safe as long as there is war in neighborhood. Few months ago, one drone fell in Zagreb near student dormitory. With attack like yesterdays (100 missiles, unknown number of drones...) possibilities for stray missile are not neglectable. Air defense should be priority in Europe and Ukraine. And after that, enough weapons for Ukraine to make all occupying forces to run home...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Yep, it seems that way. Also, even if it was Russian, no way it would be intentionally in this moment. But the message is clear, we are not safe as long as there is war in neighborhood. Few months ago, one drone fell in Zagreb near student dormitory. With attack like yesterdays (100 missiles, unknown number of drones...) possibilities for stray missile are not neglectable. Air defense should be priority in Europe and Ukraine. And after that, enough weapons for Ukraine to make all occupying forces to run home...

Yes, I agree. There is no way Russia would intentionally attack a NATO country, but still, the more mishaps like this, either from Ukraine or Russia, and we get closer to escalation. 

Ukraine will go down in history as heroes of Europe for having stood against the Russian army for so long, fighting fiercely to protect their country. It is quite impressive, even if they receive a lot of help. 

not believing a word the media says, or so called experts, I'm kind of making up my own theories.

Based on books I read on international criminal networks (arms trading, drugs traffic, international human smuggling etc), it is clear to me that nothing means money to international crime more than an all out war.

In times of peace, arms dealers don't have much work.

A full scale war ALWAYS means the international criminal networks benefit financially.

It is also well documented that in the 70s and 80s, criminal networks had people on the highest government positions. There is a fine line, where mafia ends and the government begins. Democracy as we know it today, is an invention of the 17th century, developed with the sole purpose of containing the masses and make them powerless. The rich elite benefits with our current democratic model, and riches and crime go hand in hand.

This war, on whatever side, is beneficial to criminals in the government or other.

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

What do you mean by you don't believe anything so-called experts say?

why would I believe them? Either experts appointed by the government, or experts appointed by commercial entities. There is no reason they speak with my interests in mind (except by accident), and they certainly do not stand for scientific integrity. They get paid. Nobody works for free. Paid to promote a certain stance. Paid to follow the consensus, or be marginalised and character assissinated.

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

There is some truth in what you say.

But you're getting carried away imo. Delving into anti-intellectualism and paranoia. You're being too absolute.

the alternative, is painstakingly checking the background of every expert / company, and put their opinions under a reality check.

which would still leave room for errors.

Soon as I realised this, I said ok. No more pre-fabricated opinions for me again. From now on, I'll make my own opinions.

You could argue, I can make mistakes this way.

But I'd argue, when you follow the experts blindly, you will surely make the wrong choices in life too. Only this time, its your own fault, because you took the easy way.

In conclusion, there is no easy way in life. To get somewhere, you need to overcome obstacles. Experts are not heaven sent messengers of ultimate truth, nor are they the figures of morality. If you accept this, then you need to make your conclusions.