Russia Invades Ukraine

Gibson87

9 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Bullshit. Apart from Ukraine and Russia Europe is completely safe to play. Even shows in Poland, Sweden and Finland are  possible. Even Russia would be safe but obviously nobody is gonna play shows there for the next couple of years at least 

Agreed. Russia knows better than to fuck with a NATO country, and if they do, they probably wouldn't be half the Russia they are now, which isn't great to begin with. 

23 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Bullshit. Apart from Ukraine and Russia Europe is completely safe to play. Even shows in Poland, Sweden and Finland are  possible. Even Russia would be safe but obviously nobody is gonna play shows there for the next couple of years at least 

War will extend to EU countries very soon. It's a specific request and desire of NATO (Biden driven obviously). It's so clear.

Edited by Serial Killer
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Serial Killer said:

War will extend to EU countries very soon. It's a specific request and desire of NATO (Biden driven obviously). It's so clear.

That’s the most stupid thing I’ve read all week 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:16 AM, Oldest Goat said:

I don't like Biden.

But wtf are you talking about? USA, along with its allies, are supporting Ukraine a lot, which is helping them significantly. Also Russia's economy is being crippled. NATO is why it's extremely unlikely Russia dares go into the rest of Europe cause if it does Russia will be annihilated. So explain how you reached your conclusion.

Trump wanted to help Putin by dissolving NATO. He should be executed for treason.

If they actually do something to Trump it would be a miracle. The government are dragging their feet about the take over on the Capital building. I doubt Trump will ever be arrested and sent to jail for anything. Very sad.

The enormity of this whole affair hit home last couple of days. My beat friends parents have taken in a Ukrainian lady who doesnt speak a word of English. She's over here (uk) on her own and we live in a very rural location (bus once an hour if your lucky. No trains or mass public transport) and she has come from Kiev.

Imagine how terrified she must be, to be in a forest, no transport, can't speak or understand the language and to be on her own. All at the age of 20. Really puts things into perspective. Her nan was evacuated under a Russian safe passage and is now in Russia where state media has convinced her there is no war going on....

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Haven’t those people suffered enough? 

Quoted for the truth, it's exactly for that reason that I can't stand the likes of bono. The dude is an absolute caricature. Mr something has gone awry in the world must sing song! 

Edited by grouse
  • Like 1

Anyone who donates their time to try to help in anyway they can is okay by me.

So many people are doing what they can including singing or actually fighting in Ukraine.

I do hope Ukraine gains their freedom back, but Putin is a crazy bastard and doesn't like to lose, so who knows?

I heard someone say, not sure what news channel, Putin was having cancer surgery? Maybe it was just wishful thinking on someone's part, but maybe it Putin is dead, things might change?

All I know is so many people have died and places destroyed and will they ever be able to go back?

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

All I know is so many people have died and places destroyed and will they ever be able to go back?

Would they want to go back? Would they ever feel safe? Would they want the constant reminders of what happened? 

My heart goes out to the kids. My 2 children are 5 and 3. I see news reports of kids in the middle of all this and my heart bleeds for them  completely innocent

On 5/9/2022 at 2:43 PM, ssiscool said:

Would they want to go back? Would they ever feel safe? Would they want the constant reminders of what happened? 

My heart goes out to the kids. My 2 children are 5 and 3. I see news reports of kids in the middle of all this and my heart bleeds for them  completely innocent

I know the kids break my heart for sure. Women who have lost their husbands and kids too. I still have trouble seeing those people and how Putin doesn't care one bit.  I'm sure the Russian people are hurting, but Putin won't stop this until he gets what he wants.  It's scary to see how someone can be so cruel and uncaring for anyone but himself.

• 4 months later...
On 4/22/2022 at 9:29 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Pretty sure Ukraine will have to give up the eastern part of the city to end this war. It sucks but I doubt Putin will ever stop. Seems Russia has their eye on Moldiv now too. They're not part of Nato either.

Also it seems whatever money for weapons the US and Nato give Ukraine it's going to take a long time to actually get to the army. WTF?

And showing what Russia has done to the cities and the bodies of the dead being dumped makes me so angry and I don't understand how this can continue? Claiming war crimes isn't helping these people.

Now Biden wants Russia to be the number 1 country for terrorism yeah, so?

And what do you think today?

Impressive what Ukraine has achieved over the last 24 hours, but I fear this will just force Russia to send in conscripts and take it to another level. Anyway, we, the rest of the western world, will just have to keep up our support of Ukraine, send them what they need and stand firm against Russian aggression.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2022 at 12:41 PM, Serial Killer said:

russia can barely keep ukrainian territory, as it is lol

how are they going to conquer the EU, again?

• Like 1

Things not going so well for Russian forces of late…

https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-not-an-army-here-russian-soldier-warns-of-battlefield-collapse?ref=home

Also interesting to hear Russian politicians at the local level are now calling on for Putin to resign.

This could be a good sign or might lead to much scarier moments ahead as both Putin and Russian forces being backed into a corner. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Things not going so well for Russian forces of late…

https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-not-an-army-here-russian-soldier-warns-of-battlefield-collapse?ref=home

Also interesting to hear Russian politicians at the local level are now calling on for Putin to resign.

This could be a good sign or might lead to much scarier moments ahead as both Putin and Russian forces being backed into a corner. 

I found it very amusing that the Ukrainian military thanked Putin for being their largest single donor of tanks and equipment after the Russians shat themselves and ran.   😂

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 4

It’s a tricky question to answer: how do you get Putin to back down in the face of possible and likely defeat?  Are there only two viable options for resolution: Russian annexation of parts of Ukraine or nuclear war?  It’s starting to look that way.  If the US or other Western countries have some means of taking out Putin now might be the time to consider it.  I don’t really see Putin accepting defeat in the twilight of his rule.  His grasp on power will likely end should Russia continue to fail and I don’t think that’s an option for him.

Scary times. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, downzy said:

It’s a tricky question to answer: how do you get Putin to back down in the face of possible and likely defeat?  Are there only two viable options for resolution: Russian annexation of parts of Ukraine or nuclear war?  It’s starting to look that way.  If the US or other Western countries have some means if taking out Putin now might be the time to consider it.  I don’t really see Putin accepting defeat in the twilight of his rule.  His grasp on power will likely end should Russia continue to fail and I don’t think that’s an option for him.

Scary times. 

Or this becomes an even more tragic, 5-10 year long conflict that fizzles out giving him an off ramp that way. Happened with many wars. That sucks, too

It all sucks

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Or this becomes an even more tragic, 5-10 year long conflict that fizzles out giving him an off ramp that way. Happened with many wars. That sucks, too

It all sucks

I don't think Putin has that kind of time.  If this war had legitimate domestic support in Russia, then maybe.  But considering all the laws that have been passed to ensure zero criticism while relying increasingly on conscripted army reserves, I don't think Putin survives two years, let alone five to ten.  He'll likely need to show meaningful gains in the next six to twelve months. 

Also something to consider is that Russian men generally don't live all that long.  Putin might want to shore up his legacy before his own clock stops ticking.

Then there's also the rest of Europe to consider.  They support Ukraine now, but winter is coming and many in Europe will face the choice between food and heat.  How long can Europe withstanding the squeeze the war is having on food and energy prices?  We here in North America are fairly sheltered from this war; really only feeling the effects at the gas pump.  We're not seeing similar and dramatic jumps in home and business energy costs that Europeans are currently facing.  

Either way, if the CIA was ever good for anything, they hopefully have a contingency plan for not only removing Putin but replacing him with someone who isn't worse.  

On 9/13/2022 at 10:08 AM, action said:

russia can barely keep ukrainian territory, as it is lol

how are they going to conquer the EU, again?

I'm not saying Russia is going to conquer EU, but war in the continent is happening and that means WWIII, nuclear weapons and millions of dead. I live there unfortunately. Thanks NATO. Thanks EU. Thanks Biden. Thanks WEF. They've been planning this catastrophe for decades.