Possible cancellation of European tour?

Last night John Fogerty announced that he will be cancelling his European summer tour because of war in Ukraine. Also last week Rolling Stones were supposed to announce a well rumoured shows in Finland and Czech Republic but they left these countries out. Rumour is because they are too close to Russian border.

With taking account how politically woke and active Axl is, do you guys see European tour happening this summer? I see that tickets have not sold as well as they did last time they were in Europe. Theres plenty of tickets available to almost every show.

Also Covid cases are raising now in Europe. I think that is a lesser change of show being cancelled but just saying.

Losing my mind if after 2 years when Im finally hoping to go and see some big concerts everything would be cancelled once again :lol:

I think its pointless to cancel shows because of Ukraine. Europe is big. War is limited to Ukraine. Its not even part of European Union. Ukrainians flee to every possible European country. Its safe for them, citizens of these countries and also for artists to come and perform. Concerts would bring out some cheer and happiness and would only be a good thing. My 2 cents.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Shows will go ahead in Western Europe - as you have alluded to above any shows towards Eastern Europe (Poland and Czech) may be postponed or cancelled but it won’t be a complete cancellation of the tour. Much higher chance of Covid cancelling dates at this point IMO.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Cancelling a Europe tour because of a war on the same continent is not likely imo and more in bad taste then in good if you ask me. Fogertys comment "Our show is all about celebrating and taking our fans away from the difficulties everyone is facing - and right now, that just doesn’t seem to be possible" is such bullshit. If there's anything that can make people take their mind of the war it's music. 

Yeah, plus what good does it do for ukrainian kids who are struggling for their lives if europeans dont go to a concert? 

• Like 3

The Rolling Stones cancelling a tour or concert is upsetting considering their vast discography consisting of 26 albums.

GNR, barely with 4 albums in 40 years with the last one being from 14 years ago which have been touring the hell out of the place almost every year.

So... no, I wouldn't miss them if they cancel a tour or show here and there.

In fact I had the chance to see them again in 2018 and didn't. My two cents.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Last night John Fogerty announced that he will be cancelling his European summer tour because of war in Ukraine. Also last week Rolling Stones were supposed to announce a well rumoured shows in Finland and Czech Republic but they left these countries out. Rumour is because they are too close to Russian border.

With taking account how politically woke and active Axl is, do you guys see European tour happening this summer? I see that tickets have not sold as well as they did last time they were in Europe. Theres plenty of tickets available to almost every show.

Also Covid cases are raising now in Europe. I think that is a lesser change of show being cancelled but just saying.

Losing my mind if after 2 years when Im finally hoping to go and see some big concerts everything would be cancelled once again :lol:

I think its pointless to cancel shows because of Ukraine. Europe is big. War is limited to Ukraine. Its not even part of European Union. Ukrainians flee to every possible European country. Its safe for them, citizens of these countries and also for artists to come and perform. Concerts would bring out some cheer and happiness and would only be a good thing. My 2 cents.

I agree they should go ahead. Guess it's a difficult time for major tours like this. 

55 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Shows will go ahead in Western Europe - as you have alluded to above any shows towards Eastern Europe (Poland and Czech) may be postponed or cancelled but it won’t be a complete cancellation of the tour. Much higher chance of Covid cancelling dates at this point IMO.

Did you just call us Eastern Europe, you *!"*?@* ****? :max: 
Seriously we like to call ourselves Central E., although I can't really blame anyone from the West not even being aware of any such thing. We are kinda in the middle (is what I want to believe). 

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I agree they should go ahead. Guess it's a difficult time for major tours like this. 

Did you just call us Eastern Europe, you *!"*?@* ****? :max: 
Seriously we like to call ourselves Central E., although I can't really blame anyone from the West not even being aware of any such thing. We are kinda in the middle (is what I want to believe). 

C'mon man, you're the beginning of the east :lol:... but whatever, it doesn't matter at all. As a Greek I'm from the south-east Europe as well.... but living in Germany right next to you guys and here we're definitely in Central Europe :P

Edited by Free Bird
  • Wow 1

After the last two years nothing would surprise me. I’m not exactly brimming with excitement about the tickets I have for the concert in Marley park. Just can’t get excited about it. I mean how many shows in Europe would need to happen for the tour to be worth their while ? Let’s say they cancel some shows further east(and as someone who has been to the Czech Republic many times I don’t think it’s Eastern Europe) then would the Western Europe shows make it viable ?

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This is the same band that said they couldn’t release music because of protests and civil unrest so who knows.

wasn't it Fernando that said that? if he did, I don't really consider what he has to say as the real position of Gn'R cause maybe it was just excuses. Not exactly objective or very  clear with his statements. (SOYL is a brand new track)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

The tour in Europe will go smoothly. The war in Ukraine will be over by then, but even if it is not over, it will not affect the European tour.

You apparently have no idea what's currently happening with the prices in EU countries, both due to millions of refugees and associated changes in economy and due to various production stoppages regarding materials from Ukraine, affecting jobs etc. Forget Covid, shit has hit the fan now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You apparently have no idea what's currently happening with the prices in EU countries, both due to millions of refugees and associated changes in economy and due to various production stoppages regarding materials from Ukraine, affecting jobs etc. Forget Covid, shit has hit the fan now. 

I live in Europe. And I am convinced that the tour in Europe will go according to plan.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Sounds like europe is sumerged in complete chaos when the reality is that a month from now we won't even be using masks inside

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I live in Europe. And I am convinced that the tour in Europe will go according to plan.

I like your optimism. 

5 minutes ago, itsprettytiedup said:

Sounds like europe is sumerged in complete chaos when the reality is that a month from now we won't even be using masks inside

Masks are already a thing of the past here (except for doctors and maybe buses). For now, I mean. 

2 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

The tour in Europe will go smoothly. The war in Ukraine will be over by then, but even if it is not over, it will not affect the European tour.

but economic problems  will..

55 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Everywhere except Austria. Our idiot politicians are bringing them back this week.

In Italy they've never gone :P

we're still full of stupid restrictions :facepalm:

2 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

What's to say the war in Ukraine will be over in 2 months? and even if it is the consequences are still going to be felt for a long time. 

As for the Euro tour, I expect it to go ahead even if there are a few cancellations. If they toured on the eve of a global pandemic then they'll tour with ongoing wars. 

The ONLY thing that will stop GNR touring is incredibly bad sales or one of the main members not being able to go on the road for some reason or another. 

I'd predict a handful of sell outs at the max and the rest of the shows will be padded out with free tickets. That's down to people not wanting to buy tickets for things they aren't convinced will happen AND the fact that GNR are boring as muck these days and have drained every drip of excitement from the reunion. Not really sure what course corrects where they are now. 

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Thanks and I don't like your pessimism. :lol:

No, that's realism. It's already happening. In general, I consider myself an optimist. 

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Everywhere except Austria. Our idiot politicians are bringing them back this week.

Yeah, I've read the situation with the measures in Austria was really dire...