Gibson: Slash The Collection video and autographed book preorders

It was badass seeing all these guitars! Gibson did a good job with this. I really want one of the books but not for $1k or $250. It does look like a cool book though. Hopefully there will be a reasonably priced unsigned one available after the initial run. I just feel like I have enough signed Slash memorabilia. Who am I kidding, if the price was $100-$200, I would probably buy one, lol.

Edited by Tourettes2400

Loved the documentary, wish a basic, lower priced version of the book was available though. I'd be all over it if they offered a third option

1 hour ago, ACDC8 said:

Was getting the other one but they don't ship to anywhere outside the US apparently... "thanks" Gibson.

Just in case you didn't spot this: "For immediate international pre-sale orders call the Gibson Garage at +1 (615) 933-6000. Online international orders forthcoming. Quantities reserved" 

• Like 1

I bought each of Jimmy Page's books and the Led Zeppelin book that are comparable and they were about $60 each. Amazing content and quality. This is hilariously overpriced.

Edit: I didn't notice they were signed. That's more understandable for the cheaper one.

Edited by Ak1nney

3 hours ago, swirkh said:

Who cares about the overpriced book. Don't like it, don't buy it.

But I must say this is the most relaxed, comfortable Slash I've ever seen in an interview. Good job Gibson. Such a treat for guitar nerds.

That's the thing with Gibson, the people that balk about the money, are 100% NOT the target market for these. Could say that about their guitars too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

That's the thing with Gibson, the people that balk about the money, are 100% NOT the target market for these. Could say that about their guitars too.

I got a 1993 Les Paul Standard (see my avatar) and a 2011 (?) 50s tribute Gold Top. I would never buy another Gibson again now, way too much money for what you'll get.

Edited by El Guapo

I wish there was a cheaper option available, hell even the price for the novelty of it getting signed is really up there!   Actually getting to meet Slash briefly during his 2008 signing at a local Guitar Center cost nothing except a wait in line and I got both Reckless Road and his autiobiography signed by him during that, for example

Looks like a cool book though.  This video is a really interesting watch as well

Edited by WhazUp