Soundcheck mysterious song

Just now, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

I can't see Axl agreeing to perform a new song without it being released first. Much like Hard School and Absurd.

Absurd was played before it was released. Hard Skool was released first and then played. There's no pattern in what they do.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Absurd was played before it was released. Hard Skool was released first and then played. There's no pattern in what they do.

Wasn't Absurd played very very close to release? Not counting Silkworms here, obviously.

I can't really see current Axl delivering on a previously unheard song. 

Everything got turned upside down when they released those tracks. It's the best reason to have some interest in new songs moving forward. We got Checkmate, whoda thought it?!

Edited by Axls_Moustache_Rules

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Just listened to Oklahoma leak and then the soundcheck audio. The end sound similiar, for sure. Only thing is I don't really know if that first chunk of audio we got with the Slash lick really fits into the rest of the song. So I'm worried the two ending are just kind of a coincidence. But who knows. It's been decades and probably plenty of reworks. Not gonna get too excited until its played live/we see it on an alt list or something like that though.

How do we usually get setlist pics? Does the band post them to social media, or does someone that works at the venue leak them?

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Just now, ShadowOfTheWave said:

How do we usually get setlist pics? Does the band post them to social media, or does someone that works at the venue leaks them?

Sometimes the band will accidentally leave them in the background, usually fans somehow are able to get one (I'm not sure how) or yeah someone who's in the inside circles can get them. So it's not a guarantee unfortunately.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sometimes the band will accidentally leave them in the background, usually fans somehow are able to get one (I'm not sure how) or yeah someone who's in the inside circles can get them. So it's not a guarantee unfortunately.

I remember last year when the setlist from Hershey with Absurd in it was sold on eBay (before the next show where Absurd was played for the first time), the story was that security threw some copies to the crowd. I questioned the story at first, but some people on here said that it's not uncommon at all, so I guess that's how people get them sometimes. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Has he explicit said that? No new ideas? No ideas brought in from anyone in the band, except for Axl's old leaked demos?

“As far as new Guns is concerned, we haven’t even gotten to that point of really in earnest sitting down and writing,” the guitarist said. “We’ve been doing a lot of material that’s been sort of sitting around for a while. So that will be a whole focused endeavour unto itself.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-says-guns-n-roses-plan-to-release-entire-records-worth-of-new-material-3132842

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

“As far as new Guns is concerned, we haven’t even gotten to that point of really in earnest sitting down and writing,” the guitarist said. “We’ve been doing a lot of material that’s been sort of sitting around for a while. So that will be a whole focused endeavour unto itself.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-says-guns-n-roses-plan-to-release-entire-records-worth-of-new-material-3132842

That was published 8th of January to be fair. Things could have happened in the time between then and now. Weather they have worked on stuff from scratch or not at least it seems they are working on older unreleased stuff