Soundcheck mysterious song

I like the clips and would love to hear more hopefully someone else will be there to record future sound checks just in case this is something.

It doesn't sound like a jam to me as jams normally would sound like something slash would be comfortable fucking around on. Those clips don't really sound like something he would write.

I live in mild hope it's a cd era song they are reworking

It reminds me of something from 2007 that used to be out there called 'piano moving jam' maybe that was an earlier version of whatever this is. I think they may have played in 2009 as well.

19 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Those clips don't really sound like something he would write.

Sure, especially the chords and progression, it's not bluesy at all, though the notes he's picking to the riff reminisce something very close to what he did in Anastasia

Just now, jafeijo said:

Sure, especially the chords and progression, it's not bluesy at all, though the notes he's picking to the riff reminisce something very close to what he did in Anastasia

I think it may be  circus maximus 

11 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Chords being fancy isn't really a reason to say it's not an actual song they are rehearsing. It's also not that fancy, but in comparison to Hardskool this is top shelf jazz😄 

I don't know, the repeat thing could easily be a section where Axl is riffing over the top and that's the melodic excitement (besides Slash's lick). Who knows!! it's far to small a section and shitty a recording to be getting too into the weeds. I liked the snippet played, I would be interested to hear the finished song whether it's GNR or SKMC.

I didn't say it was the reason for it to not be an actual song. IMO, the way it was played (with the repetition and all), it sounded like an idea being brought to the table while the other guys play on top of it. 

Of course it could be only a rehearsal for a new song, but keep in mind that it was just a soundcheck. We don't even know if it was the actual band or some crew playing along (the lead does sound like Slash, tho).

On 9/28/2022 at 1:02 AM, MaskingApathy said:

The whole record that they made was very cool. Too bad he chose not to release it.

The record was insane, but I think there's some kind of cease and desist order type of thing, Emi Asta's voice is just pure Axl immitation, and Even Chesney tone is similar to Slash's

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

The record was insane, but I think there's some kind of cease and desist order type of thing, Emi Asta's voice is just pure Axl immitation, and Even Chesney tone is similar to Slash's

There wasn't a cease and desist, he just got busy with another project and put this one to the side. 

• Like 1

Can someone list the timecodes of the "Circus Maximus" leak with the timecodes of the mysterious soundcheck and tell me what parts they think sound familiar? I don't want to be rude but I don't really hear it at all besides a few notes that sort of sound similiar (that could be a complete and utter coincidence).

12 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Can someone list the timecodes of the "Circus Maximus" leak with the timecodes of the mysterious soundcheck and tell me what parts they think sound familiar? I don't want to be rude but I don't really hear it at all besides a few notes that sort of sound similiar (that could be a complete and utter coincidence).

It's hard to explain but to me the part in Circus Maximus at 2:30 sounds like that Piano moving jam and the Piano moving jam feels like it has the same vibe as the unknown song clip (clean guitar version) Also the guitar part on Circus Maximus after the descending piano part reminds me of the lead guitar part on the Unknown song clip (heavier version).

Obviously there not exactly the same but I can sort of hear what sounds like the evolution of  a work in progress song changing over the years.

6 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

It's hard to explain but to me the part in Circus Maximus at 2:30 sounds like that Piano moving jam and the Piano moving jam feels like it has the same vibe as the unknown song clip (clean guitar version)

Do you have an MP3 or link to that Piano Moving Jam.
I heard the story about that jam before but I never heard the jam.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:27 PM, Master Of Reality said:

This sounds like the end of D Tune for sure! 

It doesn't. It's a different key (it's called D Tune for a reason - the song is all on drop Db. The jam was Ab7 if Im not mistaken) and different chord progression.

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

It's hard to explain but to me the part in Circus Maximus at 2:30 sounds like that Piano moving jam and the Piano moving jam feels like it has the same vibe as the unknown song clip (clean guitar version) Also the guitar part on Circus Maximus after the descending piano part reminds me of the lead guitar part on the Unknown song clip (heavier version).

Obviously there not exactly the same but I can sort of hear what sounds like the evolution of  a work in progress song changing over the years.

I can hear it too, it has a Circus Maximus vibe (imo)... but no so much for the mysterious soundcheck