Soundcheck mysterious song

23 hours ago, jafeijo said:

Hey guys! I was at the Porto Alegre gig last night, arrived early and the band was soundchecking some songs from the set. Nothing different, but suddenly they started playing this one, which really caught my attention since it has an odd chord progression and quite elaborated guitar riff. (Wasn’t a normal jam, seemed really like a work in progress, at minimum). Need to mention that Slash wouldn’t stop playing the riff as if he was trying to memorize it. At first It reminded me of the melody of Atlas Shrugged intro, which could be a reworked version of it. I recorded some of it with my phone but couldn’t get much. They played this tune about 2 times while I was on there and Slash kept playing the main riff during the whole soundcheck.

http://sndup.net/dnt6

http://sndup.net/h9cx

It sounds like the end part of Soul Monster. 

Edit- Thought it sounded like 115 left in Soul Monster. Went back an re-listened to the instrumentals and the guitar riff actually sounds like circus Maximus. 

Edited by Arnuld

3 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

If it's one of the leaks, my bet is Atlas Shrugged. There's something similar about the drums.  This could easily be a new part of the song, or simply how the reworked version sounds like. Hard Skool was pretty different compared to the original version as well.

Although now that I listened to the second clip, I don't know. Maybe it's a little too different. It might be a completely new song that we've never heard before. It could be Cuban Skies, Seven or Ideas of March. Or something else. 

It's a whole new part IF this is Atlas Shrugged. I doesn't sound like the same song, but it's possible the song changed quite a bit between 1999 and 2015 and even more changes probably happened if Slash / Duff have worked their parts into it.

The actual answer is, this could be anything! it could be a chord progression Slash made up that day and showed the guys and they just messed around with it. Seems like a little more than that, but without hearing a clearer audio track and more of the track it's kinda hard to say one way or the other. AND without a vocal it's also fairly hard to make any real comment.

I can hear D Tune and Circus Maximus 

Amazing songs 

Listen to D Tune and you will easily turn on the music played in rehearsal

The leaked version of Circus Maximus is just an idea, I think they have a few tricks up their sleeve. I love that beat Brain plays

Edited by TheSlashrose

50 minutes ago, Dean said:

I sent Dummy to the guy Axl played Cuban Skies to and he said that wasn’t the same song.

Did that guy who heard Cuban Skies give you anymore details about the track that he didn't share in his original post? I'm sure it would be hard to remember details after all those years. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Did that guy who heard Cuban Skies give you anymore details about the track that he didn't share in his original post? I'm sure it would be hard to remember details after all those years. 

Just that there was lot of Flamenco/Spanish Guitars with no additional instrumentation and then that Axl changed the song to something else. If I remember right, he didn’t hear vocals for Cuban Skies

6 minutes ago, Dean said:

Just that there was lot of Flamenco/Spanish Guitars with no additional instrumentation and then that Axl changed the song to something else. If I remember right, he didn’t hear vocals for Cuban Skies

Oh wow, now that is interesting. Axl must of told him the song was about cigars then if he didn't hear any vocals. I appreciate you sharing. 

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Oh wow, now that is interesting. Axl must of told him the song was about cigars then if he didn't hear any vocals. I appreciate you sharing. 

Aye, it's a small detail but no one had mentioned '100' in the song title before that chap had mentioned it!

• Like 1