Soundcheck mysterious song

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Well, I tried to get the chords and some of the riff and it doesn't really match Circus Maximus IMO. 

Nice guitar btw dude! And well done, that is right on to what is in the clip

Edited by WhazUp
  • Thanks 1

can you imagine Axl singin like 2010 eye on you reworked with a slash solo epic like november rain? i know is a daydream but in my heart thats was close to what i fell when in coachella 2016 Axl sang This i love with the Slash solo...

Also i remember being in Bs as 2014 literally CRYING when they played that song and thinking OMG THIS IS A CLASSIC and i was so close to the band even made eye contact with Axl in paradise city... 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Irish Rose said:

Its a tough one.

What do you think is the best way to market the Use Your Illusion re-release V/with the (maybe) new album?

(thats a lot of maybes!)

They don't have to be marketed together. I've said in another thread that the expensive box sets aren't meant for casual fans, and most people will stream whatever is released anyway. Releasing new songs around the same time as the UYI reissue could work as cross-promotion, the nostalgic fans would stream UYI then possibly check out the new songs. Every article written about new material would also mention the UYI reissue, and vice-versa.

Off the top of my head, using artists of comparable size/legacy - Eminem reissued the Slim Shady LP then surprise-released a brand new album a month later, Ozzy released a massive box set then released the Ordinary Man single about a month later... it's certainly not unheard of for bands to ride the momentum of their reissues and get more attention for their new stuff.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They don't have to be marketed together. I've said in another thread that the expensive box sets aren't meant for casual fans, and most people will stream whatever is released anyway. Releasing new songs around the same time as the UYI reissue could work as cross-promotion, the nostalgic fans would stream UYI then possibly check out the new songs. Every article written about new material would also mention the UYI reissue, and vice-versa.

Off the top of my head, using artists of comparable size/legacy - Eminem reissued the Slim Shady LP then surprise-released a brand new album a month later, Ozzy released a massive box set then released the Ordinary Man single about a month later... it's certainly not unheard of for bands to ride the momentum of their reissues and get more attention for their new stuff.

this is the way bands r doing now and btw gnr is a functional touring band but in matter of selling disc or music idk, they sell more t-shirts than discs or music 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Even if it's a new song, it doesn't mean that they'll play it at the next show or even on this tour leg. They may continue soundchecking it for a month without playing it.

As said earlier, we won't really know until we see the alt list. The last time we saw the alt list was the first show of the leg so who knows if things could've changed by then.

That being said I think things are massively blown out of proportion here. It's very clearly just a jam or something, I don't think it's a new song. 

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

As said earlier, we won't really know until we see the alt list. The last time we saw the alt list was the first show of the leg so who knows if things could've changed by then.

That being said I think things are massively blown out of proportion here. It's very clearly just a jam or something, I don't think it's a new song. 

you r right! is a whole new album! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The biggest clue, in my opinion, would be if they continued soundchecking it regardless of whether it's on the alt setlist or not - because, if it's just a jam, it would be pointless for them to soundcheck it regularly.

I think it's just the usual extreme reactions when something like this happens. Just like when the Spotify thing started, there are those who are extremely optimistic that something is imminent, it's coming on Friday, at the next show etc; and then there those on the other end who, out of fear of being disappointed, try to be cynical and convince themselves and others that there's no way this is a new song, it surely must be just a jam.

To me either is equally plausible. I don't think it sounds like a jam Slash and Duff would come up with, although it's not completely unlikely.

I think the biggest reasoning for me I can’t subscribe to this being a new Guns song is it just sounds like nothing we’ve heard and we know Slash and Duff haven’t started writing anything new-new for GNR. Would like to be wrong. Biggest thing that works against us this leg is there’s much less concert goers who post setlists and sound checks. Who knows, maybe they’ve been playing this for a week now. Right now anyone’s guess is as good as another.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think the biggest reasoning for me I can’t subscribe to this being a new Guns song is it just sounds like nothing we’ve heard and we know Slash and Duff haven’t started writing anything new-new for GNR. Would like to be wrong. Biggest thing that works against us this leg is there’s much less concert goers who post setlists and sound checks. Who knows, maybe they’ve been playing this for a week now. Right now anyone’s guess is as good as another.

But there is at least a handful of songs from the CD era that we haven't heard, and at least a couple of them may be completed. So I don't think the fact that it doesn't sound like something that's on the locker leaks lessens the possibility of it being a new song.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

But there is at least a handful of songs from the CD era that we haven't heard, and at least a couple of them may be completed. So I don't think the fact that it doesn't sound like something that's on the locker leaks lessens the possibility of it being a new song.

That’s true. As said all guesses are as good of another right now. At the end of the day everyone’s theories are based off of almost no information.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MathieuP said:

Could that be Brain playing during this rehearsal?

Interesting question. I doubt that he would fly all the way down to South America just to watch the shows. 

9 hours ago, MathieuP said:

Could that be Brain playing during this rehearsal?

Interesting question. I doubt that he would fly all the way down to South America just to watch the shows. 

• Like 2