Favorite parts of Guns N'Roses songs? πŸ˜ƒ

My favorite part of Rocket Queen is at around 41 seconds in. πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

For Paradise City, my favorite parts areΒ  is,"Captain America's best been torn apart!" The whistle, and the final two minutes of it.Β  Β πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Sweet Child Of Mine, my favorite part is,"Where do we go? Where do we go? Where do we go now? πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

In Welcome To The Jungle, my favorite parts are the siren wail scream opening and the "Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle baby, you're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeown!" Bridge. πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

For IRS, my favorite part is the roughly 8 second long,"True!" Towards the end. πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Perfect Crime, my favorite part is, ,"I've got a blind man following me in chains!" πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

What about you? πŸ˜ƒ

• Like 1
  • ABSUΠ―D 1

the last part of think about you, the solo of sweet child o mine before the were do we go?, the you r gonna die in wttj, when axl star singing in hard skool, the broken glass n cigarretes part of twat, the "it goes to show" in its so easy full rasp, the intro of mr brownstone, i can do this with all the discography lolΒ 

The part in Madagascar, where it goes from the movie quote sequence back into the verse/chorus. β€žFree at last, free at last, thank god almighty we’re free at lastβ€œ

Buckets solo in TWAT

In Atlas Shrugged there’s a part during the guitar solo where the rhythm guitar plays a lick, just a couple of seconds but it adds a lot imo (at around 3:10 mark)

Patience outro live, when Duff plays this little lick when the bass comes in

Also the moment when the full band + Axl comes in after the Chinese Democracy intro

Oh and of course the part when My World is finally over

I do think that the classic lineup wrote the better songs overall, but as you can see from my list, there are more moments in songs from the CD era, that give me goosebumps or stand out for meΒ 

Just listened to TWAT again and there’s so many moments in this song alone:

- At the beginning of the 2nd verse the guitar in the right channel plays a long sustained note followed by a little lick at around 1:13

- at the 2:30 mark when the guitar in the right channel plays the piano melody from the beginning of the song

- around the 3:50 mark the strings in the left channel play a staccato melody

- from 4:14 onwards the bass goes up and down in octaves. Should be waaaaay more prominent but that goes for all bass parts on CD

- from 4:50 all the parts where the accents in drums are played off the beat (5:44 for example)

and of course Axls vocal performance and all of the guitar solos are astonishing, but it’s honestly the little things I mentioned in the list that make the song so good for me. Just genius songwriting and production. Should be considered a GNR classicΒ 

12 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

what?? i need to hear that

Listen to the Brian May version (actually don’t know if there’s another version out there) it’s more like around the 3:07 mark, you can’t miss itΒ 

The live outro in November rain. I think the pause helps to build the outro up.Β 
The last three minutes of Coma may be the best three minutes of any GNR song. Axl is firing on all cylinders as are the band.Β 
The intro to it’s so easy is just so good and so recognisable.

I know there are more but those three off the top of my head stand out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Karice said:

How could I have forgotten? Axl's emotional breakdown in Coma towards the end is gut wretchingly amazing. My favorite part of Coma. Axl sounds like a man at the end of his wits at that part.Β 

I'm so curious to know who are you! Just by the way you right.Β :wow:

Β 

4 hours ago, tkarmy said:

The change over in rocket queen.

this I love solo

Better solo

Β 

To me Rocket Queen sounds like two different songs. The first half is Axl being this strong, boasting, cocky, tough, I can use you and then laugh about it," and the second half of Rocket Queen is Axl being all,"Please don't leave me, I love you, I'm feeling vulnerable and I need you and want you to need me too." Two different songs that each could have been a stand alone song. πŸ˜ƒ

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Karice said:

My favorite part of Rocket Queen is at around 41 seconds in. πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

For Paradise City, my favorite parts areΒ  is,"Captain America's best been torn apart!" The whistle, and the final two minutes of it.Β  Β πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Sweet Child Of Mine, my favorite part is,"Where do we go? Where do we go? Where do we go now? πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

In Welcome To The Jungle, my favorite parts are the siren wail scream opening and the "Do you know where you are? You're in the jungle baby, you're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeown!" Bridge. πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

For IRS, my favorite part is the roughly 8 second long,"True!" Towards the end. πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Perfect Crime, my favorite part is, ,"I've got a blind man following me in chains!" πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

What about you? πŸ˜ƒ

Buckethead parts

There’s so many… 

Brownstone intro, Nightrain Outro, Paradise City from the snake guitar solo through bridge, verse, chorus and outro solo, Coma Outro, YCBM bridge (this was jaw dropping when I saw them in 92, Axl just spat it out with venom and lashings of prime rasp) SCOM solo, Nov Rain solos and Outros, chunks of Estranged, guitar & piano, those are a few.
Β 

Almost every GnR song, even the ones I don’t like, have a part to them that’s brilliant or unique.Β 

• Like 2